Hello,

I have two roadrunner email accounts. My Bold 9700 is great about retrieving all my messages from both of these accounts, as well as my BB, yahoo, and two gmail accounts.

However, when I delete messages "On Mailbox and Handheld", it will always delete the messages from the mail server for one RR account, but only delete 75% to 90% of those on the other RR account! No problem with the other accounts. Both RR accounts are set up identically on the BB and RR side. Of course RR tech support blames the Blackberry or AT&T, and AT&T blames the Blackberry or roadrunner. And no. I don't want to exchange my BB again -- I'm still waiting for AT&T to acknowledge they received the last one I sent back.

It won't happen if I download the messages first to my PC with Thunderbird -- the messages will only get "stuck" on RR's server if my BB gets to see them first!

So, as I normally keep my BB on and downloading email, I make it a regular practice to delete the "stuck" messages from my RR webmail so it doesn't get jammed up. But it's very annoying to keep doing. And if I'm stuck without PC access, I'd hate to have those messages piling up on the server for long.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing, or a possible fix?

One more possible(?) clue -- I had three gmail accounts but my BB would only download from two (along with the 2 RR, the yahoo and the BB.) It was time to phase out one of the gmail accounts anyway so now I have the two, which work great on my BB. Is it possible that my phone is overwhelmed by six accounts, to the point of not always deleting messages from one? This is a test I'd rather not run -- I want to receive all my messages via BB, and most of all I'd be dismayed to find out it couldn't handle these accounts! -- but if that is the best advice, I will try it.

Hopefully there's another explanation and fix. Thank you to whomever may offer advice!
    11-30-10 07:57 PM
    You may want to check the settings on the Email account that is not cooperating. Another temporary fix is to have the email that is acting up automatically forwarded to the account that works. Again if the option is available it would be in the accounts settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mrskittens likes this.
    11-30-10 09:10 PM
    You may want to check the settings on the Email account that is not cooperating. Another temporary fix is to have the email that is acting up automatically forwarded to the account that works. Again if the option is available it would be in the accounts settings.

I appreciate you trying.

The settings are definitely the same on both accounts.

And I'm told that there is no way to forward the messages between RR accounts. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd like to hear how. It would be necessary that I still receive the mail to both accounts in their original form, as one is a personal account and the other business.

Thanks for any continued assistance.
    11-30-10 09:26 PM
    Have you tried deleting the account and then recreating it. This seems to work for others with similar probs. Wish I could help you more!

mrskittens likes this.
    12-01-10 08:58 AM
    Have you tried deleting the account and then recreating it. This seems to work for others with similar probs. Wish I could help you more!

I appreciate you trying as well. Unfortunately I tried this a bunch over the last year and it hasn't helped either.

I dunno what it is with these multiple accounts (and that with RR it's two accounts, with gmail it's three, albeit different problems so perhaps unrelated) but it isn't a terrible problem or I would have dealt with it more seriously by now. Still annoying though!

And potentially more troublesome, though I hope, who knows, maybe OS6 will do the trick? Not ready for that step yet though. Ah well...
    12-01-10 09:16 AM
    And you have checked your settings in Messages/Menu/Options/Email Reconciliation. You can select different accounts with the drop down box. The On Conflicts option on mine is set to Mailbox wins. You could try changing that to Handheld wins.

mrskittens likes this.
    12-01-10 10:16 AM
    And you have checked your settings in Messages/Menu/Options/Email Reconciliation. You can select different accounts with the drop down box. The On Conflicts option on mine is set to Mailbox wins. You could try changing that to Handheld wins.

Ya know, I got a little shiver (good kind) about this idea. Although all the accounts were set up the same way, it just sounds like it might help?

In any case, I can't see that it would do harm to try. Anyone, please let me know if I'm wrong about that (the only disastrous thing would be to miss email. Anything else, probably no big deal?)

If I go for a day or especially two without the problem, I will assume it resolved. In any case, thank you for the suggestion! (and please wish me luck!
    12-01-10 10:32 AM
    The very best of luck to you mrskittens!
    Be sure to keep me posted on your results!

12-01-10 12:49 PM
    The very best of luck to you mrskittens!
    Be sure to keep me posted on your results!

Well I had a ton of mail to that account this morning so I thought I'd check and unfortunately a lot of them are still in my webmail However I never did a battery pull after the change....will do that and keep you posted. Thanks!
    12-01-10 12:58 PM
    Hi, I forgot to check in for a while but the result is, starting from the first day and onwards, no change. Some messages still do not get deleted from the server.

Does anyone else experience this?

Two accounts on an ISP (in my case, road runner) and on one account some messages just won't get deleted from the server unless it's done manually through webmail -- IF the BB gets it first. If my email client gets it first though, no problem! So it would seem to be the BB....

Thanks, anyone, one more try!

12-04-10 06:19 AM
    I don't really think it's the bb. I would suspect webmail first. Have you thoroughly checked all the setting and security options in the webmail account? I know my accounts, yahoo, gmail and hotmail all work perfectly. The only things that do not delete on these accounts are spam. Mainly because they never make it to my bb. Is webmail an imap or pop server? I would send webmail an email and explain. Happy hunting!

12-04-10 11:46 AM
    I don't really think it's the bb. I would suspect webmail first. Have you thoroughly checked all the setting and security options in the webmail account? I know my accounts, yahoo, gmail and hotmail all work perfectly. The only things that do not delete on these accounts are spam. Mainly because they never make it to my bb. Is webmail an imap or pop server? I would send webmail an email and explain. Happy hunting!

Thanks again, but I must not be making myself clear. No problems with either roadrunner account for 12 years retaining anything, including "spam" (because I do not trust their definition having learned the hard way to be sure to turn off their overzealous filtering.) If the BB is off and Thunderbird gets the messages first they have continued to be deleted from the webmail perfectly as in the last 12 years. But if (and only if) the BB gets them first, some of them (totally random, as far as I can tell) stay on the server until I manually delete them through webmail. The accounts are set up exactly the same on the roadrunner end (verified by roadrunner) and on my BB (verified by everything AT&T could think of.)

In addition to the above, what leads me to believe more that it's a BB bug is that, going back to the problem of multiple gmail accounts, it didn't matter what order I added them, it would always be the third that didn't download. Therefore it obviously wasn't the way the gmail accounts were set up (which was identical) it was some confusion/limitation my BB apparently has when trying to deal with multiple accounts. In fact, if I use a different theme, the third gmail account would mess up my layout! It just isn't wanted. I have phased out the third gmail as I don't need it anyway, but I do need both roadrunners and it's not a big deal (for now) to periodically clean out their webmail. It just seems that I shouldn't have to.

I should try adding a third roadrunner alias just for fun to see what happens

I do appreciate you trying though!
    12-04-10 01:26 PM
    Sorry I couldn't be more help mrskittens! have a great weekend!

12-04-10 04:03 PM
    No problem Albee, again I appreciate your efforts! A good weekend to you, too
    12-04-10 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD