On my curve 8330 on the home screen the small envelope at the top will not disappear it says I have 1 message yet I can not find any in my 3 email accounts. Any way I can make it go away?
    12-22-08 07:01 PM
    Check your saved messages too.
    12-22-08 07:06 PM
    I get that now and then, usually after I've deleted an e-mail, and the only way I've found to get rid of it is reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 08:14 PM
    This happened to me right when I first got my phone. As Spinny suggested, try rebooting by taking the battery out then putting it back in.

That cleared it up for me.
    12-22-08 09:07 PM
    Thanks I pulled out the battery and voila message icon gone after reboot. Thanks ever so much to all who replied.
    12-23-08 08:07 AM
    No prob. There's a keyboard shortcut to rebooting that doesn't require a battery pull, but it's not as thorough and in this case might not clear up the icon:

Press (at the same time): alt, right shift, and delete.

If you do it a second time just as the screen goes white again, it does a "deeper" reboot that takes over a minute to complete. I've found doing it twice clears up the icon problem, and I don't have to fiddle with the case and battery.
    12-23-08 08:13 AM
    Also could it have been a msg in the home messages folder? Which is separate from your email folders. I got a message from BB and had a hard time finding it cause it was in that folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 09:35 AM
    How do I find the "home messages" folder? I still have one envelope inspite of checking all other folders and a battery pull! Thanks
    12-25-08 06:20 AM
    Check your saved messages too.
    Thanks for this. I had this problem and couldn't find the offending message until I looked in my saved messages as suggested above. Thanks!
    12-30-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD