My sms and email messages seem to have all been deleted before around the 3rd of april- only the Saved messages have been kept. I have an 8gb card with around 4gb free, and under status the number of smss has dropped from around 6000 to 2500. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Yash

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 01:31 PM
    How long do you have your phone setup to store messages for?

Open up your message icon go to options>general settings and scroll all the way down to "Store messages"
    05-10-09 01:38 PM
    How much memory do you have available on your phone in general? Altho I think the answer above mine is correct; I'd check the message settings

05-10-09 01:54 PM
    Messages are stored on your phone's memory, not the memory card so the free space on there is irrelevant.

Check options>status>file free. You're going to want at least 12000000 mb free.

05-10-09 02:15 PM
    4979009 Bytes free.
    But you mean if I get more of other things it deletes 4 thousand SMS? What's the priority order thing- as in what should I delete if I wanted to keep messages?

05-10-09 04:28 PM
    My curve deletes my sms every restart? I don't get it nor like it.
    05-10-09 04:36 PM
    You should not let your free memory get that low. The phone will definitely start deleting messages as you experienced. The "fix" is to always be aware of your free memory and to do the necessary steps to stop from getting low. Starting with doing a regular battery pull.
    05-10-09 05:02 PM
    This is due to memory loss! Go to Options>Status, and check File Free status. You should have a minimum of 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you're low on memory, follow the instructions on this thread to help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

After you finish with the memory optimization, make sure all your media items (e.g. pics, music, video etc.) are stored on a media card. When you lose memory, your BB will start to delete the least important items to free up memory. This includes texts, emails and call logs. Try to keep an amount above or around 12,000,000 free bytes.

05-10-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD