Got my first Blackberry yesterday, 8900, love the thing! Bought an inexpensive optronics bluetooth ear piece with it, worked fine. Brought the cheap bluetooth unit back and bought a Motorola H710 instead. After the 2 hour charge I turned it on and tried to match it to my phone, it recognizes it just fine, but the Blackberry says:
    "Unable to allocate memory, close other applications and try again"

I don't have much stuff on this thing, I have a weather program, Facebook and Google maps, which I found as soon as I got here, thanks!
    What is up with this headset? Could it be it my Blackberry?
    I just tried my ear buds that came with the Blackberry and they are saying the same thing when I push the button, this is discouraging.. I have about 100MB of application memory available.
    Thanks for any insight!
    04-29-09 07:38 PM
    Do a battery pull and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 07:39 PM
    That fixed it! Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 07:59 PM
    I just got off the phone with RIM, apparently this is an issue they are dealing with, I am not the only one..

RIM supplied me with a link, but apparently I can not post it until I reach 10 posts. However, it is an issue they are dealing with and will provide a fix when it is available, until then the "battery pull" is the fix.
    04-30-09 04:14 PM
    The "battery pull" tends to be the cure-all, no matter the affliction.
    04-30-09 04:17 PM
    The "battery pull" tends to be the cure-all, no matter the affliction.
    It has that "Windows re-boot" feel to it..
    Small price to pay for all the excitement I am getting from this little thing!
    04-30-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD