So as of today I had 111.5 MB of memor and as the day went on I noticed my phone was acting up; so I go and check the memory( just by chance) and it reads 30.d MB. I didn't download anything!
    So I did a batt. pull and luckily it fixed everything, but I was wondering :
    Why the heck did this happen!?! And is there anyway to prevent it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 03:16 AM
    Have you recently installed a theme or some new app in the past few weeks? Also when was the last time ya did a battery pull? I would suggest a apparently like quick pull or meterberry and set schedules on theme. But if its been quite some time since you did a battery pull this isn't uncommon for a blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com. edited cause predictive text sucks
    12-15-09 04:28 AM
    battery pull it is
    12-15-09 12:03 PM
    Memory disappears all the time on my Pearl.

Quick fixes are closing applications properly (menu button> close) If you exit out of an app by pressing the hang up button, the app continues to run in the background.

Also clearing your browser cache on a regular basis frees up alot of that lost memory.

And of course the battery pull for whatever's left over.
    12-15-09 12:42 PM
    yeah the batt. pull fixed it. it was just a shock to see almost of of my memory dissapear in less then a day for no reason
    12-15-09 03:08 PM
    Something had to be running in the backround or you have a 3rd party application that's chewing up memory...
    12-15-09 03:11 PM
    Something had to be running in the backround or you have a 3rd party application that's chewing up memory...
    The only apps that I use on a everyday basis are:
    Seesmic
    WF banking
    Pandora
    Tumblr for BB
    Poynt(When needed)
    Google
    Facebook/Myspace
    And I <3 Blackberry(which is always running in the background)
    But I've never have had this problem till last night

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 03:49 PM
    It problaby was a 3rd party, just close all the apps when you're done with them.
    12-15-09 03:51 PM
    I know Seesmic is a fairly new application, I'm not sure how well it runs device wise...
    12-15-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD