i just realized that i am storing all my music and photos on a 4GB memory card (i usually have a 16 but lost it with my last phone and didnt buy a new one yet)

and my 9810 has 8GB built in... i'm now saving my ringtones, photos and syncing music to the internal memory.

im wondering how many of you, who have enough of it to use, prefer to save to the phone memory than the media card?

i usually maintain a 16GB card but the store didnt have any to sell when i needed a new one. i also realized that if i loose my phone, all my personal photos and such are on the card which no matter if the phone has a password, can be taken out and loaded on the computer with something else. at least now if my phone gets lost or stolen and its locked theres no way for anyone to access my personal files.

what do you think?
    09-03-11 10:33 PM
    Using a 9700 (soon to be 9780), I make sure to keep it on the external media card cause if the device ever gets FUBAR'd, you've lost everything. It's how I go about things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 10:57 PM
    well im not saying your stuff cant be backed up... thats too easy.
    09-03-11 11:05 PM
    I cant remember which Blackberry's it was as I've had many but when I went to transfer everything from my old Blackberry to my new one, the new BB didnt have internal storage so it didnt transfer my stuff over that was on internal storage. It just turned a small transfer into manually taking things off and putting them on the new BB. Since then I've never used internal storage. Id rather use a 32GB card. Just my 2 cents. Also, I dont use it, but im pretty sure you can encrypt the data thats on the memory card.
    09-03-11 11:46 PM
    ahh that that is a good thought about encrypting! i will have to look into that.

yeah i was just thinking most people probably never use the internal storage. i realized that when the 9810 came sans a memory card which is unusual for a smartphone.

but im thinking now what the ****. i'm going to end up getting a new 16GB or maybe even 32GB card but it seems optimal right now.

whats funny is i bet if it did not come with much internal storage people would complain about it even though most are using memory cards lol
    09-04-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD