ANyone notice that there is a new option on the under your settings, and then Security, then "Memory Cleaning?"

Switch that to "Enabled" and it gives you the chance for the BB to automatically clear cache, clipboards, etc. whenever you holster your BB?

I think this is an awesome idea.

Also, I noticed that on the Camera options, there is "geotagging." what exactly is this? I seem to get a GPS picture with a red X over it, although my GPS works fine.
    03-29-08 08:14 PM
    Memory cleaning has been available for a while now, Memory Cleaner is installed with BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.0, but is not enabled until Content Protection is enabled.
    03-29-08 08:18 PM
    Ehhhh I never knew that!! I feel bummed, I've been hoping for this feature. Oh well.

Any ideas on GeoTagging?
    03-29-08 08:21 PM
    Memory cleaning has been available for a while now, Memory Cleaner is installed with BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.0, but is not enabled until Content Protection is enabled.
    Yep. I'm running 4.2.2.166 and I have it enabled. I like the option to put an icon on my desktop. It's great for easy access.
    03-29-08 08:37 PM
    What all does it clean? cache, call logs, cookies?
    03-30-08 06:59 AM
    Geotagging links your photo's to locations.

Geotagging links photos to locales - CNET News.com
    03-30-08 07:04 AM
    What exactly does content protection do? Why would I need it?

Patrick
    03-30-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD