Hi,

Do you guys use this option... "Memory Cleaning" ?

Is it worth the hassle? Or do you just save it as auto?

Does it save much memory or is better more for security reason?

Thanks
    11-30-08 07:18 PM
    Doesn't do much. If you're concerned about memory, handle it yourself with the memory opt in my signature.
    11-30-08 07:20 PM
    I never use it as I found it really does not clear up any
    significant amount of memory.
    11-30-08 07:21 PM
    You get a much better return clearing your event log and clearing your browser's cache. It doesn't hurt to run it once in a while. If you set it to auto, it switches off everytime you reset your device.

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 07:30 PM
    Your also better off doing a battery pull.

11-30-08 07:31 PM
    You get a much better return clearing your event log and clearing your browser's cache. It doesn't hurt to run it once in a while. If you set it to auto, it switches off everytime you reset your device.

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back

I was going to set it auto.... but if it disables everytime i reset device...no point....

Thanks for all theses great ideas!!! :-)
    11-30-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD