I'm having a memory card issue. I have a 1g card that has never given me a problem. I just went into my pictures and everything is saved on "device memory". There wasn't an option to even select the card. I checked to see if mass storage was on and it was.

I did a battery pull. Still no card. All of the wallpapers I have been downloading are being saved to device memory. This will start to cause a problem since I have a 5mb limit set in my options.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next?

TIA for any suggestions.
    02-06-09 01:43 PM
    Try taking the media card out and reinstalling it. Also, when you have the card out, make sure none of the little contacts are bent or dirty.
    02-06-09 01:58 PM
    Try taking the media card out and reinstalling it. Also, when you have the card out, make sure none of the little contacts are bent or dirty.
    I forgot to mention that I had done that also. When the phone boots back up it says that the memory card is in there, but I still can't see it.
    02-06-09 02:15 PM
    You should see if your computer can recognize the card. you can get a very cheap adapter / reader.
    02-06-09 02:17 PM
    I'd try another memory card. Best case scenario, you have to replace the card...
    02-06-09 02:19 PM
    I'd try another memory card. Best case scenario, you have to replace the card...
    Yeah, 1 Gb just isn't that much capacity nowadays anyway. I'd go at least 4 GB.
    02-06-09 02:25 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think the problem is user error. LOL. When I went to look at the media on my computer, it showed two different sections of pictures. When I looked at the options a second time (after some more coffee) it seems that I mis-read things. The path for the picture files notes the media card, but it seems that the name is shortened to "device memory". It looks like the pictures are on the card, it just doesn't say it.

Does this make sense? If anyone has any other thoughts, I'd appreciate it.
    02-06-09 02:35 PM
    Makes sense. Kind of...

I still suggest getting a "beefier" memory card. I'm currently on a 16.
    02-06-09 02:42 PM
    So on your media card you have a main folder called "Blackberry", then you have a folder called "Pictures", but you also have a folder called "Device Memory"?
    02-06-09 02:44 PM
    So on your media card you have a main folder called "Blackberry", then you have a folder called "Pictures", but you also have a folder called "Device Memory"?
    That was my understanding... but it was a little unclear. Hence the "kind of..."
    02-06-09 02:52 PM
    When I view my pictures on my phone, the blue shaded header says "device memory". Right above that in small white print, it says "pictures", but I can't select "pictures".

It seems that everything is on the media card.
    02-06-09 03:54 PM
    I ran into this when I first installed my card too. It's a little confusing at first. If your device is set up to store to your card, which you said yours is, then when you're looking at storage from the camera you'll see device memory. This is the device memory, NOT the media card. For example, choose a picture, then choose move and it will bring up what you're talking about. This is device memory. They're not stored there, it's just giving you the choice to move to device memory.

Also, From the camera, not "view pictures", go to Menu > Options > go all the way to the bottom and click on the little folder. It'll show your pictures and your cursor will be on Device Memory. That's not where your pics are, it's putting the cursor on that so you can look in that folder.

Try this ~ click on your media icon, Don't choose any media, just press Menu > Explore and you'll see two choices: Media Card and Device Memory. Go through these and see where your pics are.

Hope this makes sense. Took me awhile to figure out too.
    02-06-09 06:37 PM
    Thanks Bob. Everything is where it should be. Like I said before, it was an i-d-10-t error. LOL
    02-06-09 07:17 PM
    Cool. So I take it that banging your head against the wall helped better than anything else?
    02-06-09 07:23 PM
    I'm having a problem, I just switched phones from my Lg Dare and Verizon had replaced it with a Blackberry Storm. They only gave me a charger, phone and battery. No computer cables to connect, cd's or anything just a warranty replacement swap free of charge. My problem is that when I used to my Micro SD card from my Lg Dare it says this message when it turns on "Media Card inserted, cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted". I don't know what to do because I don't want to reformat the card and loose all my images and music. So the phone reads that there's a card inserted just can't view what's on it for some reason. Anyone that can help I would really appreciate that so much.
    02-07-09 06:15 PM
    I'm having a problem, I just switched phones from my Lg Dare and Verizon had replaced it with a Blackberry Storm. They only gave me a charger, phone and battery. No computer cables to connect, cd's or anything just a warranty replacement swap free of charge. My problem is that when I used to my Micro SD card from my Lg Dare it says this message when it turns on "Media Card inserted, cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted". I don't know what to do because I don't want to reformat the card and loose all my images and music. So the phone reads that there's a card inserted just can't view what's on it for some reason. Anyone that can help I would really appreciate that so much.
    Unless you have an adapter for your micro SD card and a card reader on your computer, there really isn't much you can do.
    02-07-09 07:08 PM
    yeah i figure, i need to go into verizon and get the data cable/adapter to connect to my computer. but the problem is my macbook doesnt even have a slot for the sd cards...do any of you guys have any info on pocketmac for blackberrys?
    02-08-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD