I've formatted my card, media card support is on, support is on, auto enable mass storage mode when connected is Yes.

Camera options Store Pictures: On Media Card.

When I look in Media I have two options: Camera and Device Memory.....no card.

When I go into Options>Remove Media Card: Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted (it has been repeatedly with Mass Storage Mode Support On and Off).

When I plug the card into an adapter and plug it into my pc's usb port, and try to look at it through Explorer it says Please insert a disk into drive e.

The card is a Sandisk 2gb.

I'm sorry to ask such a stupid question, but what am I doing wrong?????
    06-20-08 11:41 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If you can view the media card from Windows, everything is correctly configured.

There is a native file manager, Media / Explore. That should let you view both device memory and media memory. It can also move files if needed.
    06-20-08 03:10 PM
    I don't have a camera. I do have the Sandisk 2GB card. The message you get when you select "remove media card" is the same message I get. It sounds like an error message, but it's really just the OS acknowledging that as far as it's concerned, the card is removed and thus can't be read. When you select "Install Media Card," it goes away.

Do you show a formatted capacity of 1.8GB when the card is installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 03:37 PM
    Yes, I was wrong about the card size....its actually 4gb, so it reads 3.7 gb...
    06-20-08 09:12 PM
    Ok, that's good. Your card is properly formatted, and the blackberry is reading that. You mention looking in Media and seeing only Camera and device memory. Then you talk about putting the card in an adapter in a USB Port. Nowhere do you mention using Mass Storage Mode, except in the beginning where you say you have Mass Storage Mode set to auto when connected. I wonder if you're confusing the two modes? Mass Storage Mode is used when you connect the blackberry to the computer using a USB cable. Have you done that? In Mass Storage Mode, you can't look at the card using Media. Mass Storage Mode and Media Explorer can't be used at the same time. I may not be explaining that very well. Or maybe you already understand it and I'm misunderstanding you. Try this, just to be sure we're on the same page. Exit desktop manager if it is running. Plug the blackberry into the computer using a usb cable. Double click on MyComputer. Do you see the Blackberry device? The blackberry Media card should show up as a drive letter. Does it? If it doesn't, I'll talk you through manually assigning a drive letter. If it does, you're home free.
    06-20-08 10:08 PM
    Jeff-
    Thanks for the guidance! I've been away, so sorry for the slow response.

I have to admit, I don't understand much of what you're telling me. I tried plugging the BB into my USB cable with BB Desktop Manager turned off. Drive Letter E appears, but then it says please insert a disk in drive e....not sure what to do.
    Thanks
    -Steve
    06-27-08 11:41 AM
    From what I can gather... it seems like you have a bad microSD. The device and the PC recognize it is available, but cannot read the media at all. They can tell it is there, but not access it for any use

I might be wrong, so correct me if I am overlooking a solution

Good news though! microSD 2Gb are only like $8 and 4Gb are like $18... haha
    06-27-08 03:01 PM
    I'm beginning to come to the same conclusion as bbmcclure937. But one more thing just occurred to me. Do you have a microSDHC card? A 4GB card could be. See this post by Pete6 for an explanation and how to determine if your card is an HC. That may be the problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673H
    06-27-08 03:08 PM
    I just pulled my card out and it's SDHC.....should I just buy another card or should I get a new microSDHC USB adapter?
    Thanks
    06-27-08 09:42 PM
    That's it! Problem solved and kudos to Pete for doing the research.

It's your call on whether to get another card. 2GB is plenty for me, at least until we get the ability to work with docs on the card.
    06-27-08 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD