Interesting. Do you have figures to accompany those names, and corresponding numbers for BES10?

The only numbers I've heard for BES10 are the (meaninglessly vague) ones where they lump together commercial installations and Test installations without quantifying how many companies are actually paying for a service.
    I based those figures on the Citron stock report and as far as I know they based their figures on Google Play installations? Or is that invalid? I honestly don't know better.

EDIT:
    The report states the following:
    1. BES10
    1-5 M installs, average rating 4.0; 40,372 ratings
    2. Good Technology
    500k-1M installs, average rating 3.0; 6,824 ratings
    3. Airwatch
    100k-500k installs, average rating 3.0; 615 ratings
    4. MobileIron
    100k-500k installs, average rating 2.9; 818 ratings

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:08 PM
    I based those figures on the Citron stock report and as far as I know they based their figures on Google Play installations? Or is that invalid? I honestly don't know better.

EDIT:
    The report states the following:
    1. BES10
    1-5 M installs, average rating 4.0; 40,372 ratings
    2. Good Technology
    500k-1M installs, average rating 3.0; 6,824 ratings
    3. Airwatch
    100k-500k installs, average rating 3.0; 615 ratings
    4. MobileIron
    100k-500k installs, average rating 2.9; 818 ratings

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I don't know any better than you if those numbers are valid or not. We need an expert! LOL

I am however uneasy about BES installations always being quoted by BB using that "commercial+test" combined metric. I'm a cynical soul, and always examine any statement for ambiguity and wriggle-room... and there's a lot of room to wriggle in the BB figures. I think I'd just like some clarity.
    01-23-14 12:25 PM
    Actually, I don't know any better than you if those numbers are valid or not. We need an expert! LOL

I am however uneasy about BES installations always being quoted by BB using that "commercial+test" combined metric. I'm a cynical soul, and always examine any statement for ambiguity and wriggle-room... and there's a lot of room to wriggle in the BB figures. I think I'd just like some clarity.
    Yeah, point is, as those are obviously Google Play installations, no BYOD used iPhone metrics are included.

I don't care about the numbers that are communicated by BlackBerry themselves at all, since I have no idea if it's many or not in the first place But when Chen (as he did recently) states that BlackBerry is by far the most adopted MDM solution, I really buy it Fanboy maybe?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:44 PM
    Yeah, point is, as those are obviously Google Play installations, no BYOD used iPhone metrics are included.

I don't care about the numbers that are communicated by BlackBerry themselves at all, since I have no idea if it's many or not in the first place But when Chen (as he did recently) states that BlackBerry is by far the most adopted MDM solution, I really buy it Fanboy maybe?
    It's OK... your secret is safe with me!

Possibly off-topic, but even though I'm often termed one of the negative nancies, I'm enough of a BB fan to want Chen (very impressive thus far) to succeed in turning BB around. But Chen himself has been guilty of the same ambiguity - "by far the most adopted MDM solution", without specifying how many are paying for their installation, doesn't really clarify anything.

It would be nice if someone in the MDM biz could post some industry numbers here. Just to satisfy our curiosity.
    01-23-14 01:01 PM
    It would be nice if someone in the MDM biz could post some industry numbers here.
    I think if those numbers would be that easy to get, that Citron stock report wouldn't be based on Google Play statistics. So wait and see I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 01:10 PM
    having some silence when everything written was negative is probably a good thing for a while. It just makes the big legitimate news more valuable and will help to push the stock. I agree there hasnt been much news but remember last year when we had all the news about the new phones and how bb10 was going to be the saviour of blackberry did that really help us. In a way it made the media even more vicious and ready to pounce. Here there are few if any expectations at the moment they are really just doing what they can without too much pressure to turn things around. In a way thats what they want. I assume we will see some better press coming from the financials and maybe the fact the bleeding has stopped or at least slowed for a while this is the best press they can get slow momentum builiding is the way to go. Have small expectations and then smash those expectations. Prem Watsa is laughing right now he bought more shares and all he was hoping for was to come back to par at 9 dollars. I think this is nothing but good news. So right now no news is good news.
    01-28-14 10:58 PM
56 123