8830 with Sprint's OS 4.5

I see the scan start but I guess it ends. When I open the Music Player portion of Media Player I get NO music showing under any of the options (artist, songs, albums) - no music.

If I EXPLORE the 8gig sd card, the mp3 files are there - about 3 gigs of them. And if I pick one, it will play that way.

I have THREE-FINGER saluted a few times now (including two consecutive ones) - no change.

Ideas, anyone?

(I wanted thread exposure so posted in the Main BB forum)
    03-04-09 11:12 AM
    Have you tried pulling your battery yet?
    03-04-09 12:13 PM
    yeah do a battery pull. one time i pulled the microsd card out of the phone while it was on the media player, put some music in, stuck the card back in and it didn't read the new songs i uploaded. i did a battery pull and i was up and running
    03-04-09 12:42 PM
    Also, make sure the sd card is in the lock position. That was my problem when something similar happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:52 PM
    Back with an update. I'm not exactly sure what the problem was but it might possibly have to do with another folder on the card that had a ton, well, about 14,000 files!!!! Again, I'm not sure but I pulled the battery removed the card and checked on the computer, placed back in the BB, still no mp3 files. Back to card reader, erased all files, all *.dat files, placed only about 4 mp3 files - NOT there.

Pulled the card again and just perused the card in the computer. Decided to clean stuff off. Removed those two folders with offline maps. Tried again, music indexed and shows again - whew!
    03-06-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD