Ok so where to begin. So tonight in Australia on of the main news channels was a story literally called "Blackberries z10 flops in the us Market". Firstly why the heck is an Australian news company reporting this? Secondly it is media like this which is destroying blackberries comeback, after this aired my dad came into my room to see if I had just seen the news and proceeded to laugh and tell me that I had just purchased a dud mobile phone. I didn't bother replying about the countless advantages of bb10 as no general apple or Android consumer would have a bar of it. What really frustrates me about this sort of press is that it is simply unnecessary and blatant attacking of an underdog and when general consumers see this stuff they automatically think that's all there is to know end of story. However when there's a new report stating that apples I phone 5 is faulty as it comes with scuff marks out of the box due to their manufacturing process, nobody seems to give a ****? I mean, as rational human beings, are we actually so blinded by Apple and society that we should be made to accept a phone that is essentially a "Dud" straight out of the box? (I had an I phone 5 before my z10 but got it launch day so didn't know of the problem beforehand). I'm certain that apple STILL hasn't fixed the issue but sales are still strong?

What happened to society liking an underdog? Now it's either android or apple or you can rack off. Or are we, crack berry nation and loyal BlackBerry fans, the irrational and blind consumers who know that bb10 isn't all that great but we are in denial and blinded by our loyalty? I just can't put my finger on it? Another example of this is the galaxy a4, like are you serious android fans? They announced a new handset which looks exactly the same as the s3 with more powerful specs and different colour names? But no its the most amazing phone coming out according to society. I honestly think there's some conspiracy against BlackBerry and other emerging platforms such as windows that people honestly just don't want them to succeed as they in too deep with their apple and android ecosystems that if something better came along it would have been a waste full investment. And don't even get me started on the lack of bb10 carrier support and advertising in store. It's not just the US affected by this, went into Telstra today to buy my z10 and there was absolutely no bb10 material anywhere in store, just a z10 randomly sitting between a bunch of androids and other crap. The rep I spoke to marveled at th fact that 4 z10's had been sold in the space of 5 hours on launch day which was just embarrassing. When he saw me fiddling with the z10 he almost rushed over to me in a way that gave off the vibe "Yes! Hopefully I can get this customer to buy one of the last z10's so we can get them out of our Inventory".. oh well I've had my rant and could go on and on but I know long posts can get tedious for you crack readers.
    03-26-13 08:55 AM
    I feel your frustration. Sometimes I think we might be better served posting long overdue rants outside of the crackberry bubble where the average person can see them. It is great to vent here but the fight has got to be taken to the streets sometimes.
    03-26-13 09:14 AM
    I feel your frustration. Sometimes I think we might be better served posting long overdue rants outside of the crackberry bubble where the average person can see them. It is great to vent here but the fight has got to be taken to the streets sometimes.
    Other then this site no one's going to care.
    03-26-13 09:17 AM
    Ok so where to begin. So tonight in Australia on of the main news channels was a story literally called "Blackberries z10 flops in the us Market". Firstly why the heck is an Australian news company reporting this? . I didn't bother replying about the countless advantages of bb10 as no general apple or Android consumer would have a bar of it. What really frustrates me about this sort of press is that it is simply unnecessary and blatant attacking of an underdog and when general consumers see this stuff they automatically think that's all there is to know end of story.

What happened to society liking an underdog? Now it's either android or apple or you can rack off. I honestly think there's some conspiracy against BlackBerry and other emerging platforms such as windows that people honestly just don't want them to succeed as they in too deep with their apple and android ecosystems that if something better came along it would have been a waste full investment.
    I slightly agree with some of what you said..however..I've said it before and I'm saying it again and again, just let the devices do the talking.

Blackberry is sold in many markets so of course good and bad news is going to be shown on tv.

General Apple and Android users have their own opinion so theres no need to try explaining an OS to them if they've already decided that they do not like it/want to try it or want to know about it.

Blatant attacking of an underdog is expected but it just peoples own opinions, nothing to get angry over unless you work for BBRY or own stocks.

Of course they don't want BBRY to succeed, its a dog eat dog world the less competition the more likely sales for them.

P.S......I wouldn't call BBRY an underdog, Its still the best business/enterprise/social networking handset...but then again that's just another opinion, my opinion.
    03-26-13 09:28 AM
    Underdogs have always and will always be bullied; it's just the sad nature of our society. However, because we are bullied that we fight back harder and try harder; that's why underdog victories are so sweet. So to all BlackBerry underdogs out there, fight harder and try harder. Show off your choice of device, stand up for your respectable decisions and let's prove BB is an underdog worth taken seriously!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    bluetroll and bunky1971 like this.
    03-26-13 09:48 AM
    Other then this site no one's going to care.
    Just curious...do you have a BlackBerry?

You sure have allot of negative things to say.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:56 AM
    You cannot speak for others. All you can do is to relate your own experience with the phone. People are going to believe what they want to believe. There's nothing you can do anything about it. I like to be different. The popularity of Iphone and androids do not appeal to me. Same goes with fashion or any other consumer products. It's good to be one in a million rather than one of the million. Conformation is only good if you actually aware of what you are conforming to.
    03-26-13 10:00 AM
    Just curious...do you have a BlackBerry?

You sure have allot of negative things to say.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. And if after 3 years they put out a phone to compete with the others only slightly...i would have been happy.

Dare to dream
    03-26-13 10:17 AM
    Yes. And if after 3 years they put out a phone to compete with the others only slightly...i would have been happy.

Dare to dream
    Please explain how the Z only competes "Slightly".
    Not following that one at all...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:25 AM
    Please explain how the Z only competes "Slightly".
    Not following that one at all...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly?how does it not compete apart from the app situation?
    03-26-13 07:23 PM
    There are downsides to the Z10. The camera is weak compared to other phones and the battery life is not great. Those are my only concerns.

The "glitchiness" is a fair complaint too, but for all intents and purposes it is a new OS, so some problems were bound to occur. Those will be fixed in good time. The app situation will likely improve over time, especially if the American sales are all right.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-26-13 08:20 PM
    There are downsides to the Z10. The camera is weak compared to other phones and the battery life is not great. Those are my only concerns.

The "glitchiness" is a fair complaint too, but for all intents and purposes it is a new OS, so some problems were bound to occur. Those will be fixed in good time. The app situation will likely improve over time, especially if the American sales are all right.
    True, but I find the battery better than my old 4S though since the update...that's with me running four apps open all day too.
    03-26-13 08:26 PM

The camera isn't weak except compared to the Lumia. Particularly since the first update.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-26-13 08:36 PM
    Since this marketing campaign is already happening...
    Next marketing campaign, if this garbage is still happening, Frank should totally counter the media.
    03-26-13 08:38 PM
    Op - please switch to decaf - i fear for your heart.

As for BlackBerry, don't worry. The OS is awesome. The phone is awesome. It's selling well everywhere its been released so far and even the US media can't stop that. I am confident it will sell well in the US too. We just need to give it more than a few days.

Oh - and tell your dad not to feel threatened. Lots of old people still think apple is the cool phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:56 PM
    Exactly?how does it not compete apart from the app situation?

For starters. Plugged into a TV or monitor would be even better.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what the OP is referring to. Goldie you clearly aren't a blackberry supporter...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry Z10 can be connected to an HDTV or monitor via a HDMI cable and a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse can be paired with the device plus access to external storage via WiFi is possible. A software update is needed so the display when connected to a monitor adjusts to the resolution equivalent to at least 1920x1080 thereby eliminating the black borders. A docking station with an integrated HDMI port, battery charge connector via the existing USB port, and an integrated media card reader capable of handling a variety of media cards. And fix BlackBerry Bridge.
    Prince_Poppycock and shaleem like this.
    03-27-13 12:31 AM
    The BlackBerry Z10 can be connected to an HDTV or monitor via a HDMI cable and a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse can be paired with the device plus access to external storage via WiFi is possible. A software update is needed so the display when connected to a monitor adjusts to the resolution equivalent to at least 1920x1080 thereby eliminating the black borders. A docking station with an integrated HDMI port, battery charge connector via the existing USB port, and an integrated media card reader capable of handling a variety of media cards. And fix BlackBerry Bridge.
    But I'm still limited to doing only one thing at a time and see it.
    I'm also running out of room to put games and apps on. And I have no option of putting them on a storage card. That blows. Can't have any widgets updating so I don't have to go into an app either. I can't do anything with home screens except move apps to another page.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:36 AM
    This is exactly what the OP is referring to. Goldie you clearly aren't a blackberry supporter...

Posted via CB10
    I have no choice. Work says I have to use it. And I can't get it to be like I need it to be. And after this long in the making for this to be released and the delays...it should be able to

But as the op says...it's a conspiracy.
    Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Plugged into a TV or monitor? If you have a Z10, you would know that it has HDMI capability.

And the video in Youtube you linked, with the Z10 I don't need to have both the Twitter and Facebook app opened because it constantly is updated through the Hub - just need to peek from my video and see. I don't need to have my video constantly running because if I'm working on FB or Twitter post, I'm not watching the video anyway - which is the reason why SG4 now has the new feature where the video stops when you look away from it (which really negates the purpose of what was shown for SG3 in that video). So in terms of practicality of what's shown in that Youtube demonstration on Android, there really is none.

And if you so dislike BB (which is quite obvious that you do since I haven't seen any balanced posts from you), why haven't you returned the phone...that is if you even have one.

Edit: okay, saw the previous post that your work requires you having BB...then use BB only for work and do your personal stuff on Android since you're an obvious fan of the platform. Why constantly post negative comments against those who actually like their BB devices? I don't go over to Android or iMore forums doing that. So why are you doing it here?
    03-27-13 12:41 AM
    Plugged into a TV or monitor? If you have a Z10, you would know that it has HDMI capability.

And the video in Youtube you linked, with the Z10 I don't need to have both the Twitter and Facebook app opened because it constantly is updated through the Hub - just need to peek from my video and see. I don't need to have my video constantly running because if I'm working on FB or Twitter post, I'm not watching the video anyway - which is the reason why SG4 now has the new feature where the video stops when you look away from it (which really negates the purpose of what was shown for SG3 in that video). So in terms of practicality of what's shown in that Youtube demonstration on Android, there really is none.

And if you so dislike BB (which is quite obvious that you do since I haven't seen any balanced posts from you), why haven't you returned the phone...that is if you even have one.
    He used Facebook and Twitter. Could have used browser, YouTube and Instagram. Point is..it can be done...as as the rabid Bb dude here already said...people leave videos playing so that they can just listen to the music.

As for me having one...no choice. Work mandated it.

Also known the BlackBerry can do hdmi
    It just can still only show me one task at once.

As for posting...i just see some people's distorted views and sometime have a compulsive urge to correct them m I've had to use it for a month now. I'm sure there will be more asking "where's the beef?" soon enough

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cool beans. But multitasking like that on the phone itself looks tedious. How many times did he move the video out of the way? It's just showing everything all at once. Nobody going to be doing that on the regular. Also to open up all those apps took some extra steps. Good example but not mind blowing to anyone here. Multitasking shouldn't be just about havimg everything in front of you at once squeezed into an already large screen. It should be about fluid transition from task to task and back again. That didn't look fluid. Oh and could you do us all a favor and say something relevent to the thread or go back to android central?
    Vorkosigan, Gatmyer and peter9477 like this.
    03-27-13 01:04 AM
    I have no choice. Work says I have to use it. And I can't get it to be like I need it to be. And after this long in the making for this to be released and the delays...it should be able to

But as the op says...it's a conspiracy.
    Posted via CB10
    That's great. Work says you have to use the device you can't screw around with. Poor baby. Stop whining. Android didn't start out all that great either. It didn't have such over developed competition to compete with and didn't have far to go to catch up to iOS in its infancy. BB restarted from scratch while shedding employees and have to catch up faster. I'd like to see you do better. Can't you just enjoy your android for what it has now and use your work phone for.... work? You seem to be looking for a fight anyway.
    03-27-13 01:17 AM
    Why constantly post negative comments against those who actually like their BB devices? I don't go over to Android or iMore forums doing that. So why are you doing it here?
    Maybe its part of the job... I'm kidding. Or maybe I'm not. He has been doing it nonstop on random threads. Like this one completely negating the OP. How rude...
    03-27-13 01:28 AM
99 123 ...