I've had a little 8GB media card in my 8330 for about a year and a half now. I gave me problems a month or so ago but I popped out the battery and the card. Put them both back in and no problems.

Tonight I went to send a picture in an email and a message popped up that the memory card was not formatted: "A media card has been inserted that has not been formatted." I think to myself I have to back that thing up when I get the chance. I did a battery and card pull and I'm still getting the same message. I tried plugging it into my computer but nothing shows up. Oh lovely Mac. I wish you and RIM got along. I put the card in the Micro SD converter bit and plugged it into my roommate's HP and it tells me I need to format it.

Woah is me. Have I lost all my phone pics from the past year and a half?
    01-07-10 10:23 PM
    its very possible. if your Berry and your Mac wont recognize it, I would try another device and another PC. If you can get it to show up on another PC, you could copy them and buy a new media card and reload them on there. if you reformat your card you will as you know, lose everything on it. Sorry and good luck
    01-07-10 10:28 PM
    Oh that sucks! When I got my device, I backed up all my data into the new card and put it in my Berry and it gave me an error but then it got fixed by itself. I hope you can back up your data onto another card.
    01-07-10 10:34 PM
    All would not be lost even if the card does not show data. There are recovery programs that can read "bad" cards and attempt to recover files. Just don't format the card until you have run out of options including looking for DATA RECOVERY programs for camera cards. Sandisk has one and there are others.

Good luck
    01-08-10 12:37 AM
    I agree with f2 there is recovery programs to recover data
    01-08-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD