Recently when I reboot my phone I got a message saying:

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."

Also I currently cannot see any of my pics, videos etc on my media card..I have no idea what this is and why its come up... recently i tried downloading a dictionary to my Media card so I'm thinking that could be a possible reason... but does anyone know how to solve this issue??
    Thanks.
    02-06-10 10:52 AM
    I think your first move would be to backup the contents of the card to your computer. Then format the card and restore the contents. You could try running chkdsk against the card while hooked up to USB.
    02-06-10 10:59 AM
    Or try backing up the card first. Then options>security>memory cleanup.

Both may be needed including computer chack and backup along with phone functions.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 11:04 AM
    that file might have corrupted your memory card. I'm not sure if you can back up your stuff. try plugging it to another computer and hopefully it will show your files. and then back up then format like F2 stated.
    02-06-10 11:05 AM
    Thanks.... but how do I back up the contents of my card to my computer? Do I do it using the Blackberry Desktop Manager? Also how do I format my card? I know these are probably very obvious to you guys but I don't have a clue!
    02-06-10 11:06 AM
    managed to fix it no need to reply to my previous post.... thanks fr the help
    02-06-10 12:11 PM
    For the benefit of others you may wish to post what you did to correct your problem.

TIA.
    02-06-10 10:04 PM
    Help - I have same error message re "media card has been inserted that contains errors ..." etc. How did you solve please?
    06-26-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD