Can nebody help me? I woke up this morning to a pre-loaded ringtone, when I go to my media and try to play a ringtone it says error. Then when I try to play a song and then a video it says error playing media for both. So I do a battery pull and when my phone turns back on it says there is an error on my media card. And now my phone it not even acknowledging that there is a media card inserted. When I try to download music it says please insert media card. But the media card IS in? If anybody can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
    01-13-09 12:37 PM
    have you tried to take the media card out that put it back in?
    01-13-09 12:49 PM
    If you have a card reader adapter, try using that to read it with a PC. Otherwise, I would suggest you format it.
    01-13-09 12:51 PM
    If you have a card reader adapter, try using that to read it with a PC. Otherwise, I would suggest you format it.
    I'm with SK on this one, it sounds like something is wrong with your card, they DO go bad sometimes, but hopefully a format can revive it. Also as SK said try to check it on a computer first if you can. Might just be that file is corrupted and if you remove it, it will be ok. But it really sounds like something is wrong with the card itself. Hopefully you have backups of anything on it just in case.
    01-13-09 01:04 PM
    Hey everbody, thanks for the advice. I did take it out and put it back in, that's when my phone stopped acknowledging that it was even inserted. And I don't know how to format the media card, it was saying there wasn't anything even on it when it was reading it?
    01-13-09 01:22 PM
    Options > Media Card > Menu > Format.
    01-13-09 01:27 PM
    Hey SK thanks, it worked. I lost everything on the card but my phone is reading it now.
    01-13-09 01:38 PM
    If it ever happens again try connecting to your PC through Mass Storage Mode and see if you can copy the data to your PC to prevent losing it. Sometimes the computer can read it when the phone cant...
    01-13-09 01:42 PM
    Hey james thanks. So can I save the stuff on my card to the computer for back-up in case this happens again because I think it will cuz its a cheap card.
    01-13-09 01:47 PM
    Yea absolutely you can. Just connect your phone to your computer and it should prompt about mass storage mode and select yes. If it doesn't go to Options -> Memory and make sure that the mass storage mode support is enabled and that the auto enable when connected isn't set to 'no'.
    01-13-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD