Hey guys, so I just got a new 32GB microsd card for my Torch, upgrading from a 4GB. I put it fresh into my phone, and synced my 13.8GB of music that I have via desktop manager. Once it was done, I looked at the breakdown of space at the bottom of the screen: 13.8GB was blue signifying that it was taken up by music. But there was another grey section occupying 11GB of my card simply labelled as "Used". Anyone know what this is or how i can free up some of that space? Like I said, it's a new memory card, so there shouldnt be anything else on it.

Thanks!
    05-05-11 03:10 AM
    how are u checking the usage??

my memory card (16 GB, 14.9 after format) shows 99% free @ 14.8GB (dark grey) and <1% used @63.9MB (light grey).

goto media > menu button > memory use

i show no blue breakdown, just those two colors. does this reflect the same usage where you checked?

if i go into detail and break it down more, im showing 31.2MB of those 63MB being "Other". i also dont know what that could be other than BerryWeather and BBM backup files.
    05-05-11 03:26 AM
    What I'm guessing he's talking about is the detailed memory usage screen for SD cards. You can see a screenshot from my Torch below (using an 8GB card).

I'd try reformatting the card (something I do with all new cards) and resyncing your content onto it. The "used" section usually refers to things that are not readable by your phone, and so it makes me think there is either a partition of some kind on the card taking up that space, or something.
    05-05-11 04:30 AM
    What I'm guessing he's talking about is the detailed memory usage screen for SD cards. You can see a screenshot from my Torch below (using an 8GB card).
    Click to view quoted image

I'd try reformatting the card (something I do with all new cards) and resyncing your content onto it. The "used" section usually refers to things that are not readable by your phone, and so it makes me think there is either a partition of some kind on the card taking up that space, or something.
    I can't seem to get to this screen anymore from my phone, it's really strange.
    10-06-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD