Someone told me that in the nyc publishing world, a very competitive industry, she got made fun of in the elevator for using her bold by a coworker. They're so cutthroat that they actually judge you based on your phone.

I know image is important in the corporate world but BlackBerry still says business to most people not "outdated."

If I were in an industry that makes such harsh judgments, I'd probably get the z30 although I am a keyboard fan with the Q10 now. That way you pull out your big touch device and confuse and enlighten people when they see it's a BlackBerry.
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    04-14-14 07:37 AM
    Those people are serious jerks. Screw what they think YOU have to use the phone and as long as YOU are happy with it who cares. Why use a phone YOU don't like to make THEM happy?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:12 AM
    And what do they use?

? Slicing using my ?
    04-14-14 08:13 AM
    Unfortunate, but I believe it. It also sounds like the behaviour expected from a group of kids in a high school cafeteria.
    04-14-14 08:13 AM
    Making fun of someone because of the phone they use? And these are meant to be grown ups......
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-14-14 08:26 AM
    I meet so many former BB users and I love showing them my Z30 and contradicting everything they have heard (going out of business, no apps, etc) and I get the "wish I would have known" every now and then. Frustrates me that the mobile store employees have no clue what BB phones can do. I have even taken over in a couple of stores to help out a customer asking questions about BB10 because the employee couldn't answer the questions.
    JesseBabe23 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    04-14-14 08:43 AM
    BlackBerry device lovers need to have a very pithy answer to critics: "I tried iPhone but I hate having to switch apps all the time to get to my emails and tweets and facebook and text messages." That's really what it's about for me, and I think it's exactly the problem with both iOS and Android that keeps happy BB users on BB devices.
    Cyanide971 and saxxman like this.
    04-14-14 08:43 AM
    I know it's absolutely pathetic

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:52 AM
    I have a z30 and most of my clients are either Android or IOS. When I tell them I use a BlackBerry, they give me a strange look and make some remark about them going under or how it's outdated.

That's until I demonstrate the the device and show them how easy it is using the Hub for my messaging and the notifications being displayed on the lock screen.

I also demo the swipe and gesturing concepts and the peek function. As I watch their jaws hut the floor as they look at their iPhone or Android device, all I say is " can your device do that"? End of story.

God its cool having my z30 and knowing that as much as they like to bash BlackBerry, I know they wish they had one.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    04-14-14 09:10 AM
    I have a friend who continues to h8 on my BB10 Instagram posts, i just throw facts back in her face haha. I do however notice a lot of people look at my Z30 while commuting, i take that time to show off how awesome and fast it is and then go back to watching my Netflix.
    04-14-14 09:15 AM
    I demonstrate the the device and show them how easy it is using the Hub for my messaging and the notifications being displayed on the lock screen.

I also demo the swipe and gesturing concepts and the peek function. As I watch their jaws hut the floor as they look at their iPhone or Android device, all I say is " can your device do that"? End of story.
    That exact thing happens with me.

From a Z30
    04-14-14 09:17 AM
    Back in February last year I was the only BlackBerry in the Factory I work for... now it's about 80% BlackBerryes between Z10, Q10 and Z30... And Z30 are now more than Z10...
    And I live in a country where BlackBerry isn't pushed by any Carrier... so all bought outright... !!!
    Once they see them... they wish them and they get them!!!
    04-14-14 09:53 AM
    Those people are serious jerks. Screw what they think YOU have to use the phone and as long as YOU are happy with it who cares. Why use a phone YOU don't like to make THEM happy?

Posted via CB10
    damn straight .... well said sir
    04-14-14 10:09 AM
    You use the word mean in you subject. The simple fact is many people are ignorant of OS10 and modern BlackBerry hardware. Most are at least slightly surprised by what they see. Some are completely floored! BBRY you need to advertise!
    Stephen Cooper likes this.
    04-14-14 10:11 AM
    I have some discussions on some forums regarding app compatibility here are some views of certain users:
    Messages are all addressed to me:

S**** Lee Apr 8, 2014
    +Serg S First, the Blackberry is not listed as a compatible device. Second, you need at least Android 2.3 to run Ingress; and lastly, the Blackberry is not a touchscreen phone, so I won't expect +Ingress to expand to Blackberries.

Another user replied to my query about contradictions in google regarding compatibility of apps:

C***** S*** Apr 8, 2014

Maybe get with 2014 and buy a modern smart phone...

So.... there are a lot of well cultivated people that thing Blackberry belongs to the VHS era...
    I replied that my BB z10 washes the floor any day with her's android... I wend a little overboard. i admit.

C***** S*** Apr 9, 2014

+Serg S washes the floor so well that it's operating system flags the ban hammer? In other news for those interested next week they're updating the app to run on VHS and BetaMax devices...

So.. bottom line is: People have forgotten about BBRY.
    04-14-14 10:27 AM
    The z30 is the best device. People who use iphones and androids simply have no idea how powerful and useful this device is. They just don't know. They laugh, they mock, and yet they don't have a clue......but isn't that so familiar in life?!

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and Cyanide971 like this.
    04-14-14 10:30 AM
    You use the word mean in you subject. The simple fact is many people are ignorant of OS10 and modern BlackBerry hardware. Most are at least slightly surprised by what they see. Some are completely floored! BBRY you need to advertise!
    It don't matter. Bullying someone or making them feel outside the circle based on the phone they use...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:34 AM
    Making fun of someone because of the phone they use? And these are meant to be grown ups......
    The only reason it is not selling is because people don't know and have a herd mentality. Blackberry has the fastest keyboard, the best camera and the best selection of apps. And who needs apps when you can do everything in a browser???

Blackberry is for the prosumer. It is those who do not have a blackberry that need to be made fun of.
    Is there an inconsistency here? I dunno...it seems like there's an inconsistency here.

...God its cool having my z30 and knowing that as much as they like to bash BlackBerry, I know they wish they had one.
    These are not Faberge Eggs...if someone really wished that could have a BlackBerry, there are ways they can satisfy that.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-14-14 01:47 PM
    Oddly enough in my circles of business which is corporate we don't have time for such superficial behavior, we accept and respect the security of BlackBerry and if one carries a different device that's their choice. All of the ones who would criticize are either ignorant or very infantile. Those individuals lack substance. What's the saying empty vessels?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:44 PM
    I usually get the remark that BlackBerry is in trouble. Which is true, both image wise and in terms of market share. But when I show what my Z10 can do, they r impressed. But I usually don't feel like having to justify why I choose a BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to step up marketing wise.

If they have an iPhone, I will point out what the iPhone is lacking such as HDMI, NFC, Miracast with the Z30, bluetooth, expandable memory, removable battery etc. Most of my friends don't really like their iPhones much but there are no BlackBerrys in stores for them to test and no carrier support if they r with T-Mobile.

I am hopeful that Chen will improve on BlackBerry 's image.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-14-14 10:11 PM
    Love it!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:09 PM
    My z30 with an otterbox case not only looks legit, elegant, but rugged. Would love anyone make fun of me carrying this baby around. If anything I make fun of people with iphones. I call them $500 Facebook bricks.

Posted via z30 sta 100-5
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 04-16-14 at 10:00 PM.
    04-16-14 02:27 PM