Just an observation.

I think the peak of the bitterness happened around half year before the release of BB10, that was when Playbook didn't pan out, BB10 got delayed so many times and the leaks of Z10 and Q10 was not out yet. After that when Z10 came out, it largely diluted the bitterness on CB forums, but still, it was pretty strong. It really tanked around the time of Z30 and Passport releases. After that there comes Leap, the news of no Z50, and the rising of bitterness again.

Whoever came up with this Android rumor/news and whatever the objectives were, it did make CB forums bitter again. Now it's not as bad as before BB10's release but the trend is, it's going to get there.

The timeline may be off but you know what I am talking about ....can't believe I have hanged around on these forums for so many years now
    08-01-15 07:44 PM
    Exactly! Back to negativity and wanting the ceo's head. Always comparing blackberry to apple..complaining about every phone they release. Whining about not catering to consumers when they stated they would market to enterprise.. constant whining.
    08-01-15 07:52 PM
    Another low point was about two years ago, when the "for sale" thing happened. That wasn't a rumor; it just didn't come to fruition. CB was pretty dark then.

The current situation is a bit more than a rumor too, due to Chen's evasive reply when asked directly about it. "If I can make Android secure I'll build it" is not even close to "we're sticking with BB10". That answer gave the rumor legs.

For those who dislike Android, it's not a fun time. CB has always been a jungle of opinions, and the beating heart of BlackBerry culture, if I can mix metaphors. But what has kept it alive has been excitement about the next devices. For many, that excitement has been replaced by apprehension, or outright dread.
    jas1978 and dylship like this.
    08-01-15 07:56 PM
    Yep people are realizing that Chen is destroying the reason they like BlackBerry, the hardware. And Enterprise software company is useless to people here. The only ones happy are the uber Canadian nationalist that just think BlackBerry existing in any fashion is a good thing. Chen even admitted in his latest fox news interview that if he offers something only for the professional and not the consumer then he has a problem, but that is exactly what he has been trying to do since day one. Chen has basically admitted his focus and strategy a have been wrong! Frustrating for fans for sure.

Posted via Z30
    donnation and crackberry_geek like this.
    08-01-15 08:50 PM
    The mood of CB forums is similar to that of WebOS forums during the last days of Palm before the company folded into HP and finally Palm/WebOS itself was killed.
    Donvald likes this.
    08-02-15 09:15 PM
    Cheer up guys...

Ship is still sailing, and the Zlider will come on board soon.
    :-D

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-02-15 11:36 PM
    Cheer up guys...

Ship is still sailing, and the Zlider will come on board soon.
    :-D

There's not enough booze even on the Lido deck of this ship to hide the fact that the water is getting closer and closer.

Posted via CB10
    trsbbs, ubizmo and Donvald like this.
    08-02-15 11:49 PM
    There's not enough booze even on the Lido deck of this ship to hide the fact that the water is getting closer and closer.

Posted via CB10
    "What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor...?"

Let's sober up and steer'er 'round to a safe harbor... :-)

(Yeah, a few fireworks and flying the right flags wouldn't hurt, some marketing!)

08-03-15 02:00 AM
    Full of negativity and repeating topics on bitter matters
    08-03-15 03:08 AM
    It's not what it use to be. Definitely a decline. Maybe they should look back a couple of years, just to refresh what a great site it was.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:09 AM
    It is going to get even worse if Blackberry stops making phones for the average consumer/fan! And, that would be understandable!
    08-03-15 06:17 AM