Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By _StephenBB81
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is it me or is Blackberry hostility on the rise?

Ok I've already seen the negative news and the press stuff related to rim. Its been going on for sometime so nothing new. However as I read different blogs and read comments on different tech sites. I've noticed now more than ever blackberry fans getting trashed or put down because they prefer the blackberry platform. I understand all os get trashed from time to time but you know things are getting bad when people put wp7 users ahead of BB users. It's even effecting me on a personal level. For example family and friends and associates putting me down for still be a blackberry fan. I never experienced anything like this. Maybe Im just imagining things but it sure feels that way. I come to the crackberry site to get my daily fix but the hostility is beginning to get to me. What the **** man! By the way I don't need a Blackberry hug just can someone tell me if it's is all in my head or just the perception.
    Love my blackberry...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

Hostility that first came from tech reviewers then has been reposted and moved down the channel certainly has come up.

I have had many people say they can't believe I use a BlackBerry still, though those people are people always that use their mobile phone as a txting tool, phone, and gameboy replacement, their lively hood does not depend on their mobile devices. those that still depend on it, still are using BlackBerry's for the most part.

it will pass, people mocked Apple users for years, they got cool, then uncool, now cool again,

don't let the hostility get to you, really you are not defined by the phone you chose to carry, and if those that judge you think they are, turn it back onto them.
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    27EE1588

nah, blackberry is awesome, the best in fact. people are just weird, i often wish i knew what it was like to be a person

go playbook or go home, lol. i got nothing here... i'm done

i saw a huge spider today, when we were setting up the hot air balloon, and i had an opportunity to take a live grasshopper and drop it into the spider web trap, but i felt bad and totally didn't do it. i didn't actually have my 9810 handy to capture a 720p video so i'm not sure why i'm telling this tale... oh well

don't let media lames get ya down about blackberry, i love blackberry - anyways, said i was done a while ago

one love, peace in the middle east - go blackberry!
    Last edited by buckwylder; 09-02-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

@deRussett Thanks for the reply. Your correct it will probably pass. it's just a tough period for Blackberry users. I can't wait for QNX to come to BB phones. I hope it acts as a repellent to the haters lol. @ Buck thanks for the reply....
    Love my blackberry...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts

It's fall. Actually disproves that the irrational haters don't go outside when the weather is nice.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > WebOS > iOS > Android > Symbian > Meego
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,318 Global Posts

It's kind of a funny idea, that there's this active "campaign of hostility" leg by bloggers and tech sites.

Of course there's no active campaign pushed by malevolent forces. I'll tell you why people are hating on BB-users though, it's really not that complicated.

It's the fanatical BB-zealots that give everybody a bad name, and **** everybody off.

You know who I'm talking about... The people that can't go a week without using the word "Rimpire" in a sentence or forum post.

It's the people who flash the RIM-batsignal the minute they see a review they percieve to be negative towards a RIM product, and then descend on the review in question with hundreds of whiny/outraged/absurd comments.

It's the people who get ridiculously defensive about RIM and RIM products, and feel they must respond to any criticism of the company with varying degrees of bad excuses and cliches off the internet.

If all BB-owners would do the mature thing, and shrug off a bad review or a barbed comment from somebody with: "Yeah, that's a common criticism, most of the reviews I've seen bring that up. However I still prefer a -insert model- because the -insert feature- is important to me, and I prefer the way that it's implemented in Blackberries." then you wouldn't see the level of annoyance with BB-users reach the current proportions, leading to BB-hostility...

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I haven't had any hostility at all come on to me either online or offline. So it won't be bothering or getting to me at all. some are plain jealous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

Who gives a rats a$$ what others think about the device you use. Get the device that you prefer and the one that makes your life easier...and for crying out loud "get a set"!

CrackBerry User

there is no hostility in asia. bb is still a status symbol of an executive. we dont care if the product is not american. i think the hostility is confined to the usa and because rim is not a american company.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

Most people are way behind the curve when it comes to anything. For example, we all know BlackBerry is the best (for all the reasons stated over and over on this site), and even if you don't agree, assume for the sake of this example that it is. Now, tell a bunch of simpletons who get lead around by the nose day after day by the media this and show them how BlackBerry is, for example, most secure, and you get this:

1. Utter disbelief ("No way! You're crazy! Hey, he's still using a BlackBerry!"

... followed by

2. Ridicule ("What an *****! Get him a tinfoil hat!")

... until they eventually come full circle and you get

3. "Hey, guess what I just saw on the news?!? A million people's personal information just got stolen through rogue applications! Yea, that's why governments and executives use BlackBerry. It's the most secure."

And this last one they tell you with an an air of "We told you so!" as if they were the ones who were telling you this all along (acceptance/the "We told you so!" phenomenon). When it comes to smartphones, most people are still in the later phases of #2.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Download an android keyboard app and read the warnings that come with it regarding the potential ability to track your keystrokes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I will slap anyone that laughs at me for owning a blackberry.

Actually it seems to me that sentiment has warmed a bit the last few weeks. RIM has been getting some positive press for a change, and the OS7 phones seem to be getting well-received. I read an article in Computer World this morning that cites a Nielsen survey showing a higher-than-average interest in new BB's by early-adopters. RIM's stock price is even reflecting an improved perception from the investors' perspective (not that i have any confidence in what they think). But overall, things are looking up.

Global Posts
    5,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

psh. im glad they mock me. i troll on them anyways.

its called jealousy.
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    20,316 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

I've been using Blackberries since they were the cool up an coming tech, through the glory days, through the slump, and I continue using it. I simply like it better than anything else I've laid my hands on.
    Android has hit it out of the ballpark, but I've tried it and I don't like it. iOS is *the* platform that owns the space but it doesn't satisfy my needs better than a BB.
    With OS7 on my Torch I feel absolutely no need for a companion device. I could not care one flying fig about what anyone thinks or what a blog says. I use what works for me. Since '04 for work and since '08 for personal, that's been a BB.
    Not giving it up for the tech du jour.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vel4769 View Post
    ... you know things are getting bad when people put wp7 users ahead of BB users.
    Is that "bad" because wp7 users are a secondary class of cell phone user?

Why so hostile against wp7 users?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saylor01 View Post
    Download an android keyboard app and read the warnings that come with it regarding the potential ability to track your keystrokes.
    Rofl, that's how keyboards function better, by learning how you type, this is no different than spellcheck

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,335 Global Posts

I think what happened is RIM launched so many failed devices and was not keeping up with technology that BB lovers were mad they had to leave for a better device. I just returned for the bold 9930 from android and as long as they keep up with the technology my next device will be a BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ESN View Post
    I think what happened is RIM launched so many failed devices and was not keeping up with technology that BB lovers were mad they had to leave for a better device. I just returned for the bold 9930 from android and as long as they keep up with the technology my next device will be a BB.

I'll second that, let me know when they start keeping up
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vel4769 View Post
    Ok I've already seen the negative news and the press stuff related to rim. Its been going on for sometime so nothing new. However as I read different blogs and read comments on different tech sites. I've noticed now more than ever blackberry fans getting trashed or put down because they prefer the blackberry platform. I understand all os get trashed from time to time but you know things are getting bad when people put wp7 users ahead of BB users. It's even effecting me on a personal level. For example family and friends and associates putting me down for still be a blackberry fan. I never experienced anything like this. Maybe Im just imagining things but it sure feels that way. I come to the crackberry site to get my daily fix but the hostility is beginning to get to me. What the **** man! By the way I don't need a Blackberry hug just can someone tell me if it's is all in my head or just the perception.
    Don't make their problem your problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    Rofl, that's how keyboards function better, by learning how you type, this is no different than spellcheck

She's back with the Rim bashing!

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci33 View Post
    She's back with the Rim bashing!

Hit that button if you have to.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

I want to thank everyone for the replies. I'm happy with my BB and I'm not ashamed. I'm not a BB zealot that gets defensive when people point out the weaknesses in the BB or the mistakes RIM has made. Just a bit tired of the constant barrage of people talking crap and everywhere I turn its something negative. With the exception of palm, I don't remember a mobile platform taking so much heat. I'm here for the long haul so the **** with it. It's not like I'm going to go postal and take out some android and apple fan boys.
    Love my blackberry...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,120 Global Posts

People who know me know that I'm pretty advanced with smartphones and have had them all, so when I go back to bb after a year+ on iphone and android, and can't stop raving about the 9930, they don't mock; they want to see more of the device.

CrackBerry Abuser

I didn't get a BlackBerry to 'keep up with the Joneses', or to have the latest and greatest, or as a status symbol so I could care less what someone thinks of me and my Curve. I actually got a BB on recommendation from mom (who has a Torch) and I like it. So who cares if it works for you ignore them