So I used the search function and read every suggested thread that cb told me (very cool functionality btw) and couldn't find my answer. It is a pretty straight forward question. I didn't upgrade my OS recently, but I now have an icon labeled MDS Control Center. I am on BES and I think I know what it does, but my question is, did my IT (BES admin) send it to my device or did I pick it up somewhere? VZW service books or something. Thanks.
    01-28-10 04:03 PM
    BlackBerry� Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS) v4.1 is an optimized application development framework for the BlackBerry� Enterprise Solution. It can dramatically reduce the amount of time and resources required to develop and deploy wireless applications for mobile workers. BlackBerry MDS allows organizations to deliver corporate data wirelessly, leveraging the same proven push delivery model and advanced security features used for BlackBerry email.
    Odds are good it was installed for you by IT. It gives you advanced functionality and the keys to the Enterprise Intranet.
    01-28-10 04:10 PM
    Thanks.
    So I wonder, do I try to use it some how or wait for them to communicate to me? Or is it another way to monitor usage / and deploy "stuff" to my device? I've tried to use the search functionality to return some results, but everything I try tells me "no results found"
    01-29-10 08:13 AM
    The way I understand MDS, it provides the background tools to allow applications secure communications with the Corporate resources.

Other then that, we need input from somebody with BES administrative experience.
    01-29-10 09:40 AM
    Yea, I think so, espcially since now it says "An internal application error has occurred." when I try to do a search... maybe somone will chime in
    01-29-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD