My question is this. How do I tell if the wifi is being used or not at any given time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 04:29 AM
    I don;t think that you can tell specifically which app is using WiFi at any given time but you can see the WiFi AP name beside the carrier name when WiFi is connected.

You can force WiFi by switching off the GSM radio in Manage Connections. This will have the effect of causing an non-WiFi compatible apps to fail to connect which should give you a pretty good idea of what is going one.

I have not seen an app that monitors network activity by outgoing channel. That would be nice to have, I think.
    06-03-10 04:38 AM
    I don;t think that you can tell specifically which app is using WiFi at any given time but you can see the WiFi AP name beside the carrier name when WiFi is connected.

You can force WiFi by switching off the GSM radio in Manage Connections. This will have the effect of causing an non-WiFi compatible apps to fail to connect which should give you a pretty good idea of what is going one.

I have not seen an app that monitors network activity by outgoing channel. That would be nice to have, I think.
    Thanks Pete. Sounds reasonable.

06-03-10 05:37 AM
    Thanks Pete. Sounds reasonable.

I just noticed one thing which helps as well. With wifi on and radio off, the green LED light does not flash.

06-03-10 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD