It seems like everyone is having issues with Google Maps not using the GPS on their 8530's (even Sprint users). I see a lot of threads about it but not a whole lot of substantive conversation. Does anyone know if this is a Google problem that will only be fixed in a software update or has anyone gotten their 8530 GPS to play nice with Google Maps.

(I ask not because I need a mapping/GPS program but because I have Google Latitude installed and would like to use it in a useful way, and cell towers really don't allow that).
    03-29-10 02:35 PM
    I'm Alltel and I have the same problem. And have read many other posts describing this as well.

I do believe it must be on Google's end. The thing is, Bing can access the phone's GPS so why can't Google Maps? Hopefully they can fix this with an update soon.
    03-29-10 02:45 PM
    From what I've heard its a google problem. Makes sense since other apps don't really have an issue.

Who knows when google will update GMM though, they are pretty slow about it. They basically do it whenever they want and they tend to do multiple platforms at once, which means a really, really long wait most of the time.
    03-29-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD