I have been playing with a 64GB iPhone touch and played with a iphone the other day. No question for multimedia these blast my BB Curve 3G. However I dont like the touch screen, the size, the email interface, and the lack of a Sprint TeleNav app (well it costs money for iPhone). I am thinking about NOT moving to the iPhone 4S in March when my upgrade is due. So tell me if I do decide to go with the new Curve or the BB Bold for Sprint will my existing apps transfer over? I use Google Maps, BB maps, Super pages, Poynt, and Sprint TeleNav all the time.

I wish that my Podcasts would sync over, my movies, TV shows, and such. However I have a iPod Nano 5th generation which can house these.

Thanks..

John
    02-01-12 11:32 AM
    I'd go Bold or Torch if I was in the market for a new BB, personally.
    02-01-12 11:36 AM
    I'd go Bold or Torch if I was in the market for a new BB, personally.
    Do these have keyboards? iPhone is a better touch screen and multimedia device than the BB. I'd prefer the BB because of the keyboard.
    02-01-12 11:39 AM
    The bold has a keyboard, better specs than a curve also. The cdma torch does not have a physical keyboard.
    02-01-12 11:42 AM
    Go Bold based on what you stated.
    02-01-12 12:07 PM
    I think that if you will go with the Blackberry Bold 9900 (9930 on sprint) you will enjoy it... it's included with a very nice keyboard and it also has a touchscreen.
    02-01-12 12:39 PM
    I upgraded to a Torch 9850. You should be able to transfer all of your apps as long as they're compatible with OS7. I had a Curve also btw. Once you sign into app world, you should see all your apps.
    02-01-12 12:52 PM
    9900, Best keyboard hands down!
    02-01-12 02:11 PM
    I looked at both devices the other day, SprintNav has an install icon, just click to download. I believe all the apps listed are available for both BlackBerrys you are naming.

The 9930 stomps the guts out of the older Curve models, and the touch interface is pretty nice. The new Curve isn't bad, but still falls well short of the Bold.

Another item, I'm hearing/reading about the new Curve having heat problems with the battery. Plus, replacement/spares for the Bold are less than � of what the one for Curve costs, and in a couple of places on amazon, you can get 3 J-M1s for the price of 1 E-M1.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-01-12 at 02:51 PM.
    02-01-12 02:47 PM
    I looked at both devices the other day, SprintNav has an install icon, just click to download. I believe all the apps listed are available for both BlackBerrys you are naming.

The 9930 stomps the guts out of the older Curve models, and the touch interface is pretty nice. The new Curve isn't bad, but still falls well short of the Bold.

Another item, I'm hearing/reading about the new Curve having heat problems with the battery. Plus, replacement/spares for the Bold are less than � of what the one for Curve costs, and in a couple of places on amazon, you can get 3 J-M1s for the price of 1 E-M1.
    I hope its fast because the iPhone blasts the Curve 3G in loading websites and maps.
    02-01-12 07:19 PM
    There's no comparison between the curve 3g and the new Bolds or other os7 devices so of course the iphone is going to blow it away. The newer BB's give it a good run though.
    02-02-12 12:15 AM
    I hope its fast because the iPhone blasts the Curve 3G in loading websites and maps.

Of course it does. You are comparing RIMs low end device with a top of the line device. The curve has underpowered hardware. The new Bold has a fast processor and adequate memory. It is fast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 12:44 AM
    Here is a YouTube vid comparing the iphone 4 & BB Bold 9900

Also the Bold has NFC & the iPhones don't...not a big issue right now, but NFC is growing rapidly & will probably be something you will want to use B4 you need to buy a new phone.
    02-02-12 01:17 AM
    I have been playing with a 64GB iPhone touch and played with a iphone the other day. No question for multimedia these blast my BB Curve 3G. However I dont like the touch screen, the size, the email interface, and the lack of a Sprint TeleNav app (well it costs money for iPhone). I am thinking about NOT moving to the iPhone 4S in March when my upgrade is due. So tell me if I do decide to go with the new Curve or the BB Bold for Sprint will my existing apps transfer over? I use Google Maps, BB maps, Super pages, Poynt, and Sprint TeleNav all the time.

I wish that my Podcasts would sync over, my movies, TV shows, and such. However I have a iPod Nano 5th generation which can house these.

Thanks..

John
    I have an iphone. I hate it because of itunes. To put any thing on your iphone you need itunes. With a Blackberry, you can drop or drag videos, photos, musics, docs etc onto the blackberry once it is connected to your PC.

As far as Blackberries go, the curve is pretty weak. I prefer the Bold 9900 or Torch 9810.
    02-02-12 02:27 AM
    I have an iphone. I hate it because of itunes. To put any thing on your iphone you need itunes. With a Blackberry, you can drop or drag videos, photos, musics, docs etc onto the blackberry once it is connected to your PC.

As far as Blackberries go, the curve is pretty weak. I prefer the Bold 9900 or Torch 9810.
    Your info is out of date. You don't need iTunes anymore.
    02-02-12 07:25 AM
    iPhone supports drag and drop now?
    02-02-12 07:29 AM
    Here is a YouTube vid comparing the iphone 4 & BB Bold 9900

Also the Bold has NFC & the iPhones don't...not a big issue right now, but NFC is growing rapidly & will probably be something you will want to use B4 you need to buy a new phone.
    This is a much better comparison

02-02-12 08:08 AM
    I am not interested in jail breaking my iphone or using a 3rd party conduit program.

On the Blackberry, it is drop and drag. That's my preferred sync method. Drop and drag. Easy, simple and fast. I roll like this on my Android too. Drop and drag baby!!!
    02-02-12 02:52 PM
    I am not interested in jail breaking my iphone or using a 3rd party conduit program.

On the Blackberry, it is drop and drag. That's my preferred sync method. Drop and drag. Easy, simple and fast. I roll like this on my Android too. Drop and drag baby!!!
    You don't have to jailbreak. It is standard now. I don't remember the last time I hooked my phone to a computer.
    02-03-12 07:29 AM
    You don't have to jailbreak. It is standard now. I don't remember the last time I hooked my phone to a computer.
    Can you please tell me how I can drop and drag music onto my iphone without itunes or using iCloud. To be clear, I want to drop and drag ripped music onto my iphone without itunes or the iCloud.

Thanks.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 02-03-12 at 11:29 AM.
    02-03-12 11:24 AM
    Can you please tell me how I can drop and drag music onto my iphone without itunes or using iCloud. To be clear, I want to drop and drag ripped music onto my iphone without itunes or the iCloud.

Thanks.
    I focused on you saying that you had to use iTunes, sorry. You can use several free utilities like disk aid, copytransmanager,etc. You could also try MediaMonkey as an alternative to iTunes or even DoubleTwist. Frankly, Android makes this easy like BB if not easier.

I personally hate dragging and dropping. I have more than a 100gb of music and many playlists. It is an inefficient and tedious way for me to manage music or files. I only use iTunes for music sync over wifi and use iCloud or Dropbox, Sugarsync, etc for other files. iTunes is not that bad but I also like MediaMonkey.
    02-03-12 05:40 PM
    I focused on you saying that you had to use iTunes, sorry. You can use several free utilities like disk aid, copytransmanager,etc. You could also try MediaMonkey as an alternative to iTunes or even DoubleTwist. Frankly, Android makes this easy like BB if not easier.

I personally hate dragging and dropping. I have more than a 100gb of music and many playlists. It is an inefficient and tedious way for me to manage music or files. I only use iTunes for music sync over wifi and use iCloud or Dropbox, Sugarsync, etc for other files. iTunes is not that bad but I also like MediaMonkey.
    Thank you!
    02-03-12 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD