Read all the posts talking about how media sites bash rim constantly, yahoo,bgr, and numerous others. There are many posts about readers seeing this. I am not the only one I am just stating what others are, so before you label me as discriminating anyone get your facts straight. I do not deserve to come on here and be called that by someone who was coming on here complaining about a release date. Again this is just another negative post to fish people in and it worked cause I am wasting my time here going back and forth with you.

BB10 will be great, rim is now being innovative and we as fans of this company are soon to have the newest latest os out there, how cool is that? Thanks for your views.
    With no backup for your caims, you just look ignorant, and you lumped me in with a random group so yes you are discriminating, and no, the MASS media has not been bashing RIM constantly. You guys are expanding it way to much. RIM may have dropped off the map, but when you go to the store and see the same phones with barely any advertisements, that;s why RIM is falling not because a bunch of lol website (with Yahoo MAYBE being able to get to more people.) are bashing RIM. Otherwise Nokia and HTC, and Sony would have already been gone.

Again point flew completely over your head.
    01-05-13 02:31 PM
    Your fears are short-sighted. Besides renewals, the market is also expanding. BB10 isn't the only new OS coming to the smartphone game and there are sure to be some shake ups and changes for the existing companies as well. Intel, linux, Lenovo, etc. Every day there's a new angle to the market.

It's still too early to be considered "late".

Global smartphone shipments will jump 27 percent to 875 million shipments this year, slowing from last year's torrid 41 percent pace as growth eased in many key markets such as North America, China, the developed economies of Asia, and Western Europe,
    Samsung to Widen Smartphone Gap With Apple This Year: Report
    You are clearly so out of touch about everything, I wouldn't even know where to begin debating you.
    People say that alot when they have nothing to show for it then try to insult people because lol at different thoughts on the same thing.
    Yes. everyones contract ended December 2012. Everyone got a galaxy s3 or iphone, and now we have to wait until December 2014 until the cycle begins again. ITS TOO LATE FOR RIM! Mobile phone outlets and kiosks will be converted into muffin stands in the mean time for your convenience during the wait.
    Those reading skills. I am assuming you are one of the members trained to attack someone just randomnly because I don't have BB posters on my wall with Diamond made frames?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-05-13 02:33 PM
    The issue though is when I called about it, verizon customer service (which is like beaing stabbed by daggers) stated:

"Lol so like, we have this thing where whenever someone at a store when talking about your account, or the Phone, talks with you, each is recorded about what they advised to you. It says here that the last person who advised you told you that it was a contract plan"

then when i stated that was crap and asked here to tell me what the people BEFORE that person advised me, since you know, they have to record it down each time for HQ, she backpeddled and said:

"Well we can't help you over the phone you have to go to a store."

Telling her clealry again for the 5th time I was already at the store.

Then she says "Well, you were told that you were on a contract and not a prepaid plan."

Then I say that so I was lied to? then she says:"I am not saying that anyone was lying."

then I said was I misinformed, she hesitated and said "I have it right here that you were advised multiple times"

Yeah advised multiple times, when she only mentioned one person, who lied and wrote something else down, and when i asked for a supervisor, she said hold on, and when we got to the above part of the conversation she said she was in charge. lol. Then it went back in a circle and I told her how useless her life might be and she got mad and I hung up.

And here I am,
    So let me get this straight you're pissed off with RIM's global timing of THEIR product launch cause YOU feel Verizon screwed and locked you into a new contract because again YOU fail to read the fine print on your Verizon contract. Sounds like the only person you have here to blame is YOURSELF. Most other people are smart enough to understand what they're agreeing to so.. "It may be to late for me (and others) to get BB10. RIM's bad timing." may only apply to you and a few others. Everyone else is usually capable of negotiating a new contract if they're under one or waiting after the contract is over to get the phone they most desire at anytime...

Bottomline: Initially, make sure you communicate exactly what you want and finally ask the carrier to fully walk through the paperwork before you agree. Essentially, make sure you read and fully understand what you're getting yourself into BEFORE you sign and ask many questions before you commit the ink. This goes for all contracts .. not just for phones
    axeman1000, Lehomer and lnichols like this.
    01-05-13 02:59 PM
    bitter post...I mean pill
    01-05-13 03:16 PM
    [QUOTE=Ratchet clank;7827020]With no backup for your caims, you just look ignorant, and you lumped me in with a random group so yes you are discriminating, and no, the MASS media has not been bashing RIM constantly. You guys are expanding it way to much. RIM may have dropped off the map, but when you go to the store and see the same phones with barely any advertisements, that;s why RIM is falling not because a bunch of lol website (with Yahoo MAYBE being able to get to more people.) are bashing RIM. Otherwise Nokia and HTC, and Sony would have already been gone.

Again point flew completely over your head.[/QUOTE

Wow the quote "can't fix stupid " is so true here. Your a waste of time. And however you perceive the stupid comment let me lay it out for you since your going over heads comment is old. It is was stupid to come on here and make your post, it was stupid to think stating rims bad timing was not a shot at the company and it is stupid to make a remark about having no claims about media bashing. I don't have to provide jack squat about anything to you, if you read ALL posts that are on here daily you would see for yourself, instead you come on and complain and we told you the contract issue was your own fault. As a consumer if you buy into anything you should ALWAYS know the ins and outs. So have a nice life,good luck with your tricked into contract, and see ya later. I will definitely avoid any post from you in the future.
    01-05-13 03:31 PM
    man, why is this thread still going?

the phone is being released in Feb, whether you like it or not. Or whether you think BlackBerry 10 will fail or not.

If BB10 is as great as BlackBerry makes you believe, then it will do great.

deal with it. move on.
    01-05-13 04:13 PM
    Australian costs stagger me. The roaming charges my colleagues get hit with when they come to the UK are multiples of what I pay when I go over there. In some instances my data roaming costs in Australia are less than theirs domestically. I feel that you're being taken for a ride, how come the government haven't taken action?
    They are starting to now. There are ways around these high charges, but you have to really know the system to avoid them. Most people don't know.
    Banco likes this.
    01-05-13 04:22 PM
    First, I definitely do not think it is too lat for RIM. Would they have benefited by an earlier release? Perhaps. But there are still opportunities in the market for 10 to make good impact.

Second, for guys like me whom rely on Berry for business productivity and moderate social communication, it will be interesting to see how we react to 10 when we upgrade. I am still on os6 with my 9780 and truly appreciate it. I have six months experience with Android and about the same with iPhone and I appreciated those platforms, but returned to Berry recently for productivity sake. I suspect that 10 will be the missing link for me, where I will appreciate 10 for what it brings to the table with an upgraded smartphone flair, while retaining some of the core BlackBerry elegance that made me a fan to begin with.
    01-05-13 05:05 PM
    RIM should wait til the next holiday season in 2013
    01-05-13 05:06 PM
    RIM should wait til the next holiday season in 2013
    You're kidding right?
    01-05-13 05:08 PM
    sniff sniff....yep i smell a troll on the loose.
    blusls and jakie55 like this.
    01-05-13 05:17 PM
    No, you are blind to see it was a bad move and they did something just like this before and they started dropping lower and lower but let's ignore that and pretend everything is rainbows. - With different hands at the helm.

Apple was dying because of the lack of Macs selling and brand awareness at that point not because of phones (lol.) - Different product same situation.

They are doing something they did before and those phones barely sold at all so now I am speculating and am blind? Maybe those eye patches over your eye need to be removed, all you see is black. This sentence makes no sense... here we go again. Slow down your typing you keep missing words.

You also don't have to be a jacka$$.
    I AM ONLY A JACKA$$ IF A JACKA$$ STARTS A POST AND SPEWS GARBAGE. NEXT TIME REFRAIN FROM THE NAME CALLING. Be a big boy and be respectful to others.
    Last edited by blusls; 01-05-13 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I want my sentences to be complete.
    01-05-13 08:25 PM
    Can someone slap this thread, please ?
    Call the troll police
    Banco, blusls and jakie55 like this.
    01-05-13 09:20 PM
    yes RIM should wait for Iphone 10, then at least the fight will be fair to Apple as well, obviously version 10 is twice as good as version 5.....we are running out of
    real topics to talk about i guess.......
    01-05-13 09:39 PM
    Wow...this thread became a mess quickly...OP, what it comes down to is that peoples contracts expire at all different times...mine expires in March of this year so I got lucky in timing for bb10. However if it weren't to expire and I wanted the phone I would have to either terminate my contract early, buy the phone outright or wait till my contract expires to get an upgrade price. Phones are released every month. We as educated consumers have to figure out how to juggle what we want and when. It is a necessary evil in the tech world.
    Last edited by wafa510; 01-06-13 at 05:43 AM.
    Superfly_FR and blusls like this.
    01-05-13 10:09 PM
117 ... 345