Okay, I finally got around to downloading MaxMem. I know, it took me long enuf, but I have some questions on what exactly I can delete. I already took off the voice dialing (who needs that anyway) and all the foreign languages. I want to take off most of the preloaded ringtones... Can I delete them but leave a few on? It also tells me it can remove all the default themes except the Zen theme. I am currently using a today theme that I downloaded from Themes4BB. If I remove the default themes will I still be able to use the theme I currently have? What else can I take off of here without doing any damage? Thanks in advance my friends.....
    02-21-09 11:23 PM
    I dont use the program but if you remove today then no today theme will work.... I deleted all mine but Today and Zen since that is all I use.
    02-21-09 11:26 PM
    Check out this thread dealing with increasing memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ncrease+memory
    02-21-09 11:27 PM
    Check out this thread dealing with increasing memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ncrease+memory
    Thats where I got the link to get MaxMem.. Question still pending is can I delete those preloaded ringtones. If so do I have to delete all of them or can I leave a few?
    02-21-09 11:34 PM
    Nope! Dont touch the preloaded tones, this taken from another post I saw...

I had discussed this with Reed awhile ago, some of the preloaded ringtones are apart of the OS and removing these could cause runnability issues, plus the ringtones are not that big in size...
    02-21-09 11:40 PM
    Thank you! I freed up a bunch of memory though! The pre-loaded tones are still on there. I tried to take the BES application off but it wouldn't let me... just kinda did nothing.
    02-22-09 12:02 AM
    No problem. I did the same with mine and it runs fine. I had no choice the 8310 is slower out of the box so Reeds tips are invaluable as well as general housecleaning......
    02-22-09 12:04 AM
    Got the housecleaning down pat. Wish my house was as clean as my Berry! Thanx for coming to my rescue once again Tre!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 12:16 AM
    Okay, I finally got around to downloading MaxMem. I know, it took me long enuf, but I have some questions on what exactly I can delete. I already took off the voice dialing (who needs that anyway) and all the foreign languages. I want to take off most of the preloaded ringtones... Can I delete them but leave a few on? It also tells me it can remove all the default themes except the Zen theme. I am currently using a today theme that I downloaded from Themes4BB. If I remove the default themes will I still be able to use the theme I currently have? What else can I take off of here without doing any damage? Thanks in advance my friends.....
    I dont know anyone that still uses Maxmem. It will replace the items you removed everytime you sync your BlackBerry; thats why CrackMem was created. Whatever CrackMem removes will stay gone until you upgrade your OS again.
    02-22-09 12:31 AM
    Ahhh.... Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD