Hey,
    I've got an unlimited data plan for my blackberry curve on MTS and I'm trying to find out a couple of things.

1. Is there a hidden cap on unlimited data plans on an MTS network, if so what?
    2. Whats the best way to use a lot of bandwidth for my curve? Lots of links welcomed.
    10-12-09 11:25 PM
    Well, I like to listen to music on my phone while I am at work. I use Pandora, which lets you give examples of what you like, then streams you music similar to what you had selected. Before installing Pandora, I called my cell-phone company (Verizon) and made sure that I wasn't going to incur a hefty bill. They told me that, as long as the data was being used on the phone itself, rather than the phone being used as a modem, streaming audio was fine under my unlimited data plan. Using the phone as a modem, on the other hand, would require that I get an add-on to my plan, increasing my bill by $15 per month, if I recall correctly.
    10-12-09 11:33 PM
    Most carriers have a cap on even unlimited data plans. For most
    US carriers (VZW, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc) that cap is 5gb.

Exceed that and I believe the normal charge is $0.05 per mb.
    10-12-09 11:39 PM
    Or they might just charge you $.xx/mb over your allotted data and you'll end up with a huge bill.

Read the fine print that came with your contract before you try any "testing"
    10-12-09 11:41 PM
    yea theres usually a glass ceiling of around 5GB on unlimited plans. but in all honesty, i use my phone data heavily and only accumulate like 50MB on average for the whole month. i cant imagine coming anywhere near 5GB unless my BB data plan was my only source of internet at home and i tethered it.

people who have maxed it out at 5GB started getting letters from the carrier about the extreme usage - a written warning basically.
    10-13-09 01:00 AM
    I have tmobile and I tether mine. There is no cap on mine and I don't get charged any extra. I download all kinds of stuff do to the fact that I'm taking game and sim design at devry and have to get all the programs from them. It was in the agreement that I buy this phone for that purpose and it be covered under the unlimited plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 01:15 AM
    I have tmobile and I tether mine. There is no cap on mine and I don't get charged any extra. I download all kinds of stuff do to the fact that I'm taking game and sim design at devry and have to get all the programs from them. It was in the agreement that I buy this phone for that purpose and it be covered under the unlimited plan

well, whats the total GB you used last billing cycle. i bet you arent coming close to 5GB if they havent said anything to you.
    10-13-09 01:19 AM
    Tmobile unlimited is 10GB

10-13-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD