I just got max mem. And I am running it and it asks if i want to delete certain stuff. I deleted vad, and ptt, I never use those but now it asks if i want to delete mds, which is mobile data service which is only used on bes. Ok all greek to me. Will that effect my going on the web on my pearl? and also remove RIM internal t... says quincy. bug report, battery log etc. How will that effect my phone if I remove it?
    07-13-08 11:45 AM
    Your phone will be fine.

But MaxMem is an incomplete solution. Here is why:
    It will delete those things from your phone. If your OS
    is installed on your PC, whenever you use DM to install an
    app or a theme, everything you removed will come back.

Check this thread for more detailed info

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/max...cessary-49899/

This is currently the best way to remove unwanted things from your BB

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-13-08 11:50 AM
    AG is right, but somebody like myself who doesn't connect to DM much will greatly benefit from this program. Plus, if you do connect, it's easy to run max mem and uninstall those apps. I haven't had to pull my battery in a few days. I went from the average 12 mb free to now 17 mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 12:13 PM
    Mlevergood makes a very good point. Many BlackBerry users do not use a computer except for an occasional company mandated backup.

These are the users that benefit from the "on device" process. MaxMem does the job and then is the next thing to be deleted.

If you do use Applications Loader, particularly with CrackMem, you will have already addressed these issues and you will not need MaxMem.

We now have the ultimate tool, CrackMem.
    Last edited by Stoner; 07-13-08 at 04:08 PM.
    07-13-08 12:20 PM
    If you do not have any OSs installed on your PC then MaxMem is a very good phone only solution.

You can use DM to sync and Backup as much as you want.

It is only when you install a phone Operating System on your PC that you will have DM asking questions. Even then it will only take action if you try to install or uninstall an app whilst the OS remains installed.

The fix: Uninstall the OS whilst you install/uninstall.
    07-13-08 01:52 PM
    Ok so after removing all themes i try to add new ones they won't show under Theme,but they will under Applications.any suggestions?

07-14-08 02:55 PM
    Are you running a Beta OS?
    Is the theme designed specifically for your device and OS?

Either of those two could be the issue.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-14-08 at 03:01 PM.
    07-14-08 02:58 PM
    I am having this same issue. I downloaded a theme and I see the theme in my applications but not under themes. I am running OS 4.2 the same version that came with the phone. I haven't done any OS upgrades.
    07-23-08 07:41 AM
    I've used MaxMem a couple of times now to remove the FavFives icon and it's worked really well.
    01-04-10 09:14 PM
    Ive got a problem and I need some help. I have an 8900 that I upgrades th OS from 5.0.0.411 to 5.0.0.461 which went well. As in the past I used Maxmem to delete the locked photos and such but I inadvertantly removed the MDS (Mobile Data Service) used on BES. After accidently removing this, I still receive my work emails and calendar updates fine through BES but I can not reply to work emails or send new emails on the default mail. My BIS email works fine. After noticing this, I wiped the phone and downgraded back to .411 but the problem is still there. Is there a way to get the MDS files back so my BES email works correctly?
    02-14-10 03:52 PM
    Ive got a problem and I need some help. I have an 8900 that I upgrades th OS from 5.0.0.411 to 5.0.0.461 which went well. As in the past I used Maxmem to delete the locked photos and such but I inadvertantly removed the MDS (Mobile Data Service) used on BES. After accidently removing this, I still receive my work emails and calendar updates fine through BES but I can not reply to work emails or send new emails on the default mail. My BIS email works fine. After noticing this, I wiped the phone and downgraded back to .411 but the problem is still there. Is there a way to get the MDS files back so my BES email works correctly?
    Yes. You can do that by downloading and installing both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of your Device OS software.

Applications Loader will allow you to choose which non-core OS components to be installed.
    02-14-10 05:33 PM
    Yes. You can do that by downloading and installing both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of your Device OS software.

Applications Loader will allow you to choose which non-core OS components to be installed.
    Just for kicks I unistalled DM 4.7 and the .411 OS from my computer, then re-instaled DM 4.7 and OS .461 and deleted the vendor file. Now at this point to I just do a wipe on the Blackberry or with jlcomander? Or, just hook up to DM and upgrade from OS .411 to .461? Standing by for further direction....
    .....Upgraded to .461 via DM 4.7 after a full OS wipe with jl_cmder....Still have the same issue...
    Last edited by Shine4JC; 02-14-10 at 07:21 PM.
    02-14-10 05:58 PM
    Just for kicks I unistalled DM 4.7 and the .411 OS from my computer, then re-instaled DM 4.7 and OS .461 and deleted the vendor file. Now at this point to I just do a wipe on the Blackberry or with jlcomander? Or, just hook up to DM and upgrade from OS .411 to .461? Standing by for further direction....
    .....Upgraded to .461 via DM 4.7 after a full OS wipe with jl_cmder....Still have the same issue...
    Yes, that is normal. An upgrade preserves the state of your device.

Now that you have everything installed, run Applications Loader again and select MDS to install.
    02-14-10 07:45 PM
    Yes, that is normal. An upgrade preserves the state of your device.

Now that you have everything installed, run Applications Loader again and select MDS to install.
    Reed,
    It seems like I've looked everywhere for the MDS file but cant locate it, even with running a search for the file(s). Where would it be located? Thank you for your help too

Update:
    The MDS (Mobile Data Service) file can not be seen using the DM apploader or the Loader.exe located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader....or at.....C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\RemovedFiles.
    I wonder if it is named or coded as something I'm not recognizing????

Update:
    It was an issue on the BES and was fixed by my BES Admin. All is well
    Last edited by Shine4JC; 02-15-10 at 10:41 AM.
    02-14-10 07:55 PM
    By deleting ur default themes, 3rd party themes don't have a way to "format" itself to fit ur phone. DO NOT DELETE DEFAULT THEMES!!!!

02-18-10 04:42 PM
    so how do i put the default themes back after removing.

can't change themes
    07-04-13 04:43 PM
    so how do i put the default themes back after removing.

can't change themes
    Which device? Which OS?
    07-04-13 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD