Hey guys, I really need some unbiased opinions on this one and need a full scope of views. That's y I posted question here. I'm a current sprint customer and I love my 8830 and the sevice. My gripe with sprint is the lack of phones, no mms, and lack up updates. They have superior pricing though and thats a plus. I'm thinking about switching to tmobile and grab the new 8900 when it arrives on the 11th of feb. Now tmobile doesn't have the best selection of phones, but I could then use unlocked phones. tmobile's service here in Indiana is not bad but I have heard horror stories about it from others. So I guess my question is should I switch or stay with sprint. I'm a heavy data user and get around 50 emails a day over 3 accounts. Another thing to consider is the downfall of sprint, it just seems they make one mistake after another and might not be around much longer. I'm eligible for upgrade next month with sprint and could hold breath and wait on the pre and one of the bb's that are supposed to be heading sprint's way. PLEASE HELP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 05:35 PM
    Hey guys, I really need some unbiased opinions on this one and need a full scope of views. That's y I posted question here. I'm a current sprint customer and I love my 8830 and the sevice. My gripe with sprint is the lack of phones, no mms, and lack up updates. They have superior pricing though and thats a plus. I'm thinking about switching to tmobile and grab the new 8900 when it arrives on the 11th of feb. Now tmobile doesn't have the best selection of phones, but I could then use unlocked phones. tmobile's service here in Indiana is not bad but I have heard horror stories about it from others. So I guess my question is should I switch or stay with sprint. I'm a heavy data user and get around 50 emails a day over 3 accounts. Another thing to consider is the downfall of sprint, it just seems they make one mistake after another and might not be around much longer. I'm eligible for upgrade next month with sprint and could hold breath and wait on the pre and one of the bb's that are supposed to be heading sprint's way. PLEASE HELP

If I were you I'd start a thread about "service in X,Indiana." Exactly where you are and see peoples feedback on the type of service they get. The reason Sprint pratically gives things away now is because they're pretty much in the toilet. From what I know, T-Mobile isn't good where I am and I definetly hate talking on the phone with someone with T-Mobile.
    01-11-09 06:02 PM
    I'm in fort wayne and coworkers say their tmobile coverage is okay, not great though.

01-11-09 06:17 PM
    I'm in fort wayne and coworkers say their tmobile coverage is okay, not great though.

Or what about AT&T? Is that an option for you as well? Even though they don't have the 8900 but I think you'd be fine with the Bold.
    01-11-09 06:26 PM
    I'm a couple hours away from you here in Indiana and a TMO customer. I also am a huge data user and have never had any problems with that at all. Coverage has always been great as well. I tend to venture as much as 50 miles away from home as still have no issues with coverage! If you go to TMO's website, you can check their signal coverage map and see how good of service you can get down to your residence, work place etc.

01-11-09 06:35 PM
    I was in the same boat as you a while back. I had an 8830 and was jealous of all the new phones and wanted to switch carriers. I got a curve for Christmas and that solved it.
    I love my new phone and no longer wish to change for a different phone. The curve has more memory, a camera, is a little faster and more compact than the 8830.
    Sprint does have great data plans and their customer service is good. I heard they will be getting a Bold version in the next few months and MMS in January sometime.
    If it is a service issue in your area you should definitely go with the carrier that works best in your area. If it is because you want services the other carrier have just hold tight and see if this quarter brings better phones, MMS, and updates.
    01-11-09 06:43 PM
    Coverage really is not an issue for either carrier here, both are good. I guess the main reason I wanted to switch was because of the lack of phones sprint offers and on tmobile I would be able to use unlocked phones. Att is not an option because for the services I have now would be $30 more. I really want/need mms also. Sprint is wonderful but if they are going under soon like some seem to think, wouldn't it be smarter to jump ship now.

01-11-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD