Hi, I'm new to the BB (I have pearl 8110) and I had a couple of questions.

1. When I connect the phone to my computer I get a "Do you want mass media storage mode?" On or Off option. I always chose Off because that's what it was set to, but I am not sure if this is utilizing my 2G memory card or not. If I have a memory card, do I want to turn this on? When I am downloading ringtones etc. does it use my memory card automatically?

2. I went through the steps to get the East Asia languages on my phone. I think I did everything correctly (back-up 3rd party etc.) and I downloaded the CL wiper file also. But after downloading the wipe file and unzipping, I didn't go through the wipe steps I guess (because I couldn't find those steps until later). So I had skipped that step and then continued on oblivious, updating my OS version. Anyway, I tested my sending myself an e-mail in Korean and it worked; I could see the Korean. Eveything works fine and I can finally see the Korean, so what exactly did I do by NOT wiping? I did this yesterday and so far my phone works with no problems.

Sorry if these are dumb questions but would really appreciate any info/advice.

Thx!
    Last edited by puddin78; 05-15-09 at 11:43 AM.
    05-15-09 10:49 AM
    Hi, I'm new to the BB (I have pearl 8110) and I had a couple of questions.

1. When I connect the phone to my computer I get a "Do you want mass media storage mode?" On or Off option. I always chose Off because that's what it was set to, but I am not sure if this is utilizing my 2G memory card or not. If I have a memory card, do I want to turn this on? When I am downloading ringtones etc. does it use my memory card automatically?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but would really appreciate any info/advice.

Thx!
    Well if you want to be able to transfer the files from your media card to your bb and vice versa you should turn it on. First of all did you format the card before you put anything on it? If not I highly encourage you to do so. You can enable mass storage mode if you didn't, then transfer files to pc. Then go to options>media card>menu>format card. This way it is formatted. Now in order to see if your files are being saved to that card go to options>media card>media card support: on
    05-15-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";