Vodafone and EE don't sell a single BlackBerry in store.

Phones4u which is closing sells the only remaining legacy device.

Only carphone warehouse remains.

No one knows the new passport coming out. They're just told BlackBerry is dead. Lovely...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:33 PM
    welcome to the same thing that happened to America a few years ago.
    09-17-14 02:37 PM
    Do any of the carriers have corporate channels?
    09-17-14 02:43 PM
    Our local CPW has z10, z30, q5 and q10 on display. But when I was there to buy my son a new smartphone a couple of weeks ago the sales people only showed him android and WP.
    09-17-14 02:57 PM

Phones4u which is closing sells the only remaining legacy device.

Only carphone warehouse remains.

No one knows the new passport coming out. They're just told BlackBerry is dead. Lovely...

Posted via CB10
    And those proven hard facts come from where exactly? Bit vague innit?
    09-17-14 03:06 PM
    Nuts, only the Z10 and Q5 are sold here on line via Vodafone web

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-17-14 03:09 PM
    It's everywhere, not just in the UK

Even here in Canada, when I visit my carriers website (Telus) hey only list the Z30 as an available option.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:20 PM
    That's why I think the Passport and the Classic are going to be vitally important for BlackBerry. This could be their last chance to get BlackBerry phones back into the stores and the customers hands, hence, their last chance to turn around their handset business. If this is gonna fail, I'm not sure if we will see those devices for much longer.
    09-17-14 04:27 PM
    That's why I think the Passport and the Classic are going to be vitally important for BlackBerry. This could be their last chance to get BlackBerry phones back into the stores and the customers hands, hence, their last chance to turn around their handset business. If this is gonna fail, I'm not sure if we will see those devices for much longer.
    You know i'm from this mind set as well. Then I remember the Z10 was replaced back in February 2013 (Canada). That device is now a year and half. How do you expect carriers to hold older devices which didn't have such a high demand anyways.

So it could go your way, which makes sense and on the other hand it could go. A couple devices every couple years and deal with it that way....

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:31 PM
    Blackberry is becoming that Niche market that they mentioned. It comes down to X handsets sold each year to be viable. At the end of the day, that doesn't sound like someone who's putting that much focus on that one aspect of their long term goal.

Soon Blackberry will go round circle, to the days where only those in the know have them, the others will covet from a far in silence, despite possible vocal mockery.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:35 PM
    Blackberry is becoming that Niche market that they mentioned. It comes down to X handsets sold each year to be viable. At the end of the day, that doesn't sound like someone who's putting that much focus on that one aspect of their long term goal.

Soon Blackberry will go round circle, to the days where only those in the know have them, the others will covet from a far in silence, despite possible vocal mockery.

Posted via CB10
    Niche market is certainly an acceptable way to go. The problems arise when it's not even a niche anymore, and this could happen if sales figures continue their downwards trend. So, personally, I really do believe that the Passport and the Classic are extremely important to the Company.

Today, people have a lot of choice, and this includes business people, which is why a lot of them are happy with their iPhones. So BlackBerry really has to offer something attractive.

If the market is going to be too much of a niche, I bet they will completely exit the handset business soon. It just doesn't pay to invest money in R&D, maintenance, retail etc., just to make the last of the BlackBerry users happy.
    09-17-14 05:00 PM
    Niche market is certainly an acceptable way to go. The problems arise when it's not even a niche anymore, and this could happen if sales figures continue their downwards trend. So, personally, I really do believe that the Passport and the Classic are extremely important to the Company.

Today, people have a lot of choice, and this includes business people, which is why a lot of them are happy with their iPhones. So BlackBerry really has to offer something attractive.

If the market is going to be too much of a niche, I bet they will completely exit the handset business soon. It just doesn't pay to invest money in R&D, maintenance, retail etc., just to make the last of the BlackBerry users happy.
    You make an incredibly valid point. For once, i'd like to see things go off well for this release. For once, see positive reviews, doesn't have to be someone shouting from the roof tops. Just something, a nod, a pat on the back. Just something to help keep viable.

Posted via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    09-17-14 05:05 PM
    You make an incredibly valid point. For once, i'd like to see things go off well for this release. For once, see positive reviews, doesn't have to be someone shouting from the roof tops. Just something, a nod, a pat on the back. Just something to help keep viable.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. This is what we need. The Passport will get some attention for sure - it's a form factor that downright screams for it - but I hope it will be the good kind of attention.
    09-17-14 05:51 PM
    In Canada the big three carriers Telus, Bell, and Rogers carry the Z30 so far.

From my ? phone.
    09-17-14 07:02 PM
    Exactly. This is what we need. The Passport will get some attention for sure - it's a form factor that downright screams for it - but I hope it will be the good kind of attention.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. If this is BlackBerry's last roll of the dice then the passport is the worst device to bring out. However I think they will stay and at least release successors to the z10, z30 and q10. It is those devices that should determine BlackBerry's future

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-19-14 10:44 AM