Im sorry but responses like this irritate me. Exactly what is a professional?

The guy/gal in Starbucks working on a screenplay or the guy sitting in a cubicle somewhere waiting for 5pm.

It's this attitude that got BB exactly where they were before the Z10 became a possibility.

This disdain for anyone who doesn't wear a $10 tie and khaki pants will get you nowhere.
    Professionals are like myself. Someone with a job, family responsibilities and limited time. Or on the go, doing stuff that matters to them and needing to be mobile without complications, plumbers, electricians, steamfitters, cops, firemen, wall streeters, lawyers...etc professionals are people that have a profession. TH has stated BlackBerry will not be for everyone. They are not targeting hip or in fashion. Trying to fit it into that cube is the problem, they never got it, so why bother is now the attitude. They are BlackBerry and they are trying to make the BEST communication device (and not limited to voice/txt/BBM) and all the entails for 2013 and beyond.
    03-27-13 01:23 PM
    Professionals are like myself. Someone with a job, family responsibilities and limited time. Or on the go, doing stuff that matters to them and needing to be mobile without complications, plumbers, electricians, steamfitters, cops, firemen, wall streeters, lawyers...etc professionals are people that have a profession. TH has stated BlackBerry will not be for everyone. They are not targeting hip or in fashion. Trying to fit it into that cube is the problem, they never got it, so why bother is now the attitude. They are BlackBerry and they are trying to make the BEST communication device (and not limited to voice/txt/BBM) and all the entails for 2013 and beyond.
    Hmmm...

Let me see if I got this straight...

According to your definition, BB doesn't care to sell their product to me of people like me.

I REALLY wish I had known that before I spent most of my weekend trying to find a plan that would make me leave Sprint after 12 years.

Interesting post suit-and-tie avatar dude...

And, if TH and BB felt the way you did, why bring in musicians, artists and writer to hock your product? Why not call on a policeman that no one has ever heard of, or some guy with plumbers crack to go out and herald your new product.

I seem to be unable to connect your dots here... Somethings not making sense...

Not targeting 'in-fashion'? Then why not just stick to the standard BB design?

Why? *Drum Roll Please* The existing product has lost market share in the U.S. and was on the road to irrelevancy.

Why? Because these are the type of people that REACH the folks who will go out and spend money.

I guess you didn't mention Doctors, Teachers, etc... Cause everyone knows they're using Apple products these days...
    03-27-13 02:00 PM
    Hmmm...

Let me see if I got this straight...

According to your definition, BB doesn't care to sell their product to me of people like me.

I REALLY wish I had known that before I spent most of my weekend trying to find a plan that would make me leave Sprint after 12 years.

Interesting post suit-and-tie avatar dude...

And, if TH and BB felt the way you did, why bring in musicians, artists and writer to hock your product? Why not call on a policeman that no one has ever heard of, or some guy with plumbers crack to go out and herald your new product.

I seem to be unable to connect your dots here... Somethings not making sense...

Not targeting 'in-fashion'? Then why not just stick to the standard BB design?

Why? *Drum Roll Please* The existing product has lost market share in the U.S. and was on the road to irrelevancy.

Why? Because these are the type of people that REACH the folks who will go out and spend money.

I guess you didn't mention Doctors, Teachers, etc... Cause everyone knows they're using Apple products these days...
    Got me why they brought in AK, most would agree its silly.

There existing product was ancient and behind the times. BBOS was a Java based os that needed to be ditched 4 years ago. BB10 makes them once again competitive. There are plenty of complaints about BBOS and what it lacked...it was good for its time just got long in the tooth, was difficult to develop on and others made products that made all that easier. If Apple iOS and Android never came along, BlackBerry might not have ever changed.

You do realize BlackBerry's bread and butter is Fortune 500 and Government right? The BB10 and beyond handsets are not going to generate the same revenue as the old BIS BBOS devices did. Handsets are not going to be a money maker for them (in of itself). They are never going to be an Apple or Samsung and generate huge volumes of phones. BlackBerry is moving towards a SaaS model. There backend Enterprise software is where they will make a killing.

BlackBerry is going to be a business centric device. I think the theory of introducing artists and the likes is to say, yea these people are PROFESSIONALS too. They do things and want to be connected. Again communication focused.
    03-27-13 03:29 PM
53 123