I got an idea seeing that my carrier is shipping Android phones with ADB enabled by default (LOL)

Android charging stations in airports! (with some fine print behind the sign to avoid lawsuits)
    Someone connects his Android handset, then the station will secretly sideload an apk in the device.
    After sometime, the user will notice the new application and will open it, and it will say something like this:
    "Do you know that Android is inherently insecure if you don't know how to manage it? We installed this unharmful application while you was charging your phone at the airport. Switch to a safer phone, then the AD is shown."
    LOL
    06-05-12 03:33 AM
    I got an idea seeing that my carrier is shipping Android phones with ADB enabled by default (LOL)

Android charging stations in airports! (with some fine print behind the sign to avoid lawsuits)
    Someone connects his Android handset, then the station will secretly sideload an apk in the device.
    After sometime, the user will notice the new application and will open it, and it will say something like this:
    "Do you know that Android is inherently insecure if you don't know how to manage it? We installed this unharmful application while you was charging your phone at the airport. Switch to a safer phone, then the AD is shown."
    LOL
    Can go in jail for that ...
    06-05-12 03:40 AM
    Can go in jail for that ...
    lol it's true, that's why the fine print on the charger station, lol
    06-05-12 03:46 AM
    Fine print on the charger station doesn't necesarily make it legal.

Also there's no point marketing security to consumers, as much as they should care, they don't and they won't.
    06-05-12 04:23 AM
    RIM needs to partner with trend micro and other security researchers. Bragging about your own security won't cut it, third party observers need to show it. RIM should take the reports that are already out there and market them. Simply go directly to CIOs and show them the market data, or better yet, IAMs. Consumers won't care, but it might help to solidify their slipping grip on business/government.
    06-05-12 04:29 AM
    Ummm, no OP.
    06-05-12 04:42 AM
    Its likely, if these are actors, or asked for their time/consent, you can do what the OP suggests. However it significantly lessens the effectiveness of the ad.
    06-05-12 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD