Getting it right for once? http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=e...em-uploademail

Kind Regards, Tino Chiko C0008DDD1 TechCraze!
    11-26-13 05:09 PM
    Interesting case. Thanks for sharing!
    11-27-13 05:31 AM
    BB must be much more active on all forms of social media. This looks great.
    11-27-13 05:43 AM
    I could barely understand her.

All it showed was her sending a tweet. What can the Q5 do? Didn't show.
    11-27-13 07:24 AM
    I didn't watch it but if all one member remembers is a tweet I'd say no, they haven't got it right and no one is going to see a youtube video unless they specifically go to youtube to look for BBRY.
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-27-13 07:50 AM
    These kind of things are deathly boring. So no, BlackBerry hasn't gotten it right. And as someone brought up, no one is going to see this unless they are searching for it. That would probably only be to BlackBerry fans. So this "marketing" video was more or less a complete waste. They need to focus on TV marketing first and foremost and social media marketing second.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-27-13 07:57 AM
    Getting it right!? That was awful. We spent three minutes learning about DJ training, and we learned absolutely nothing about BlackBerry. If it weren't for the occasional random shot of a BlackBerry phone (total time, about four seconds), we wouldn't even know the video had anything to do with BlackBerry. In fact, we wouldn't even know that was a BlackBerry phone if they hadn't said so at the beginning. I don't know anything more about BlackBerry phones now than I did before, and there was absolutely nothing in that video to entice me to check them out.

Here's an example of how to market a phone properly. This ad tells us more in thirty seconds about what the phone can do (by demonstrating one of its features) than the DJ video did in three minutes.
    kbz1960 and ajst222 like this.
    11-27-13 08:03 AM
    That is garbage. This is worse than the girl who said she sends 1000 emails a day in that old Be Bold ad.
    11-27-13 08:07 AM
    Marketing? What marketing? Seriously, Blackberry needs to figure out exactly who their customer base is and market (heavily) to that base. That does not mean they have to go toe-to-toe with Samsung with ads - they can't and don't want/need to do that - but they do need to do something. I would think that as soon as they get all their new management is in place, we'll see a specific direction; the new CEO seems like he knows what he's about.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:10 AM
    That is garbage. This is worse than the girl who said she sends 1000 emails a day in that old Be Bold ad.
    I remember that...: "I send and receive over 1000 emails a day. Try doing that on a touchscreen". I'm sure she is now lol
    11-27-13 08:13 AM
    I remember that...: "I send and receive over 1000 emails a day. Try doing that on a touchscreen". I'm sure she is now lol
    Lol I remember seeing that thinking WTF? Someone broke it down and determined that she would have to send an email every 2 seconds or something like that.
    11-27-13 08:16 AM
    Lol I remember seeing that thinking WTF? Someone broke it down and determined that she would have to send an email every 2 seconds or something like that.
    You've challenged my inner nerd. Okay, assuming she sleeps 8 hours, and does nothing else the other 16 but send and receive emails, that would be approximately one email per minute. Sounds like a fulfilling life, made possible by BlackBerry!
    kbz1960 and ajst222 like this.
    11-27-13 08:23 AM
    You've challenged my inner nerd. Okay, assuming she sleeps 8 hours, and does nothing else the other 16 but send and receive emails, that would be approximately one email per minute. Sounds like a fulfilling life, made possible by BlackBerry!
    Lololol, that made my day.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-27-13 08:29 AM

I wonder how she fit that Be Bold commercial into her busy schedule lmao
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-27-13 08:34 AM
    Ok guys. So as you might have noticed, it's nearly impossible to find the Be Bold campaign ads on YouTube. But after doing some digging, I found some. They're unlisted on YouTube meaning that you can't just search for them...you need the URL. So without further adieu, here is Meredith Valiando:
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-27-13 08:51 AM
    I don't know if you can get your marketing right if you haven't gotten your overall strategy right. Step 1 - Decide what your company will do to make money. Step 2 - Do the marketing.
    11-27-13 08:58 AM
    What BlackBerry has done is show how BlackBerry can be used as a productivity tool. That's the one thing they do best. Any platform can be used for productivity blah blah blah but that's mainly what BlackBerry was made to do. It's been that way since 1998. Productivity is what they're marketing.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:57 AM
    Could be better. Its too long.
    11-27-13 10:26 AM
    What BlackBerry has done is show how BlackBerry can be used as a productivity tool. That's the one thing they do best. Any platform can be used for productivity blah blah blah but that's mainly what BlackBerry was made to do. It's been that way since 1998. Productivity is what they're marketing.
    Are you talking about the video? I'm going to assume you are, since that's the topic of the thread. The intro said, "BlackBerry gave Julia the chance to level up and do something she's always wanted to do. With the help of her BlackBerry Q5." The "something she's always wanted to do" was learn to DJ. How did her Q5 help her do that in any way? The only thing I saw her do with it was send a tweet. My iPhone can do that, too. So I don't get how this video shows "how BlackBerry can be used as a productivity tool."
    11-27-13 10:29 AM
    Showing what you can do with a device isn't going to be very effective these days because there are so many other devices that do interesting and amazing things. The way that Apple markets is to elicit some sort of emotional reaction. They even design their hardware, specifically, to make you want to touch it. Then they set up stores so that you can go in and touch it. Just running ads isn't going to do very much.
    11-27-13 10:30 AM
    Could be better. Its too long.
    Would also be better if it had something to do with BlackBerry phones.
    11-27-13 10:30 AM
    This made me lol! Forgot about that ad.
    11-27-13 10:36 AM
    11-27-13 10:38 AM
    That was awful. Waste of time, money, and Internet.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:46 AM
    WTF was that?!? They showcased the Q5 for 6 seconds in total.

It's a well produced video but what's the point? This may serve as the final legacy of the worst Chief Marketing Officer in history.
    11-27-13 10:52 AM
26 12