Hi I am in the market for a BlackBerry. I am a Sprint customer and plan on staying with them. I was looking at the Pearl but with the Curve coming soon I am torn on what way to go. I will be looking to do some surfing but mostly for a planner. I have a ton of things going on every week I need to stay on top of. I play in two local bands and am a Independent Pro Wrestler and work a full time job. I need my schedule at all times so not to double book myself. What is going to be the difference between the two phones besides screen size and keyboard?
    Thanks, Ron
    03-18-08 06:30 PM
    Not much! Because of the smaller size of the Pearl and the non-qwerty keyboard, the Pearl uses Sure Type. Some people like it, some don't. Most people say it takes about a week of using Sure-type to get used to it. YOu can always turn the Sure-Type off and use multi-tap if you don't like it.

I"m more familiar with the Curve since that is what I have. The 8310 has built in GPS via TeleNav.

The Pearl 8100 has the option to change the color of your trackball (other models of the Pearl do not have this feature).

Those are the only differences that I'm aware of.
    03-18-08 06:37 PM
    Just get the 8830WE then if you don't need a camera and are wanting it for more of a planner. Bigger screen is always a plus. I love mine. I was looking at the pearl and the 8830 and so glad I went with the 8830 instead.
    03-18-08 06:52 PM
    If you feel u cant wait for the Curve then go with the 8830. If the Curve was out when I purchased my Berry I wouldve gotten it. I like the GPS function on the 8830. The Curve has the camera but I dont need that.
    03-19-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD