If this was a strategic move, then very smart.

Work on the 2 countries that supports the brand the most and get them to be your beta testers for the brand new OS. Yes it's ready for launch but a new OS will always have bugs.

Get some good feedback after a few weeks of hands on review from the consumer market and do an update on the OS before launching into the US where brand recognition is negative.
    netwerx1 likes this.
    01-30-13 08:53 PM
    having all 4 carriers delayed to the same time sounds like it is more by design from BB than anything else. Maybe Canada and the UK are just User Acceptance Testers for the Americans

I would imagine that if the availability date were up to carriers exclusively, the first one ready would launch as soon as possible to get a leg up on the competition.
    01-30-13 09:00 PM
    If this was a strategic move, then very smart.

Work on the 2 countries that supports the brand the most and get them to be your beta testers for the brand new OS. Yes it's ready for launch but a new OS will always have bugs.

Get some good feedback after a few weeks of hands on review from the consumer market and do an update on the OS before launching into the US where brand recognition is negative.
    That's the potential silver lining that I was contemplating as well...we may end up with a more stable and mature product that has some of those beloved but missing features added back in...
    krispowers likes this.
    01-30-13 09:05 PM
    Every one of you has some quality insight. Moving forward with the rebirth of Blackberry, I'm really looking forward to the growth that is going to start across the pond. I have waited this long and kept my upgrade tucked away, so no biggie. I have a strong feeling that we will see the quality ads build up even more fervor and that crackberry addicts in other countries will let us know what's good and what may need some tweaks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 09:36 PM
    it allows them time to ramp up the advertising and get some good press reviews internationally. this is a global community. it wont take long for rave reviews from the UK and Canada to filter down to the US to add to the buzz. a lot people in the US seem to think blackberry went out of business so that will be some time for them to change that perception.
    I disagree. First, US reviews of the Z10 are already out because they have had pre-release models for a week. These reviews are on the front page of big blogs like Engadget and the Verge right now. by the end of the week, they'll be basically invisible because of new featured reviews.

Also, the major English language tech blogs are all American. don't get me wrong, I like reading Electric Pig and Tech radar (both UK) but neither have the global audience that CNET, Anandtech, Engdaget or Allthingsd have. these are the sites whose reviews will filter through everywhere else. These reviews will also have US-specific info such as LTE performance, so that might be more important for US customers.

There's also no guarantee that that international reviews of the Z10 will be overwhelmingly positive. The Verge review of the Z10 was about as positive as I expect them all to be.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    01-30-13 09:51 PM
30 12