As much as I want my Z10 tomorrow, I feel like the March date is a smart move. BlackBerry is going to show off their new product this weekend during the Super Bowl with which millions upon millions of American citizens, who may not have known much about this awesome OS will finally be slapped in the face with Blackberry hammer. A couple of months of build up and everyone flocks to their respective carriers and picks up a great product. I just hope that the other countries have good experiences with the Z10 before the US gets it. Truth be told though, I wish I could get my hands on my Z10...LIKE NOW!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 03:25 PM
    Over a month is too long after the super bowl. End of Feb. is the extreme latest a Superbowl ad has any effect. I hope they have a barrage of ads between now and then.
    01-30-13 03:27 PM
    I agree with your thoughts, the Super Bowl is a great platform to jump off of...But, they damn well better saturate the market with some brilliant ads to tide us over. I know I'll be watching.

01-30-13 03:29 PM
    thorsten said on cnbc they were working to get the date moved up
    maybe if international sales go well the US carriers will jump in sooner
    hopefully production capacity is there for a short order
    TheQuietRioter and ctuffy like this.
    01-30-13 03:32 PM
    thorsten said on cnbc they were working to get the date moved up
    maybe if international sales go well the US carriers will jump in sooner
    hopefully production capacity is there for a short order
    I had not heard that. All the more reason to email the carriers and let them know our thoughts. (Of course, like I said before, it will probably do no good but it doesn't cost anything either).
    01-30-13 03:34 PM
    You do realize that the release date is up to the carriers right? I'd be yapping at the US carriers is I was in the US. Being Canadian, next Tuesday is the big day.
    01-30-13 03:35 PM
    The average consumer if they are impressed by the advertisement and desire the product are going to go to buy it, when the store doesnt have it the salesperson is going to try and sell what is in-stock (read that as iphone or 'droid). and of course the salesperson is not going to have any information on when the BB10 will be available, so the consumer will buy something else instead.
    01-30-13 03:36 PM
    Congrats on being able to enjoy your new BB10 so quick after the launch. Here in the US, the carriers are lazy and content. They eventually get around to releases and software updates as long as it suits them. The fact that the UK is prepared to release them tomorrow shows how far ahead they are of the US markets.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-30-13 03:41 PM
    If this was the latest and greatest device from Samsung, HTC or Apple, the carriers would be tripping over themselves getting the devices into their stores within days of the announcement. BlackBerry went to the trouble to hold the event in NYC and for the US carriers to not start offering the Z10 until March is an insult to the company. It's almost as if the US carriers are trying to sabotage BlackBerry.
    01-30-13 03:45 PM
    Screw the super bowl, we have March Madness advertising to do!!!!!
    01-30-13 03:47 PM
    it allows them time to ramp up the advertising and get some good press reviews internationally. this is a global community. it wont take long for rave reviews from the UK and Canada to filter down to the US to add to the buzz. a lot people in the US seem to think blackberry went out of business so that will be some time for them to change that perception.
    01-30-13 03:50 PM
    As much as I want my Z10 tomorrow, I feel like the March date is a smart move. BlackBerry is going to show off their new product this weekend during the Super Bowl with which millions upon millions of American citizens, who may not have known much about this awesome OS will finally be slapped in the face with Blackberry hammer. A couple of months of build up and everyone flocks to their respective carriers and picks up a great product. I just hope that the other countries have good experiences with the Z10 before the US gets it. Truth be told though, I wish I could get my hands on my Z10...LIKE NOW!

I disagree about the Superbowl ad. Waste of money now that we know no one can buy the phones in the US until March.
    kevinnugent, jelp2 and vrs626 like this.
    01-30-13 03:51 PM
    You guys think it's the carriers and not BB? Like, all four of them had a conference call and said "hey, lets all screw BB over and refuse to launch until late March". How dumb.
    vrs626 likes this.
    01-30-13 03:54 PM
    I for one think there might be more surprise forums and carriers feeling the pressure to release the devices quicker.
    01-30-13 03:55 PM
    I think for the US carriers it's not about more testing. The UK carriers don't have any lower quality standards.
    The thing is that the BlackBerry is way more popular than here. Over there they are confident it will be a success.
    The US has the lowest BB approval anywhere on the planet, and so they carriers are not so sure if it will be a success.
    they maybe waiting for social feedback to see if it would work out.
    to make it short: They don't trust BB yet.
    01-30-13 03:58 PM
    Don't forget majority of cell phone purchases are done through contract upgrades. In the world or lengthy contracts Feb and March have no difference. Expecting people to sell there left nut for a blackberry on launch day like an iphone is a mistake. Not when those people are the same ones who think blackberry died in 2008, literally. Anybody on crackberry or any tech blog comments will be enthusiasts and a minority, they'll survive.
    01-30-13 04:03 PM
    They don't have to have a meeting...they have all gone all in on apple and android and they don't want a 3rd party to have to train employees on, techs on, retailers on etc...so if Windows fails or is just marginalized and BB is etc.

Something just doesn't line up with what the CMO from Verizon implied when they said that Verizon would support BB10 at launch in Q1....yes I know March is technically in Q1, but it is not in the window of supporting it at launch...2 weeks tops to say you supported it at launch...
    01-30-13 04:12 PM
    After today, I am not sure I trust Blackberry either...

Some advance warning of the delay for the US would have gone a long way at making today a better day for everyone, including Blackberry...
    01-30-13 04:14 PM
    Please don't forget about tax refunds...
    March is a very good month to come out with a BRAND NEW PRODUCT.
    You'd be surprised how quickly one can spend his/her tax refund just from seeing a new trend / commercial.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-13 04:22 PM
    I've been with a Blackberry device for almost six years. I'm really starting to wonder why I keep abusing myself
    01-30-13 04:26 PM
    I've been with a Blackberry device for almost six years. I'm really starting to wonder why I keep abusing myself
    You were raised Catholic?
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-30-13 04:28 PM
    I'm pretty sure March was not intentional. I'd bet a vital organ or two that RIM BlackBerry would much rather have dropped BB10 in the US next week along with the rest of the world.
    01-30-13 04:30 PM
    Here's my take on the March US launch.BlackBerry cannot take the chance of launching first in the US and having poor sales. The negative publicity would likely effect overseas sales. There's only so much "that sucks" ear whispering you can take before it begins to sway your viewpoint. Instead, launching in friendly markets (UK, Canada) is the positive news that BlackBerry desperately needs right now. Strong initial sales feeds developer interest, which is crucial for long term sales.

Like it or not, this is a long term plan for future gain. The extra 6 weeks or so will also give BlackBerry more time to bring more quality big name apps on board.
    alan510 likes this.
    01-30-13 06:34 PM
    You guys think it's the carriers and not BB? Like, all four of them had a conference call and said "hey, lets all screw BB over and refuse to launch until late March". How dumb.
    No, but if they were all hesitant to begin testing it could have delayed them all around the same time.
    01-30-13 07:41 PM
    Here's my take on the March US launch.BlackBerry cannot take the chance of launching first in the US and having poor sales. The negative publicity would likely effect overseas sales. There's only so much "that sucks" ear whispering you can take before it begins to sway your viewpoint. Instead, launching in friendly markets (UK, Canada) is the positive news that BlackBerry desperately needs right now. Strong initial sales feeds developer interest, which is crucial for long term sales.

Like it or not, this is a long term plan for future gain. The extra 6 weeks or so will also give BlackBerry more time to bring more quality big name apps on board.
    I agree with you. Don't forget that after Canada, the UAE and who knows who else will launch. These are good markets for BlackBerry and could generate positive vibes.

Everyone needs to have some perspective here. Today was the BEGINNING of the marketing campaign. The US consumer market is a tough nut to crack. The ad campaign - including adding more name apps - needs time to work. Perhaps this delay in US availability will work out for the best, despite the disappointment to many of us.
    01-30-13 08:34 PM
30 12