Hey Guys,
    I have BB Pearl 8120 with AT&T and don't have data plan. Can I still use google map software or I need to buy data plan to use this application. Is there any other map and GPS application that can be used without data plan software?
    04-04-08 10:47 PM
    It won't display the map data without a data plan. Welcome to CB!
    04-04-08 10:56 PM
    trekbuddy can be used without a data plan. You have to download maps in advance. It will show a map and your location and track it. It does not do lookup type of stuff.
    04-05-08 12:12 AM
    For me I like BB maps.
    04-05-08 07:38 AM
    For me I like BB maps.
    BB Maps works without a data plan?
    04-05-08 03:26 PM
    BB Maps works without a data plan?
    I don't think so.
    04-06-08 08:25 AM
    I don't think so.
    Thats what I thought....

Seems TrekBuddy or something will work..but you have to annoyingly create the maps yourself..
    04-06-08 12:05 PM
    I have unlimited so I've tried them all< Telenav is best as far as I can see for driving
    04-06-08 12:10 PM
    TrekBuddy is a way of life, not a GPS app. If they could provide a set of maps - even if they charged for them, then it would be a 5/10 application.

I gave up and bought a TomTom ONE. It was cheap, the payback period vs. my data plan is about 6 months and I have a superb GPS system.
    04-20-08 12:46 PM
    Tomtom has a blackberry app now?
    I thought tom tom was only symbian and wondows mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 04:46 PM
    I think what he was saying is that he bought stand-alone TomTom and uses it instead of using his BB.

Nav4All might be able to use your Wi-Fi connection to map out the route. As long as you stay directly on the route it supplies, it shouldn't need a data connection again. Nav4All is made to only connect to the internet when it needs to calculate directions. Once it has them, it displays arrows to get you where you are going.

The small downside to Nav4All is that if you go off route, it will try to connect to its servers and recalculate the route, which probably won't work without a data plan. It's actually a plus for me since it only needs data usage when calculating, and will automatically recaluclate when I go off its planed course.
    04-21-08 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD