I have notices that there are a lot of threads going up that the title makes a statement, but has a question mark after it. So depending what browser your using if the titles name is truncated it does look like a question. Titles like "Crackberry is of the devil?" I dont see why people dont use a proper title and not try to mislead people. It not like we get paid for each hit we get. Im I the only one this annoys?
    03-27-12 05:33 AM
    Is your thread title "To many misleading thread titles." or "Too many misleading thread titles."? Those two statements have different meanings and it's misleading and confusing.
    03-27-12 05:46 AM
    It's a common problem with any forum site. Posts titled "need help please!", "can't believe it!", and "why does it do this?" are all over the place. You have to read the thread to find out what it's about (a mouseover of the title in the post listing sometimes yields a clue).

More often than not, these posts are from newer members who don't understand forum etiquette - and we were all new users at one time. While it is sometimes annoying, it's the cycle of members arriving that keeps the blood fresh, so it's best to try to forgive a little and perhaps offer guidance in their thread (if you are so inclined).
    03-27-12 06:21 AM
    It's a common problem with any forum site. Posts titled "need help please!", "can't believe it!", and "why does it do this?" are all over the place. You have to read the thread to find out what it's about (a mouseover of the title in the post listing sometimes yields a clue).

More often than not, these posts are from newer members who don't understand forum etiquette - and we were all new users at one time. While it is sometimes annoying, it's the cycle of members arriving that keeps the blood fresh, so it's best to try to forgive a little and perhaps offer guidance in their thread (if you are so inclined).
    I understand what your saying.
    03-27-12 11:19 AM
    Ur thread too is misleading. It should have been "too" not "to".
    And yes OP, u r fishing here. Pity on u.
    03-27-12 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD