I know in Canada I got my Z10 during the first few weeks of introduction of the phone and new platform(Feb 2013). Anyway I know there must be a lot of people who are now 2 years or more into their cell phone contract such as myself who I hope are looking at new BB10 models. I know I am personally interested in going back to a keyboard- so I hope to have the option of choosing between the Passport or the Slider?? if available or another BB10 phone. What are most of you doing?? Should the next 6 months not bring in a lot of renewals from the z10 and q10 models? These next few quarters should see if are hardware sales will now start to rise, I am hoping so. I hope that the people who bought these initial devices will repurchase another Blackberry product. Although I am quite happy with my z10 , I am ready for the next BB phone and I know many of you are too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on whether you are up for renewal and if you expect to purchase your next BB10 device or sadly leave us. I think the new phones have vastly improved since my z10. Good luck and ciao 4 now.
    03-30-15 09:38 PM
    Picked up a Z30 in November because I had a feeling BlackBerry would disappoint on a new all touch device, and I was right. Was a week one US Z10 adopter and week one PlayBook adopter. Going to give them till the August to December 2015 time to deliver an upgrade device for the Z30, and if they do not I will leave. The Z30 doesn't have the 1900 MHZ LTE band that T-Mobile is upgrading all their non 1700 MHZ LTE towers and I'm not going back to a Z10, and won't downgrade to a Leap. Don't really have interest in a slider or curved screens so not looking good. I'm BlackBerry's customer to lose, and I don't think they care about my business as it is. 13 BlackBerry devices purchased over the years, I like BB10 OS and UI, but I'm not going back to inferior or stagnant device changes, or to PKB devices, and this seems to be where BlackBerry's misplaced guidance is taking them.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 09:54 PM
    That's too bad you feel that way. We need everyone on board. Is there another Cell phone provider who would work better for you with a different band ? that would work and I guess for you, you prefer a touch screen over a keyboard. I do enjoy the touchscreen, however I think I am ready to go back to a Keyboard as I will make less errors and the touchscreen can be too sensitive at times. Not that I didn't enjoy my Z10- it got better with every update. I hope you reconsider and stay. Ciao 4 now.
    03-30-15 10:04 PM
    I know in Canada I got my Z10 during the first few weeks of introduction of the phone and new platform(Feb 2013). Anyway I know there must be a lot of people who are now 2 years or more into their cell phone contract such as myself who I hope are looking at new BB10 models. I know I am personally interested in going back to a keyboard- so I hope to have the option of choosing between the Passport or the Slider?? if available or another BB10 phone. What are most of you doing?? Should the next 6 months not bring in a lot of renewals from the z10 and q10 models? These next few quarters should see if are hardware sales will now start to rise, I am hoping so. I hope that the people who bought these initial devices will repurchase another Blackberry product. Although I am quite happy with my z10 , I am ready for the next BB phone and I know many of you are too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on whether you are up for renewal and if you expect to purchase your next BB10 device or sadly leave us. I think the new phones have vastly improved since my z10. Good luck and ciao 4 now.
    It will be difficult for me to repurchase a new model of BlackBerry unit. I am currently using the Z10 and also had it back in 2013.

Now that I have the latest update the phone still works like a charm. I am not sure I want to update to another unit, though at some point I tested the "Passport". I glad I chose to stay with the Z10. I will wait and see what other products come out in a few years.

Posted via CB10
    Conan69 likes this.
    03-30-15 10:09 PM
    Great CorrieG- so at least you are happy with your device and at some point will upgrade. I hope you see something you like in Blackberry when you make your decision. We need you. Ciao 4 now.
    03-30-15 10:21 PM
    Great CorrieG- so at least you are happy with your device and at some point will upgrade. I hope you see something you like in Blackberry when you make your decision. We need you. Ciao 4 now.
    Yes, I will be around. I have been a long standing BlackBerry user for sometime. But, my upgrades have to come with solid reason. Unless there some significant software upgrade, I think I am quite fine with the product.

BlackBerry has made it tough for me to upgrade and this product still is a winner at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:25 PM
    I never finish a term! I was always upgrade when something interesting hits the market. My provider always waived the penalty as long as I renewed to a full term again. Been doing this for probably 10 years now! Why do I do it? Cuz I can.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 10:27 PM
    You have an amazing provider then. Not many get their penalties waived. Ciao 4 now,
    bangonroofing likes this.
    03-30-15 10:36 PM
    I went with the Passport. Bought it outright. Tired of contracts and liked that I finally got to choose the color I got instead of taking what color my carrier had to offer.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:09 PM
    Happy with my q10 but definitely gonna upgrade to classic or wait to see if something better with keyboard (not interested in slider)

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:11 PM
    Great to hear that some upgrades or renewals are coming soon from many of us here who are initial BB10 purchasers. In Chen We Trust. Ciao 4 now.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:24 PM
    I got my Z10 on Feb 13, 2013. I can't believe I've had it for over 2 years already.

I'm leaning towards a passport for my next phone, but my Z10 runs so well I can't justify turning it in right now. That gives me time anyway to see what the slider is like.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Vorkosigan; 03-31-15 at 07:00 PM.
    03-31-15 01:54 PM
    Yes, I will be around. I have been a long standing BlackBerry user for sometime. But, my upgrades have to come with solid reason. Unless there some significant software upgrade, I think I am quite fine with the product.

BlackBerry has made it tough for me to upgrade and this product still is a winner at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Here here well said, I totally agree with you, as an early Z10 owner I have now just switched to a sim only plan, the phone is still good and after the last update all I've done is buy a new battery, when something better comes along (not the leap) then I will buy the phone outright and continue on the sim only plan, the problem here in the UK is I have only just managed to put my hands on a passport, they just aren't about in the shops (I found it to big) I have been looking for one in the flesh since their release.
    So a Z10 running 10.3 on an unlimited talk and text 2GB data plan for �12.99 a month (that's $20 usd) will do me fine for now :-)
    03-31-15 02:08 PM
    My Koodo Tab for my Q5 ran out a few months back so I'm getting a discount on my plan. I bought my Z30 outright when it was on sale and I intend to do so again when my Z30 breaks or I have to upgrade.
    03-31-15 04:23 PM
    Went from Q10 to Passport with pleasure here too!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:28 PM
    Right now I am three months in on the z30 that replaced my z10. Barring some sort of catastrophic failure I expect I will be looking for a replacement in late 2016. Right now there is no way forward in the current lineup. Guess we shall see where things stand at the end of 2016.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 05:33 PM
    Looking forward to seeing what new phones come out by December when my contract is up. In Chen We Trust. Ciao 4 now.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 05:58 PM
    Had z10 launch day and gave up my s3 after a week. Rocked the z10 and q10 before giving some else the q10. Z30 came along and I grab it the first week. It kicked the z10s ****. Used that till the passport launched and had mine on day one. Never thought I would like the passport but I've never given it up. Love it so much. It's way faster then the z30 and I can hammer out message a lot faster then on my z30 with little spelling errors.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 05:59 PM
    Just got the Z30 with CrackBerry's sale, and still on the same plan that I got with my Z10 when it first came out.

When my contract is up, I might grab the slider, but it depends on what it is like and what it can do.

Otherwise, I'm set for the time being... I can't believe it took me this long to grab a Z30!

I am not interested in going back to a PKB phone (at least the slider gives me the option).

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:16 PM
    I got the z10 when launch feb. 2013. Just grab the Z30 when it went on sale on Crackberry. My z10 now goes to my daughter (9 yrs old) for use as an emergency phone, on a pay as you go plan. She mainly use BBM on wifi, play games and listen to music. I thought I get her on BB10 early. LOL

Wife Z10, daughter got my old Z10 and me with the awesome new World Z30. That's how we roll baby!
    03-31-15 10:38 PM
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

Could be a good time for some really early buyers in Canada to get off the old 3 year terms!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:09 AM
    Yeah I'm on the same boat. I'm not sure how I'm going to upgrade my phone to something that blackberry doesn't want to offer anymore.
    04-01-15 11:26 AM
    Nice article asherwiin , just as I thought. I'm not sure what phone you are looking for BBrickk?
    04-01-15 11:03 PM
    Yeah I'm on the same boat. I'm not sure how I'm going to upgrade my phone to something that blackberry doesn't want to offer anymore.
    What would that be?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 02:17 PM
    What would that be?

Posted via CB10
    An all-touch with modern specs I assume. I'm in the same boat.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    04-14-15 02:29 PM
26 12