New to this forum. I don't know if i'm in the right section for this thread? I know how to use audacity and convert to mp3. The problem i'm having is trying to transfer them to my blackberry from my computer. I've got the desktop manager software installed. But i'm stuck.

Thanks
    01-08-08 09:16 PM
    Do you have a media card? That's where they need to go.
    01-08-08 09:19 PM
    They can't go to the internal card? Do i need to buy a card as i had to for my 5.0digital camera? Just got this phone. Don't know much about it yet. I know when i got my camera the internal memory would only hold about 8-10 pictures. I had to buy a card for it to hold more pictures. Is that why i can't transfer the ring tones to the phone? I have a connection form the computer to the phone. I don't know how to do the transfer. So you are saying if i don't have a media card installed it won't work?

Thanks
    01-08-08 09:39 PM
    You dont need a media card its just recommended that you get one if youre going to be loading tons of media on the phone.

Secondly, using media manager, you should just be able to click on "blackberry" under the "my devices" menu and drag the ringtones to the proper folder there.
    01-08-08 09:55 PM
    You are saying to go into the desktop manager and into the media manager software that i installed in my computer that came with the blackberry?
    01-08-08 10:08 PM
    Yes, that's one way to do it. If you put a Micro card in, you can put tons of tunes and ring tones on the phone. You will have to enable mass media, and then when you plug the phone into the computer, it will show up as an additional disc drive, then you can just drag stuff to the different folders.

Welcome to Crackberry, BTW.
    01-08-08 10:41 PM
    Connect your BB to the PC/desktop/laptop with the USB cable and open Desktop Manager. Then go to media manager and drag the ringtone to the proper folder. The amount of memory on the BB is very limited so you should get a media card. 1GB is minimum I would say.
    01-08-08 10:42 PM
    mac is right, get a media card.
    01-08-08 11:05 PM
    Mine has a Media Manager icon just above Synchronize, and to the left of Switch Device Wizard...

Crazy question, but you did install the program, right?
    01-23-08 12:52 AM
    If the DM installed correctly you should have several options available when you open it up. Media Manager, Synchronizer, Backup and Restore, Application Loader and Switch Wizard. If you don't see these when you open the program up, uninstall and try again. I'm running XP and had to re-install it once.
    01-23-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD