Hey everyone!

so i had this problem (if you know a solution, you have helped me like for life), and now i'm using my sister's phone (9360) and i hate it so much as its hot 24/7 and the keyboard is just too tiny, the device is too slow comparing it to my old 9900

However what makes me love blackberry overall is this:
    1-Push notification: push notification on the blackberry is amazing comparing it to any other phone, as i receive everything from the moment it reaches me
    2-LED, customizable notifications: having the power to change the LED color of any specific app is amazing and helps me a lot, i can't really live with the red color only..
    3-KEYBOARD: the most important thing in the blackberry its keyboard, i always chat and text by many apps like BBM, Whatsapp, kik, Twitter, Emailing, Facebook, Notes, and anything else+how i can surf menus and apps with the keyboard is a big win
    4-Stable device, good battery life, landscape view (loving how my device looks like when i add any wallpaper), just the way how i can update it and it runs better then before (thanks to berrylicious teem!!!)

So i was thinking of making the jump into Blackberry 10, as i'm a high school student, what i'll be offered when i have the Balckberry 10 is having android apps, which is sweet but not a biggy really, would make me throw my iPod possibly..

and i'm kind of worried that i'll see a lot of problems with my BB10 device from its all new software, i don't blame BlackBerry for making this new os, i'm just afraid that i'll end up almost like how all Playbook users ended up, also i find that blackberry 10 os is still glitchy and needs some more adjustment and more updates

So guys do you think i can have all the benefits i have from my old legacy phone on Blackberry 10? Cause if yes, then i'll gather some money for me as i need to make 200$ by my own (which is hard) to own a Q10
    But i've heard that Q10 has problems with its screen and there's no space for bezel down the screen, is it really that bad? like should i change to Q5 instead?

Lastly, if you think Blackberry has no future, what would you recommend me with as i love texting?
    Thanks all
    08-26-13 05:51 PM
    My friend, get a Q10, you will love it.

Job done.
    m4salman and MetalxAssassinx like this.
    08-26-13 06:01 PM
    Try both the Z10 and Q10, compare them, spend some time with them, try sending text messages (or at least fake messages), and other stuff. See which one you like best, and make up your mind. BlackBerry has a lot to do to make it to the top, but just because it has a long way, it does not mean it can not do it, nor does it mean that BlackBerry NEEDS to be at the top. The new BB10 (especially 10.2) is jam packed with awesome features, which makes the phone zippier, and better to use (from a consumer's perspective).

Hope this helps, I have both the Z10 and a DevQ, the Z10 is only for when I am fooling around with my DevQ. The DevQ is my primary device, and I really love it.
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    08-26-13 06:03 PM
    I personally have not had any issues swiping up from the keyboard with the bezel in the way or whatever. Works as I want it to and never when I don't. Actually truthfully when I'm scrolling thru a website I scroll to far to the bottom and zoom out of the app only because I was used to my HTC One giant screen, but I haven't done that in weeks now I'm used to the Q10 size.

Sent from HTC One /BlackBerry Q10
    08-26-13 06:06 PM
    q10 is the device you need, and a part time job why don't you cut some neighbours grass.
    08-26-13 06:10 PM
    Agree, I read your post and thought: you need a Q10!
    I had a curve and a Bold9900
    Q10 is another thing than Playbook

BB10 is amaizing!
    Forget about Android-Apps (do you mean games???) ... what you need is a good reliable smartphone!! Besides, most Android-Apps are available by side-load... be honest, why need'em??

Q10 is like a pocket PC! Organizer, Taskmanager, best browsing, best messaging, the hub is superb! ... You pick the phone up to snap shots and even to make HQ-vids in secounds!

The new OS is not comparable to OS7.x
    I just recommended a friend of mine that uses much less Internet than me to get the newest Bold ... But for you, I think Q10 is best!

Youl'll love it and never regret it!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    08-26-13 06:27 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies i really appreciate it!!
    The only problem that i'm facing is that my dad have an idea the Blackberry phones are garbage as there's 0 support in my country (yes, 0, when my bold was broken they exchanged it all of it even though the problem was just by changing the trackpad and it would be as good as any other phone), so when my 9900 got bricked he goes like this phone didn't even last you more then a year and all Blackberries are the same (not)

so that's why i'm having difficulties buying a new phone though, if i could use my 9900 it would be much better for me for now till i can make my own way to a new phone

as for android apps, nah they're like candies to me i don't really need them, maybe just for kik cause i use it daily, would install instagram, Tumblr, some religious apps there and there, i don't play games on phone they were built to communicate and organize my life not to entertain me with games..

As a matter of fact loved how you guys think that "Hey, you so need a Q10" haha
    08-26-13 07:18 PM
    You are on a BlackBerry site, I think that you'll hear that BlackBerry is not dead, that there will be some improvements down the road.....but it is exciting to have a new BB. Sounds like you have you're device picked out,it will be a learning curve coming from OS7, bit I think you will enjoy it. If not, then look for something else. You should have a Window to try it out and return it of not satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 07:32 PM
    That's exactly the problem for me that_maynard, i really can't have any chance to try out anything here, just a lucky hit and then you'll see what would happen, if it was a good phone then you're in luck, if not, you'll just to have to stick with it for the next 1 and half years or more who knows

That's why i want to see opinions of people who have experienced some issues with the current BB10 as if there is a lot, i won't get close to it cause i don't want to spend a lot of time trying to buy a new device then all the sudden i start to hate it and want my 9900 back or just any other android phone out there, it seems that you haven't read what i just wrote in the topic however thank you
    08-26-13 08:25 PM
    Friend, get a BB Z10, you will just love it.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-26-13 08:27 PM