07-30-14 08:48 PM
    Sorry guys not "thanks" but "the "

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:49 PM
    Don't think that's the reason.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-30-14 09:04 PM
    I agree that isnt even a small reason why the sales are less than spectacular.
    07-30-14 09:06 PM
    Don't know what you mean OP. Just a one liner?

[Thread worth: 2$]

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:10 PM
    It's because normal consumer won't ask for most secure phone in shop

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 11:10 PM
    Apps and the easy installation and update of them.
    07-31-14 01:33 AM
    This is actually true. A percentage of consumer are walk-in and look around for a phone. It's not always that they know which kind of phone they want to buy. The younger generation many don't know about blackberry and in few years they will be the one working in corporate environments becoming executives they will go for device that they know which will be the ios and android. They wouldn't know about blackberry security if it's not advertised. You can't expect younger generation to want to buy a blackberry when they haven't tried it. Blackberry aside from enterprise should cash in towards young executives as these are the generation that seems to love tech and gadgets and buys a lot of them.

Take for example here in the Philippines it's difficult to find blackberry no exposure, nothing while samsung they have shops and they have events. HTC, LG, Lenovo have booths where you can try their products. Apple they have the istore. I can't even find blackberry in the carrier store for demo now. If nothing changes the Blackberry Philippine staff will soon have to find another job as there will be no more Blackberry here or BlackBerry will be synonymous to government only device. You cannot expect sales when many think your last phone was the 9900 or z10 which was years back and with bad reviews.

via Q10
    Govind Krishnan likes this.
    07-31-14 02:05 AM
    Definitely they will have a higher chance selling if they offer more intensively
    07-31-14 02:47 AM
    How about the marketing aspect? People need to know about the product, it's features and whether or not it satisfies their needs.

If people don't know about it they won't be buying it.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-31-14 04:20 AM
    It's all about money for advertising. Samsung is not that good, but Samsung adverts on every corner and in every magazine makes the people think Samsung is that good.

BlackBerry, unfortunately, does not have that kind of money right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:05 AM
    I agree. BlackBerry does not have cash for marketing handsets. They are focusing on governments, military, financial and corporations requiring niche services with security as a priority. They will produce handsets for these installs first. Sure product will dribble to some consumers but let's be real. Android and Apple have that market sewn up for now. Now the Amazon deal will allow after hours app usage with Balance for this type of clientele. Without pushing and paying for carrier support and massive advertising campaigns, the consumer portion of BlackBerry is very limited.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:17 AM
    Actually apple advertise in a particular way which people will fell in love with iPhones and ipads or even ios. Bit BlackBerry doesn't advertise at all.the z10 was only phone which was advertised on TV and z10 was a great hit in India...... if BlackBerry advertise BlackBerry passport in India, then definitely people will buy it....
    08-01-14 11:47 PM
    I used to like Apple's commercial.
    Now, I just ask myself what did I just watch after it ends.
    08-02-14 12:49 AM
    08-02-14 01:07 AM
    The main reason I believe is the price!. They need to change their marketing strategy and offer lower prices to gather maximum market. OS10 devices should come with additional accessories such as Pouch, Holsters or other equipments.

Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3247
    08-02-14 01:29 AM
    Japan? the country where large number of people still use flip phones?
    Oglon3r likes this.
    08-02-14 01:43 AM
    You guys kept worrying about sales. Sales there, sales here.

There's nothing you can do about it right now.
    (like.... seriously, NOTHING!)

Why would you invest more money on advertising or any other way of selling BlackBerry 10 phones if the product itself doesn't have enough level to compete with the other leading phone companies?

BlackBerry must build a convincing and a lot dominant phone against all of the phones and platforms before marketing it. Not like the passport. Its not for everybody. Its meant, designed, and built for businessmen who freaks out everyday and run around all over the place.

(like... "oh sh**! I gotta email this f***er. And oh, this f***er too! Ahh fek!, this guy too! And this and this and this and that!")

So... if I were them,
    - I will focus on software development,
    - let the software grow mature and stable,
    - add all the capabilities, functions, and features,
    - fine tune it as fine as the guys can,
    - keep trying to get app developers and make deals,
    - then I build an over speced hardware,
    - and I will not advertise it. I will just let the rich fanboys get it first and make them advertise it for FREEEEEE.
    Muahahahahhahahahahaha

Then, I will lower the price once I get my capital back and build another phone. Then sell it all over the world while a build store branches.

BlackBerry should scrap their road maps. There is no more highway lane for them left. They need to build their own trail in the bushes. They might as well take the skytrain or public transits.

But all in all, its easy to say but we don't exactly know what could be the possible risks and consequences of doing the sh!ts I have written above.

Lets just have faith in John,
    John "the captain" Chen.

Warning. This comment is not suitable for serious takers.
    Parental guidance is advised. If you have any problems about this comment, please contact your family doctor or your personal psychiatrist or call 911.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:38 AM
    Japan? the country where large number of people still use flip phones?
    I think they're considered sexy.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-02-14 06:40 AM
    The main reason is just all the negative perception regarding the brand 'BlackBerry'

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 07:00 AM
    BlackBerry needs to advertise it's unique selling positions a lot more!

Security
    Productivity
    The hub
    Multitasking

I experienced that most people just don't know BlackBerry also offers consumer smartphones!

Since the launch of BlackBerry10 I accomplished to persuade !8! People to use BlackBerry10 (family, friends..)!

Not a single one is complaining or regretting his choice! We've put up a little BlackBerry community down here in south Germany and everyone is advertising BlackBerry as hell!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    08-02-14 07:06 AM
    I was talking to a guy who works for a govt dept. His dept is currently upgrading their fleet of BlackBerry Phones. He says that he can get any phone he wants and is thinking of getting the latest Samsung to replace his old 9900.

He knew nothing about what phones BlackBerry has or will have. It is my understanding that the IT dept deals with the carriers and not BlackBerry. They are probably still on BES. Not sure.

BlackBerry should be using their PIN system to text advertise directly to legacy users. Is this an option ?? 9900 owners may be interested in the Q10 / Z30 or waiting for the Classic / Passport.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 08-02-14 at 08:54 AM.
    08-02-14 08:09 AM
    Well, metro pcs is very popular and its virtually an Android only carrier. Same with tmobile. None of them sell BlackBerry anymore. Also, the reps say they're lame. Maybe BlackBerry should bring out BlackBerry reps to the main stores to show off the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:11 AM
    Blackberry's focus is on the enterprise market. They can try to hit the consumer market, where Apple and Android devices are dominant, or they can focus on the enterprise market, where Blackberry still has a strong foothold, and a reasonable chance for success.
    If I'm a company with limited resources, I try and stack the deck where I can have the best possible chance for success.
    Once the new operating system has been fleshed out, and the company is reporting a regular quarterly profit, THEN they can attempt to pursue the consumer market. It's not that the general consumer isn't allowed to buy a Blackberry, it's just that Blackberry isn't focused on providing a device that lends itself to the social user as would an iPhone, or an Android.
    I think John Chen has a plan that will work. It's just going to take time to execute.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    08-02-14 12:01 PM
26 12