I think this commercial is really lame. I know if RIM came out with this. BB would be bashed on so quick.
    04-08-12 01:52 PM
    i actually think Samsung's commercials are the best. I like the one for the Galaxy Note that features the elephant.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBrmaE82uY4[/YT]
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    04-08-12 02:10 PM
    I like nokia but the idea of wp8 bumping off the iphone isn't going to happen too many people have had a bad experience with windows. I had windows face last night for a hour trying to do something that would take 5 minutes on linux or os10. No thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Our of curiosity... what were trying to do?
    04-08-12 02:14 PM
    Obviously a lot of thought, effort, and money went into this commercial - and Nokia Lumia 900 does look pretty snazzy - but the whole "was I a beta?" and "all smartphones were just test phones" things were pretty over the top. Sure, they made the commercial look good for Nokia; but I'm not really against brands belittling other smartphone brands to make theirs look superior (i.e. "We need tools, not toys" slogan). A pretty interesting commercial nonetheless.
    04-08-12 02:25 PM
    I really do not think it is possible to compare desktop Windows to Windows Phone at this point. Once Windows 8 is officially released, there will be more similarities. Currently, desktop Windows and Windows Phone are completely different.
    There will still be differences between the Intel and ARM versions of Win8, from what I'm reading. ARM versions will not have the same legacy compatibility that Intel will have. If most of the phones are ARM-based, it's going to be a confusing mess.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-08-12 02:29 PM
    Obviously a lot of thought, effort, and money went into this commercial - and Nokia Lumia 900 does look pretty snazzy - but the whole "was I a beta?" and "all smartphones were just test phones" things were pretty over the top. Sure, they made the commercial look good for Nokia; but I'm not really against brands belittling other smartphone brands to make theirs look superior (i.e. "We need tools, not toys" slogan). A pretty interesting commercial nonetheless.
    I agree with you. I don't even like the Samsung commercials showing the iPhone fans waiting in line outside the store.

The Samsung commercial for the Galaxy Note is good, because the Note is a huge device, but showing a huge animal (elephant) and "bigger is better" is creative. The ad also shows the elephant using the features on the device. Some people might like the stylus, and it is especially clever to show the elephant drawing with the stylus.
    04-08-12 02:30 PM
    There will still be differences between the Intel and ARM versions of Win8, from what I'm reading. ARM versions will not have the same legacy compatibility that Intel will have. If most of the phones are ARM-based, it's going to be a confusing mess.
    Not really.

Well, perhaps for you.
    04-08-12 02:31 PM
    I've heard that too. I also expect that there will be both Intel-based and ARM-based tablets available, which might even cause more confusion.
    04-08-12 02:32 PM
    I've heard that too. I also expect that there will be both Intel-based and ARM-based tablets available, which might even cause more confusion.
    Just a different compiler. i.e. building for armv6 and armv7 for iOS, it makes two binaries.

In this case it'll just make an armv7 and x86 binary into a single package which can be loaded on both ARM and Intel based devices.

Really don't see an issue here...
    04-08-12 03:16 PM
    Well, others do see an issue. Here's one example:

Can Windows on ARM Succeed?

Here's another that lists the issues you have just theorized your way through:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400055,00.asp
    04-08-12 03:53 PM
    Windows wouldn't recognize my sd card. Popped it in my ubuntu netbook read it just fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver on windows 7. No change reboot no change. Reformated sd card to ntfs no change. Rebooted again no change. Rebooted again and viola it recognized the card gotta love windows "Giving computer users migranes since 1985"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 07:18 PM
    On the old WP, once you inserted an sd card, the WP would format it as part of the phones main hard drive, thus rendering the sd card useless unless in said Windows phone.

That's why newer WP models don't even bother with expandable memory.
    04-08-12 07:46 PM
    lol this is epic!
    04-08-12 09:01 PM

apologies for digging up this slightly old thread. But i think these are insanely funny advertising by Nokia. hahaha. definitely leaves an impression.
    04-20-12 07:12 AM
    I dont like it when companies resort to bashing each other to advertise products.

The "beta test" is nonsense. Especially when there are tons of more capable devices than WP7 devices. If anything, WP7 feels like a beta due to the lack of features many of the other platforms have (not calling WP7 a beta, just a comparison).

The lumia is a beautiful device though. I can't stand Metro UI so I will most likely never own a Windows Phone.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-20-12 at 08:59 AM.
    harshalbid271 likes this.
    04-20-12 08:56 AM
    exactly my thoughts avt123
    avt123 likes this.
    04-20-12 08:57 AM
    I dont like it when companies resort to bashing each other to advertise products.

The "beta test" is nonsense. Especially when there are tons of more capable devices than WP7 devices. If anything, WP7 feels like a beta due to the lack of features many of the other platforms have (not calling WP7 a beta, just a comparison).

The lumia is a beautiful device though. I can't stand Metro UI so I will most likely never own a Windows Phone.
    Couldn't agree more.....for a change lol
    avt123 likes this.
    04-20-12 11:16 AM
    To the OP and original response, it's called "advertisements" (marketing).....it made you start a thread about Lumia 900 on a BlackBerry site.....go figure.
    04-20-12 11:26 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD