you forgot:
    The blog reviewers all corrupted and paid by Apple to bash Blackberry.
    The analysts that issue downgrades have agendas
    But when the exact same blogs, sites, firms, and anything else has something positive towards BB, they are suddenly omniscient.
    shaleem likes this.
    11-24-14 12:02 PM
    And we need more cool heads instead of fanatics on this forum... oh wait.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    And I am a hot head? Evidence please.
    11-24-14 12:02 PM
    I do not own an iPhone. Thanks.

Really? Tell me more about me please. I like reality. There needs to be more of it here. Like it was in the old days.
    Don't waste your time. Some folks aren't really open minded enough to understand that offering an opinion that isn't the same as theirs isn't trolling. They will call users of other phones "fanboys" and verbally destroy other devices and think that is ok, but get their shorts in a wad if one dares to not march lock step with what they think. I've been here a long time and I've been a BlackBerry user for a long time .... and I still am ...however, I also use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I really like it too. My hope is that BlackBerry comes out with something on that order. To all those who can't take hearing another opinion ....my signature says it all.
    11-24-14 12:55 PM
    I'm personally glad that Bakron did what he did.
    A liar is a liar no matter where he/she is or what he/she is doing. And allowing a liar to continue lying merely speaks to the general degradation of society. I will continue to politely correct someone whenever I see this as well.
    But there's a difference between correcting somebody and publicly shaming them. A salesperson's ignorance is a problem that goes beyond the employee, moreso to carrier's management and/or BlackBerry itself.

It's not our job to play heroes. Especially at this time when BlackBerry's CEO made it clear that consumers are of lesser importance in the company's growth strategy.
    11-24-14 01:00 PM
    I'm personally glad that Bakron did what he did.
    A liar is a liar no matter where he/she is or what he/she is doing. And allowing a liar to continue lying merely speaks to the general degradation of society. I will continue to politely correct someone whenever I see this as well.
    What exactly made the guy a liar versus simply being uninformed/incorrect? Diplomacy goes a long way. Getting uppity with the salesman would do little better than ensure that he's even less likely to do any favors for the next person that may be interested in a BB device because he now has a prejudice against rabid BB fans.
    shaleem likes this.
    11-24-14 01:12 PM
    But there's a difference between correcting somebody and publicly shaming them. A salesperson's ignorance is a problem that goes beyond the employee, moreso to carrier's management and/or BlackBerry itself.

It's not our job to play heroes. Especially at this time when BlackBerry's CEO made it clear that consumers are of lesser importance in the company's growth strategy.
    Bakron said he did it politely. I trust that this is true. I also used that word. Politely...
    The sales person was dead wrong, and if he didn't know that, it is his boss/managers responsibility to educate the staff. Nobody is asking you to do anything at all. Bakron (and I) are happy to politely correct people if we see fit.
    world saviour likes this.
    11-24-14 02:38 PM
    What exactly made the guy a liar versus simply being uninformed/incorrect? Diplomacy goes a long way. Getting uppity with the salesman would do little better than ensure that he's even less likely to do any favors for the next person that may be interested in a BB device because he now has a prejudice against rabid BB fans.
    Perhaps "liar" is too strong a word. I apologize.
    Again, to politely correct someone who is dispensing 100% incorrect information should never be considered a problem. The fact that the guy lost a sale should teach him and his boss/manager something useful.
    shaleem likes this.
    11-24-14 02:42 PM
    Wow! I didn't mean to cause any problems because I spoke what was on my mind at the time? By the way I do know the manager of the store and he knows that I speak what's on my mind and I would never do anything to affect his business.

I am a business person myself and I have spent a small fortune in his store, I did bring it to his attention about one his employees spreading misinformation, so everything is good. They all know I am a loyal BlackBerry user and nothing is taken personal.

As a member of this forum I have always tried to be fair and objective. I love the folks who actively contribute to the site and I hope folks enjoy the feedback and experiences I have had using my BlackBerry device.

I will always keep preaching the BlackBerry brand here in the USA as long as there are folks who have an open mind and want something that will improve their user experience.

Sent from my Lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    11-24-14 02:55 PM
    As a member of this forum I have always tried to be fair and objective. I love the folks who actively contribute to the site and I hope folks enjoy the feedback and experiences I have had using my BlackBerry device.

Sent from my Lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    Thanks! :-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-24-14 03:26 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

guess what? As my contract is expiring in a couple of months I decided to call T-Mobile here in Germany to ask if they carry the passport or the Classic.

I thought the telephone guy TROLLED me, but he was serious.

As I asked if they carry any of new models he said:" Hold on please, I must look through so many iPhones..." Sigh....

"Hm, we only carry the BB 9700 and the Z30. It is a touch screen device which..."

"Yeah, I know what the Z30 can, mister. What about the passport?"

"No can do. As you know Blackberry is not very popular. It is dying because everybody wants touch devices and modern smartphones."

BOOM! As an intense person I had some ROID Rage. I tried to stay calm, finding out if the chump wants to troll me. But he was dead serious.

"Any news, when you guys will carry the passport or the Classic?"

"No, as stated. Blackberry is nearly dying and not that popular..."

"Sir, this is not true! Last year you could say that Blackberry is nearly on its arse. But they made the turn around. They have a new CEO and had a very good year. Check out Amazon and the ratings for the Passport."

"Well, I work here many years and I know that Blackberry is not doing very well."

"You are wrong again. As stated, last year yes. But this year they are doing very well. I dont want an Iphone. I need a new Blackberry. Please check your information before you stating out false informations."

"Well, I am afraid. We have no new Blackberrys. Maybe next year."

"thank you."

Yes, this is a phone conversation I had. With a premium carrier telling false informations. I was amazed and had to post that here...

But I guess I take it with humour. Sheeple will always stay sheeple. Why doing a research when I am feeded by the MSM, right?

What a downfall. Really. Well, I don't care. But when Iphone/Android/MSM-hipster want to tell you BS, I can't stand that. It feels wrong and so I will defend my opinion and want to look the opposite as a fool. I told him, to check his facts. At the end he acted as a politician and doesn't wanted to answer my questions or defending his false facts

But it shows, that the brand awarness here is still "pre-historic". I am proud not having a sheeple phone, and I won't get one in 1000 years.

BB for life.

Sorry for the rant. LULZ!
    It is surprising how clueless some people are,
    BlackBerry sponsor the world champion (German F1 team) and yet a guy in a German mobile phone shop doesn't have a clue.

Paid buttons to know FA unfortunately.

? Z10
    11-24-14 04:04 PM
    It is surprising how clueless some people are,
    BlackBerry sponsor the world champion (German F1 team) and yet a guy in a German mobile phone shop doesn't have a clue.
    Just because BlackBerry put their logo on a race car, it doesn't mean that it changes the public perception that they're almost dead due to dwindling market & mind share.

They ended up sponsoring a champion, which worked out well. But it was obviously a waste of advertising budget.
    11-24-14 04:20 PM
    The fact that the guy lost a sale should teach him and his boss/manager something useful.
    If you were in that salesperson's shoes, whether you were doing the right thing or not in someone else's eyes, you wouldn't appreciate a third party interrupting your conversation with your customer. Especially when you're trying to put food on your table.

It's really sad that BlackBerry users feel the need to resort to such tactics.
    shaleem and DenverRalphy like this.
    11-24-14 04:27 PM
    If you were in that salesperson's shoes, whether you were doing the right thing or not in someone else's eyes, you wouldn't appreciate a third party interrupting your conversation with your customer. Especially when you're trying to put food on your table.

It's really sad that BlackBerry users feel the need to resort to such tactics.
    If I was in that salesperson's shoes I would not say things that are untrue, and therefore not find myself in such an unfortunate situation.
    Even though I prefer BB over Apple or Android devices I would never tell a customer a lie about them, and if I didn't know the answer I would NOT make up BS, I would go and find the answer. To do anything other than that is poor service to the customer, and that is what you are there to do.
    shaleem and spikesolie like this.
    11-24-14 05:40 PM
    If I was in that salesperson's shoes I would not say things that are untrue, and therefore not find myself in such an unfortunate situation.
    Even though I prefer BB over Apple or Android devices I would never tell a customer a lie about them, and if I didn't know the answer I would NOT make up BS, I would go and find the answer. To do anything other than that is poor service to the customer, and that is what you are there to do.
    I knew you'd come back with an answer like that, which doesn't really address my point. Salespeople give out incorrect information quite frequently. Sometimes deliberately. Do you think every salesperson (no matter what they're selling) is completely knowledgeable about their products and industries? I'm not saying it's excusable. But it doesn't give bystanders the right to interject in a transaction that has nothing to do with them. Especially if their main motivation is to be an advocate of the brand.
    11-24-14 08:00 PM
    I knew you'd come back with an answer like that, which doesn't really address my point. Salespeople give out incorrect information quite frequently. Sometimes deliberately. Do you think every salesperson (no matter what they're selling) is completely knowledgeable about their products and industries? I'm not saying it's excusable. But it doesn't give bystanders the right to interject in a transaction that has nothing to do with them. Especially if their main motivation is to be an advocate of the brand.
    If sales people give out incorrect information, sometimes deliberately then they are either poorly trained or poorly managed... or both. What gives a sales person the right to be deliberately misleading, whilst I have no right to correct it?
    It's simple. Train your people properly, and manage them properly. Weed out the lazy, the liars, and run your business straight up.
    11-24-14 10:39 PM
    If sales people give out incorrect information, sometimes deliberately then they are either poorly trained or poorly managed... or both. What gives a sales person the right to be deliberately misleading, whilst I have no right to correct it?
    It's simple. Train your people properly, and manage them properly. Weed out the lazy, the liars, and run your business straight up.
    I agree for the most part. What I disagree with is public shaming of an individual whose ignorance stems from BlackBerry's negligence over the past few years. That just doesn't make sense. We as BlackBerry users should be above that kind of behaviour.
    11-24-14 10:52 PM
    I agree for the most part. What I disagree with is public shaming of an individual whose ignorance stems from BlackBerry's negligence over the past few years. That just doesn't make sense. We as BlackBerry users should be above that kind of behaviour.
    How is the salesperson and/or his/her manager and company supposed to fix something they don't know is wrong? If the polite correction by me or others (and I mean polite) causes shame, then that's their problem. And it's a problem that needs fixing. An honest/decent/pro would find a way to thank you and use that to help segue into a sale.
    2 months ago I took my unfortunately dead Z30 into the store I got it from for warranty repair. I said with a smile on my face "it's a sad day in BlackBerry land". The lady behind the counter said "Every day is a sad day in BlackBerry land".
    As her manager, what would you do?
    Educate her to better company policy?
    Encourage her to say more snotty things to customers?
    Tell her to keep her personal bias in check?
    Give her a raise for being intentionally misleading?

I would give her two more chances and tell her if that attitude continued I would have no choice but to let her go.
    What would you do?
    11-24-14 11:13 PM
    As a customer I would take note of that and bring it to the attention of the manager. I'd point out that they shouldn't be saying disparaging things about products they sell or companies they align with. I'd even offer to sit down and have a three way conversation at a later date to try to bring a greater understanding to the issue. But I would never cause a scene by making someone feel like crap in front of their peers or fellow patrons. And taking pleasure in that to boot.
    11-24-14 11:34 PM
    canuckvoip, how much responsibility does a T-Mo rep have towards a phone brand they do not carry?
    11-24-14 11:36 PM
    As a customer I would take note of that and bring it to the attention of the manager. I'd point out that they shouldn't be saying disparaging things about products they sell or companies they align with. I'd even offer to sit down and have a three way conversation at a later date to try to bring a greater understanding to the issue. But I would never cause a scene by making someone feel like crap in front of their peers or fellow patrons. And taking pleasure in that to boot.
    So you're OK with the fact that I politely told her that I was extremely happy with my phone and software of choice, and that I was kidding about being a sad day. And that there's nothing I'm missing out on (for me) by owning a BB?
    And you're fine with the fact that I emailed the owner/manager with an exact transcription (no spit on the ball) and suggested he have a word with her? And that I didn't appreciate my tech choices being belittled? You know... all normal human stuff?
    11-24-14 11:59 PM
    canuckvoip, how much responsibility does a T-Mo rep have towards a phone brand they do not carry?
    If they do not carry the device I am looking for, then all I can suggest is that they do not lie or mislead. And I might choose to encourage them to carry it if I was tied to them somehow.
    If I walk into a store that carries musical instruments and hear some sales person telling somebody that PRS no longer makes guitars, or they are going out of business I'll do the same thing. I will correct them. Politely. BS offends me.
    m1a1mg and wincyUt like this.
    11-25-14 12:06 AM
    So you're OK with the fact that I politely told her that I was extremely happy with my phone and software of choice, and that I was kidding about being a sad day. And that there's nothing I'm missing out on (for me) by owning a BB?
    And you're fine with the fact that I emailed the owner/manager with an exact transcription (no spit on the ball) and suggested he have a word with her? And that I didn't appreciate my tech choices being belittled? You know... all normal human stuff?
    Yup, because you didn't belittle her the way Bakron did to that salesperson. You didn't cause a scene nor take pleasure in negatively affecting somebody's livelihood. I bet most of the members of this community would disagree with your methods.
    11-25-14 06:17 AM
    Yup, because you didn't belittle her the way Bakron did to that salesperson. You didn't cause a scene nor take pleasure in negatively affecting somebody's livelihood. I bet most of the members of this community would disagree with your methods.
    The "truth is often bitter" but it is necessary. IMHO "Bakron" did the right thing. Blatant BS or IGNORANCE is never acceptable.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    11-25-14 08:26 AM
    Since you have a Passport and are on T-Mobile, do you have any idea if 10.3.1 has / will have wi-fi calling? I'm a T-Mo customer too but service by my house and some buildings at work is bad. I have a Z10 and use wi-fi calling to help in these areas. Since it was a T-Mo feature, given the nature of their BlackBerry relationship, I was hoping soon that BlackBerry would come up with their own.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:29 AM
    Other fansites have...

1/ No NSA/American government conspiracies.
    2/ No short seller/stock market bashing.
    3/ No media bashing and no #BBFactCheck.
    4/ No random app/website bashing (like for Facebook, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc.) that doesn't directly compete with the fan product.
    5/ No bashing of users with device issues. "My phone works fine" is a very Crackberry phenomenon.
    6/ No idolizing of figures like Heins, Prem Watsa, and Chen.

Overall, the tone of Crackberry is very different from other fansites, including WebOS and Symbian ones. Points #1, #4 and 6 illustrate this most markedly .
    Um, in Symbian heyday, Symbian-Freak forum did exactly #1,#4, & #6 above. Actually it did all but #3 above.

Either way out of should've pointed out that the German government uses a BlackBerry with touch capabilites and is modern.

Maybe that is the root of this hipster craze issue supported by mindless media.

What is a modern Smart Phone?

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    world saviour likes this.
    11-25-14 09:02 AM
108 12345