Ladies and Gentlemen,

guess what? As my contract is expiring in a couple of months I decided to call T-Mobile here in Germany to ask if they carry the passport or the Classic.

I thought the telephone guy TROLLED me, but he was serious.

As I asked if they carry any of new models he said:" Hold on please, I must look through so many iPhones..." Sigh....

"Hm, we only carry the BB 9700 and the Z30. It is a touch screen device which..."

"Yeah, I know what the Z30 can, mister. What about the passport?"

"No can do. As you know Blackberry is not very popular. It is dying because everybody wants touch devices and modern smartphones."

BOOM! As an intense person I had some ROID Rage. I tried to stay calm, finding out if the chump wants to troll me. But he was dead serious.

"Any news, when you guys will carry the passport or the Classic?"

"No, as stated. Blackberry is nearly dying and not that popular..."

"Sir, this is not true! Last year you could say that Blackberry is nearly on its arse. But they made the turn around. They have a new CEO and had a very good year. Check out Amazon and the ratings for the Passport."

"Well, I work here many years and I know that Blackberry is not doing very well."

"You are wrong again. As stated, last year yes. But this year they are doing very well. I dont want an Iphone. I need a new Blackberry. Please check your information before you stating out false informations."

"Well, I am afraid. We have no new Blackberrys. Maybe next year."

"thank you."

Yes, this is a phone conversation I had. With a premium carrier telling false informations. I was amazed and had to post that here...

But I guess I take it with humour. Sheeple will always stay sheeple. Why doing a research when I am feeded by the MSM, right?

What a downfall. Really. Well, I don't care. But when Iphone/Android/MSM-hipster want to tell you BS, I can't stand that. It feels wrong and so I will defend my opinion and want to look the opposite as a fool. I told him, to check his facts. At the end he acted as a politician and doesn't wanted to answer my questions or defending his false facts

But it shows, that the brand awarness here is still "pre-historic". I am proud not having a sheeple phone, and I won't get one in 1000 years.

BB for life.

Sorry for the rant. LULZ!
    11-22-14 02:49 PM
    Its been demonstrated here countless times the customer service from carriers know little beyond their main product lines. BB is doing even worse in Germany than in the States so there is a kernal of truth from the German perspective just not the whole truth.
    11-22-14 02:59 PM
    Its been demonstrated here countless times the customer service from carriers know little beyond their main product lines. BB is doing even worse in Germany than in the States so there is a kernal of truth from the German perspective just not the whole truth.
    I really wonder if these "slaves" are turning their brains on. If I would work there, I would do my research based on facts. Visiting blogs, checking amazon rates and user states, etc.

It looks like they're brainwashed hipsters with no knowledge whatsoever. Who the F* wants an Iphone?????? I would not take one if it for free? BUt thats another story.

But as stated, saying that BB is dying? he got my attention.
    Last edited by Fistmaster; 11-22-14 at 03:28 PM.
    11-22-14 03:02 PM
    None of the this should surprise anyone by now.... the truth is BB for the foreseeable future will be a Niche business device... and is being marketed as such...... that being said... calling any carrier focusing on consumer products... it would appear that way.,.. and in essence is actually not far from the truth in the consumer market... Blackberry is fast moving away from the carrier model......for the next couple of years... we can only hope the Blackberry faithful keep the consumer market going until BB rights the ship.... we really need go move away from viewing BB as a consumer and device company... and see it though Chen's vision.....
    m1a1mg, boi2012 and ponpiri like this.
    11-22-14 03:12 PM
    None of the this should surprise anyone by now.... the truth is BB for the foreseeable future will be a Niche business device... and is being marketed as such...... that being said... calling any carrier focusing on consumer products... it would appear that way.,.. and in essence is actually not far from the truth in the consumer market... Blackberry is fast moving away from the carrier model......for the next couple of years... we can only hope the Blackberry faithful keep the consumer market going until BB rights the ship.... we really need go move away from viewing BB as a consumer and device company... and see it though Chen's vision.....
    I will also get Blackberrys only on Amazon and pay cash. I am not into pain or SM and will call ever this carrier for Blackberrys again. How offensive, really.

At the very end you got to your research and buy. Period. Imagine relying on those "educated" guys Same when you go into a big buck store. Don't ask which laptop to pick up, or mobile. They will tell you BS and sell you an Iphone or other Mainstream-Crap.

But what if your contract is expiring and you are in for a free / subventioned device? And you want a Blackberry and he tells you fairytales?
    stavwoz likes this.
    11-22-14 03:32 PM
    Being from the USA I have seen and witness this countless times. The young folks here in the T Mobile stores are all pro Android and Apple iPhone.

I have interrupted many times when I hear the salesperson tell a customer that BlackBerry is out of business. Just recently I was in a local store and overheard the sale people giving misinformation to a customer who wanted a BlackBerry Q10.

The person wanted two of them for his daughter and son and when the salesperson said that BlackBerry was no longer making phones, I politely pulled out my passport and said does this look like they are out of business!!!!!

As I watched their faces fall to the floor, I proceeded to bring up BlackBerry USA in the browser and show the man that he can buy the z30 and the new passport unlocked for a great price.

He thanked me for showing him the site and told the salesperson to forget it and he was going to buy them online and when the salesperson looked at me with a angry look on their face, my reply was simple, serves you right!!!! I smiled and left.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-22-14 03:33 PM
    I really wonder if these "slaves" are turning their brains on. If I would work there, I would do my research based on facts. Visiting blogs, checking amazon rates and user states, etc.

It looks like they're brainwashed hipsters with no knowledge whatsoever. Who the F* wants an Iphone?????? I would not take one if it for free? BUt thats another story.

With your diligence you'd be on a management track, for most of these people its a job amongst many other jobs they'll have during their work life span. They pay attention to whats mentioned in team meetings but thats about it.
    11-22-14 03:35 PM
    Being from the USA I have seen and witness this countless times. The young folks here in the T Mobile stores are all pro Android and Apple iPhone.

I have interrupted many times when I hear the salesperson tell a customer that BlackBerry is out of business. Just recently I was in a local store and overheard the sale people giving misinformation to a customer who wanted a BlackBerry Q10.

The person wanted two of them for his daughter and son and when the salesperson said that BlackBerry was no longer making phones, I politely pulled out my passport and said does this look like they are out of business!!!!!

As I watched their faces fall to the floor, I proceeded to bring up BlackBerry USA in the browser and show the man that he can buy the z30 and the new passport unlocked for a great price.

He thanked me for showing him the site and told the salesperson to forget it and he was going to buy them online and when the salesperson looked at me with a angry look on their face, my reply was simple, serves you right!!!! I smiled and left.

Post of the month here, fine Sir.

What a great action. I really wonder what is going on with these sales persons telling fairytales and lies?

You trolled him very good! I feel better now in a way.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    11-22-14 03:37 PM
    With your diligence you'd be on a management track, for most of these people its a job amongst many other jobs they'll have during their work life span. They pay attention to whats mentioned in team meetings but thats about it.

Seems to be that answer to my question. LOL.
    11-22-14 03:38 PM
    You could also answer that Deutsche Telekom will eventually get rid of T-Mobile (and be dismantled by the new acquirer) well before BlackBerry even become insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:50 PM
    Gee. Another thread in a long line of threads about how employees of companies like T Mobile, AT&T, Version, Bell, Rogers, etc. have no knowledge of BlackBerry. What a surprise.

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Note 3
    11-22-14 04:05 PM
    Blackberry needs a Dirty Harry salesman to visit carriers.

(Clint Eastwoods voice.)

"this is the blackberry passport, .....one of the most powerful mobile devices in the world,..
    It can blow your skinny jeans clean off,..now you have to ask yourself,...do you feel lucky,...well...do you..
    Punk."

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:07 PM
    "No can do. As you know Blackberry is not very popular. It is dying because everybody wants touch devices and modern smartphones."

BOOM! As an intense person I had some ROID Rage. I tried to stay calm, finding out if the chump wants to troll me. But he was dead serious.

"Sir, this is not true! Last year you could say that Blackberry is nearly on its arse. But they made the turn around. They have a new CEO and had a very good year. Check out Amazon and the ratings for the Passport."

"Well, I work here many years and I know that Blackberry is not doing very well."

"You are wrong again. As stated, last year yes. But this year they are doing very well. I dont want an Iphone. I need a new Blackberry. Please check your information before you stating out false informations."
    What part of the bolded part is untrue? A minimal percent of the market buying BB indicates he must know something you don't.

Get mad all you want, but if you haven't figured out yet that the carriers in many countries, especially the US (and apparently Germany), don't support BB as a consumer device. If you knew that before calling, then you were just looking for something to get mad about. Congratulations, you found it.

Were I to check out the ratings for the Passport on Amazon, it would immediately become evident to me that an overwhelming majority of the 5 star reviews are NOT from verified buyers.
    11-22-14 04:15 PM
    As far the the reviews on Amazon, I think they are from folks who actually own a passport.

I am from the USA and I know of at least 40 people who do own one here and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-22-14 05:35 PM
    What part of the bolded part is untrue?
    Hmmm...where to begin.

Well, first of all a company that is gaining in stock price, selling out it's latest product, buying other companies, landing contracts with governments, and have millions of units in service, is not......at least by my definition....dying.

There's number one.

Here's number two:

"because everybody wants touch devices and modern smartphones".

First, he has no way of knowing what "everybody" wants. He's purely guessing or being purely hyperbolic.
    Second, ALL BlackBerry's produced are touch devices
    Third, the latest blackberry's are more modern in many ways than many other phones in production.
    Fourth, they are smartphones more capable of being smart than others that require apps to do almost anything.

And....moving on to.....

"nearly dying and not that popular.

Again, the dying part we've covered. "Not that popular" is purely a subjective analysis and meaningless to the person who DOES want the phone.

And finally....

"I know that Blackberry is not doing very well"

Compared to what? Again, purely subjective analysis meant to do nothing but use generic phrases and the "cool" factor to scare someone off.
    11-22-14 05:36 PM
    I would not take one if it for free? BUt thats another story.

I would definitely take one for free, sell it, and buy a Classic to join my Passport

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-22-14 05:42 PM
    For a business that has been dying for four or five years now, BlackBerry looks pretty alive to me. I'm on T-Mobile USA, and since I can use any device on its network that I want, I do. I don't care what the herd is doing; I'm not part of it. All I need is the SIM and I go my way.
    LuisCast, wincyUt and bungaboy like this.
    11-22-14 05:46 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

guess what? As my contract is expiring in a couple of months I decided to call T-Mobile here in Germany to ask if they carry the passport or the Classic.

I thought the telephone guy TROLLED me, but he was serious.

As I asked if they carry any of new models he said:" Hold on please, I must look through so many iPhones..." Sigh....

"Hm, we only carry the BB 9700 and the Z30. It is a touch screen device which..."

"Yeah, I know what the Z30 can, mister. What about the passport?"

"Well, I am afraid. We have no new Blackberrys. Maybe next year."

"thank you."

Yes, this is a phone conversation I had. With a premium carrier telling false informations. I was amazed and had to post that here...

But I guess I take it with humour. Sheeple will always stay sheeple. Why doing a research when I am feeded by the MSM, right?

What a downfall. Really. Well, I don't care. But when Iphone/Android/MSM-hipster want to tell you BS, I can't stand that. It feels wrong and so I will defend my opinion and want to look the opposite as a fool. I told him, to check his facts. At the end he acted as a politician and doesn't wanted to answer my questions or defending his false facts

But it shows, that the brand awarness here is still "pre-historic". I am proud not having a sheeple phone, and I won't get one in 1000 years.

BB for life.

Sorry for the rant. LULZ!
    I guess TMO across the world are not allowed to carry the new BlackBerry devices...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 05:56 PM

How could you have had such conversation if T-mobile no longer carries Blackberry?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-22-14 09:23 PM
    Nokia was also "dying" for years before it sold off its loss-making mobile device division to Microsoft. The company is now profitable again without that albatross around its neck. Symbian and Meego fans and later WinPhone fans were ranting on and on about how strong Nokia really was, how much better its products were compared to iDroids, then boom! The only people laughing were the shareholders who got some decent money from Microsoft.

The same delusions flow strong in Crackberryland...
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-22-14 09:58 PM
    How could you have had such conversation if T-mobile no longer carries Blackberry?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, CB is the Penthouse Forums for cellphones.
    early2bed and app_Developer like this.
    11-22-14 10:16 PM
    Because some folks aren't aware they don't stock then in the stores anymore. Not everyone is up on the latest tech news.

spikesolie and ponpiri like this.
    11-23-14 03:45 AM
    Like I have said in several of my post, BlackBerry needs some ambassadors here in the USA and I would gladly be one.

Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-23-14 03:46 AM
    When people spread F.U.D. and/or misinformation about BlackBerry or the carrier I'm on (since they're small and independent), I'll definitely speak up and educate people, telling them to test it out for themselves before making such a decision based on some ignorant fool from a big carrier. If they say BlackBerry is out of business, not making smartphones or selling out, I'll show the website too. I'll google them right in front of the fobbers. Edited to correct.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-23-14 04:50 AM
    Really hate stupid, ignorant people

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:48 AM
108 123 ...