Hey, folks.

As some of you may know, when the Z10 launched here last March, Globe Telecom (a carrier) got exclusive distribution rights for the LTE-capable Z10. Neither its competitor Smart Communications nor any official BlackBerry retailers (i.e. not carrier-affiliated, like MobileOne) carry the LTE version (just the 3G one). I'm guessing someone at BlackBerry Philippines had overlooked this.

Now that the Q10 has also officially launched here, a couple of questions:

1) Has BlackBerry Philippines started rolling out the LTE-capable Z10 through its official retailers yet? If not, does it have plans to?

2) Globe is offering the LTE-capable Q10. No word from Smart, yet. What about BlackBerry's official retailers?

Though I'm a Globe user, I prefer not to be locked into a 2-year contract when purchasing a phone (so I can trade up to the new BlackBerry smartphones as they hit the market hihi). If BlackBerry offers the 4G versions through official retailers, I'd definitely go for that.
    06-12-13 07:00 AM
    Hey, folks.

As some of you may know, when the Z10 launched here last March, Globe Telecom (a carrier) got exclusive distribution rights for the LTE-capable Z10. Neither its competitor Smart Communications nor any official BlackBerry retailers (i.e. not carrier-affiliated, like MobileOne) carry the LTE version (just the 3G one). I'm guessing someone at BlackBerry Philippines had overlooked this.

Now that the Q10 has also officially launched here, a couple of questions:

1) Has BlackBerry Philippines started rolling out the LTE-capable Z10 through its official retailers yet? If not, does it have plans to?

2) Globe is offering the LTE-capable Q10. No word from Smart, yet. What about BlackBerry's official retailers?

Though I'm a Globe user, I prefer not to be locked into a 2-year contract when purchasing a phone (so I can trade up to the new BlackBerry smartphones as they hit the market hihi). If BlackBerry offers the 4G versions through official retailers, I'd definitely go for that.
    I'd certainly hope that they would bring you the advanced capability versions so that you can use LTE as it comes on line.
    06-21-13 11:34 PM
    anyone can confirm BBMAX working with q10? thanks! thats the only consideration im taking in purchasing a q10. though im a loyal bb user..its hard to imagine turning on/ off the mobile data just to get updates from fb and twitter. otherwise.. ill just get a 9320 instead. thanks!
    06-25-13 08:43 PM
    Raymond, Hi!

I had been using Globe BBMax on Q10 for last 2 months and never had any problem. I did check with Globe if BBMax is applicable for Z&Q 10 and the answer I got is NO. According to globe, BB10 is data hungry and therefore we should get a full data plan.

I am waiting to see if globe will ask me to change my plan. I didn't notice anything unusual in my last 2 bills. I'm sure, soon they will notice my data usage and alert me..
    07-13-13 09:53 PM
    Raymond, Hi!

I had been using Globe BBMax on Q10 for last 2 months and never had any problem. I did check with Globe if BBMax is applicable for Z&Q 10 and the answer I got is NO. According to globe, BB10 is data hungry and therefore we should get a full data plan.

I am waiting to see if globe will ask me to change my plan. I didn't notice anything unusual in my last 2 bills. I'm sure, soon they will notice my data usage and alert me..
    thanks Ji k g for the reply =) ... yes, that is very confusing. iba iba sinasabi ng globe. yesterday i called a CSR. sabi kasi sa akin before ONLY supersurf will work (though testimonials like yours basically negates it) sa q10. pero sabi kahapon if ever i decide to change my regular postpaid sim to LTE..i can avail of their LTE services for only 599!! its added booster lang daw kasi.
    07-15-13 08:07 PM
    As of now you can only acquire lte units from

1.) Globe
    2.) Gray market resellers

This is what an exclusive distribution partnership entails. BlackBerry has been with Globe for the longest time so I'm not surprised they managed to get this lock down.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:16 PM
    Raymond, Hi!

Hi, I'm with Globe and is currently enrolled to their Blackberry UnliSurf Combo 599. Customer support tells me that my current subscription is not applicable to the Q10. Instead advising me to avail Supersurf.

Your experience seems a good news. How was your bill while using your BBMax but with Q10, any spike or extra charges on data?
    10-24-13 12:14 AM
    I'm with SMART. Their BlackBerry plan is more awesome! I mean, I'm currently in plan 1800 All In. I registered by BBM Full for only 599 a month. It's a full BlackBerry experienced. Plus I have 1200 to consume for calls and text but I also register with their call and text promo. I think I still have 600 worth of unused load every month. I'm with plan 1800 since 6 years ago, so I just maintained it. My BlackBerry is 4G only.
    10-24-13 12:32 AM
    BlackBerry units in Philippines are very expensive on locked contracts, bettet buy an open line and subscribe

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:38 AM
    Unless you're on a re-contract I would suggest you buy at Online Sellers. Kimstore would be a good start. Also ask if they have the STL100-2 Variant as this is the particular LTE variant of the Z10. I think it's around PHP 15k - 18k at the moment.
    10-24-13 12:43 AM
    BlackBerry units in Philippines are very expensive on locked contracts, bettet buy an open line and subscribe

Posted via CB10
    Any word on the official 10.2 release from Globe?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:35 AM
    Any word on the official 10.2 release from Globe?

Posted via CB10
    No idea yet but as per Blackberry hopefully this week!
    10-24-13 02:30 AM
    Globe is already rolling out 10.2.

Z10 | Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791 | Globe PH
    10-24-13 02:49 AM
    I got my z10 for only 11k though purchased it from dubai folks if you have a friend..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:46 AM