There are definitely some things that need to be addressed.

First of all, sometimes I feel like the linear keyboard is a bit of a hassle. Before, when the keys were curved, I felt as if I could reach the outer keys easier. For example, when I go type the letter "a", it feels a but uncomfortable. Not enough to make a huge difference but its one I definitely feel.

Secondly, I want my shortcuts back. Before I could long hold the "q" key and viola, my phone would either go silent or vibrate. Its been how long since os10 has come out? This is just unacceptable at the time. Its not even as if this is some revolutionary feature, its been on many BlackBerry before.

Lastly, I don't like how the keyboard "clicks". Call me nick picky but I really loved the feel that u got from the old curve. For the bold/q series I know they are trying to get a more premium feel but quite frankly, I had a better time typing on the q5 than the q10. I am unfamiliar behind the mechanics on how the keyboard feels but I wish that it had a bit more of a cushion. Sometimes when I am typing something out, it just doesn't feel right. It does not make sense that a lower tier phone has a keyboard that feels better to type on. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. When os7 came out, I had a dirty confession. The curve felt so much better to type on than my 9700 but it made no sense at all. Why is the cheaper phone getting the better keyboard? Dunno the reasoning behind that...or maybe its just me. Let me know in the comments, I would really like to here your opinions.

I applaud you for reading such a long forum post.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    05-08-14 12:09 AM
    There are definitely some things that need to be addressed.

First of all, sometimes I feel like the linear keyboard is a bit of a hassle. Before, when the keys were curved, I felt as if I could reach the outer keys easier. For example, when I go type the letter "a", it feels a but uncomfortable. Not enough to make a huge difference but its one I definitely feel.

Secondly, I want my shortcuts back. Before I could long hold the "q" key and viola, my phone would either go silent or vibrate. Its been how long since os10 has come out? This is just unacceptable at the time. Its not even as if this is some revolutionary feature, its been on many BlackBerry before.

Lastly, I don't like how the keyboard "clicks". Call me nick picky but I really loved the feel that u got from the old curve. For the bold/q series I know they are trying to get a more premium feel but quite frankly, I had a better time typing on the q5 than the q10. I am unfamiliar behind the mechanics on how the keyboard feels but I wish that it had a bit more of a cushion. Sometimes when I am typing something out, it just doesn't feel right. It does not make sense that a lower tier phone has a keyboard that feels better to type on. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. When os7 came out, I had a dirty confession. The curve felt so much better to type on than my 9700 but it made no sense at all. Why is the cheaper phone getting the better keyboard? Dunno the reasoning behind that...or maybe its just me. Let me know in the comments, I would really like to here your opinions.

I applaud you for reading such a long forum post.

Posted via CB10
    Most Q10 users doesn't complain about the build quality of the device esp. the keyboard. About the shortcuts, I think they should bring them back. Also "better" is subjective. Whatever feels right for you is "better". That's why I suggest that if you love the 9900 keyboard, you should go back. I know someone who once owned a Q10 that got back to his 9900 because he just feels more comfortable with it.
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-08-14 12:32 AM
    Most Q10 users doesn't complain about the build quality of the device esp. the keyboard. About the shortcuts, I think they should bring them back. Also "better" is subjective. Whatever feels right for you is "better". That's why I suggest that if you love the 9900 keyboard, you should go back. I know someone who once owned a Q10 that got back to his 9900 because he just feels more comfortable with it.
    Tbh I would go back to the 9900 but I really don't wanna deal with that damn black clock of lag.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:05 AM
    In my opinion, some people write better on a Curve/Q5 because of the space between the buttons. I personally love the Bold keyboards and tried the Q10, which feels somewhat strange but probably something to just get used to. I would advice you to try the Z keyboards. It had me at hello after using all the Bolds and one Curve for years.
    05-08-14 12:45 PM
    Tbh I would go back to the 9900 but I really don't wanna deal with that damn black clock of lag.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.Apart from the good looks,it was not at all fit for use.Terrible battery back up,buggy OS,clock hour,battery pull,scratch friendly back cover..long list...when I upgraded to q10 finally I felt I made the right decision

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-08-14 01:13 PM
    I don't mind the straight keyboard of my Q10 but I agree the curved keyboard of the 9900 (loved it) was just a bit more efficient. Yes having the long press on the q was awesome to switch to silent/vibrate. Bring it back please.
    05-08-14 01:21 PM
    They should definitely bring back the shortcuts. A for lock, Q for vibrate. And a shortcut to password lock your phone. (Exists as Alt + Enter on legacy devices if u deactivate the option to switch languages)
    05-08-14 01:22 PM