I lost my phone in an accident. All's safe, but I still lost my phone(Bold 9700) .

And I have been backing up my phone's contact details, photos, etc on the BB desktop manager.
    I got a replacement phone from a friend, and this is an old blackberry pearl.
    Is there a way that I can transfer all my contacts and other info from the blackberry desktop manager to the new phone that I have?
    I know that it can be done if you have both the new and the old phone with you, but this situation is different. Is it possible to get the info from the desktop manager to the new phone without having the old phone with you?
    06-06-11 03:40 PM
    When you backup using Desktop Manager, all the info is saved in a backup file that has filetype IPD. Plug your replacement BlackBerry into Desktop Manager and restore the latest IPD file you have. That's all there is to it.
    06-06-11 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the help Jeff. But I am still stuck. I am using a Mac and dont know where to find the IDP file?
    really appreciate your help.
    06-08-11 11:59 AM
    It's file type IPD. I know Macs don't use file types the same way windows does, so it's possible the Mac version of DM doesn't use them. I don't know. If you can't search for the file type, then run DM and check its settings to see where it saves files. I don't know where that would be on a Mac.
    06-08-11 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD