but right before I lost it the battery was too low for radio use and I have it on auto lock with a password.
    Well someone found it because they charged enough to get it restarted and I have instamapper on it and it gave off a signal for a few minutes. So now I have a house where it was last at how should I go about this? I would post my instamapper link but it wont let me.
    01-22-10 05:37 AM
    Call your local police.
    01-22-10 05:51 AM
    but right before I lost it the battery was too low for radio use and I have it on auto lock with a password.
    Well someone found it because they charged enough to get it restarted and I have instamapper on it and it gave off a signal for a few minutes. So now I have a house where it was last at how should I go about this? I would post my instamapper link but it wont let me.
    Maybe ring their doorbell, they might be trying to find a way to conact you.
    01-22-10 05:53 AM
    Can you try calling the phone to see if they answer it?
    01-22-10 06:06 AM
    yeah thats what I was planning on doing later on today. I told my gf and she thought it was a really bad idea she is really paranoid.
    01-22-10 06:09 AM
    Can you try calling the phone to see if they answer it?
    I did it goes to voice mail I am guessing they tried to put in the password untill it wiped the phone
    01-22-10 06:10 AM
    If you have the adress of the house where it is located do a reserve look up. It will cost like 5 dollars to get the name number of the person the phon eis listed under. Call them and say by any chace were you trying to call me to say that you found my phone?

If you get a nice person or a person say **** how did th is guy know my name and gives you the phone back then no problem,

If he says he has he no idea what you are talking about. Then say OK no problem I will just go file charges.. that cost nothing and you will end up in front of a conmissioner.. Make sure you bring any info that states you think this person has your phone.. Also look if you remember where you lost it and you get to court and this guy has a connection to that place well lets say the conmissioner is pretty smart... Or look on line to see what number you called last then you might be able to remember where you lost it.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes in a hurry

Buy the time you explain to the person what you will be doing and what info you have I am almost certain he /she will give it back or make the person that has it give it back... You see this is all to much for anyone to have to deal with over a phone.

PS.. If you think the phone is whipped cleaned and you had a pretty recent back up on it. Also if you have insurance on it you might just do better saying you lost it...

Do not say stolen.. Then you have a headache. they will tell you to make a report with police and so on.. Also dont mention the whole story you gave here.

I think this might just do the trick.
    01-22-10 06:30 AM
    I did a reverse look up on the address and got a name and phone number. I will keep you guys updated. it's a bit too early to call now.
    01-22-10 06:54 AM
    If you have the adress of the house where it is located do a reserve look up. It will cost like 5 dollars to get the name number of the person the phon eis listed under. Call them and say by any chace were you trying to call me to say that you found my phone?

If you get a nice person or a person say **** how did th is guy know my name and gives you the phone back then no problem,

If he says he has he no idea what you are talking about. Then say OK no problem I will just go file charges.. that cost nothing and you will end up in front of a conmissioner.. Make sure you bring any info that states you think this person has your phone.. Also look if you remember where you lost it and you get to court and this guy has a connection to that place well lets say the conmissioner is pretty smart... Or look on line to see what number you called last then you might be able to remember where you lost it.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes in a hurry

Buy the time you explain to the person what you will be doing and what info you have I am almost certain he /she will give it back or make the person that has it give it back... You see this is all to much for anyone to have to deal with over a phone.

PS.. If you think the phone is whipped cleaned and you had a pretty recent back up on it. Also if you have insurance on it you might just do better saying you lost it...

Do not say stolen.. Then you have a headache. they will tell you to make a report with police and so on.. Also dont mention the whole story you gave here.

I think this might just do the trick.
    Just an fyi and slightly off topic- MSN white pages does a reverse address lookup for free...
    01-22-10 07:08 AM
    And good luck with finding it- too bad people S*#k and have to touch other peoples stuff
    01-22-10 07:09 AM
    You should go where this person lives and egg his house.
    01-22-10 08:44 AM
    I would call the provider. Have you reported it stolen yet?
    01-22-10 08:50 AM
    Seriously? Did you guys read the Original post, the OP lost his phone and someone found it. Seriously bad world you live in if the first thing you assume is the finder is a crook. Quite likely he is trying to charge the phone and waiting for the OP to call so he can return the phone.
    Mofo84, if I were you I would go to the house and ask. What do you have to lose? Explain how you found his address and get your phone. You are probably making a big deal out of nothing.
    But on the other hand, he may be a serial killer and is waiting for you to try to claim your phone so he can lock you in his basement and do unspeakable things to you!!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-22-10 at 10:11 AM. Reason: profanity
    01-22-10 09:43 AM
    Good Luck. I'd knock on the door.
    01-22-10 10:52 AM
    Seriously? Did you guys read the Original post, the OP lost his phone and someone found it. Seriously bad world you live in if the first thing you assume is the finder is a crook. Quite likely he is trying to charge the phone and waiting for the OP to call so he can return the phone.
    Mofo84, if I were you I would go to the house and ask. What do you have to lose? Explain how you found his address and get your phone. You are probably making a big deal out of nothing.
    But on the other hand, he may be a serial killer and is waiting for you to try to claim your phone so he can lock you in his basement and do unspeakable things to you!!
    Good Luck. I'd knock on the door.
    Thats what I am saying!!!! Knock on the door and talk to them, if they give it back maybe you should think of a reward!!!!!!
    01-22-10 11:02 AM
    Just because it gave off a signal for a minute or two in a specific area means nothing, whoever has your phone could have just stopped by this house, and the owners may not even know he had the phone in his pocket, this person could have just been driving by and you got the signal at the point where he may have been in front of this house or any number of things...

I did it goes to voice mail I am guessing they tried to put in the password untill it wiped the phone
    Wiping the phone doesn't prevent it from ringing, it just clears all the data.

Unless you are some high level govt employee or somehow you turned up dead, no one is going to care about where this phone is. Other than you. That's just my take.
    01-22-10 11:03 AM
    If the battery was low enough to shut down the radio and the device is password protected, how did the radio turn back on? or is it a new feature on the Storm?
    01-22-10 11:08 AM
    Put your ear up to their door and call your phone; if it rings, kick down their door!
    01-22-10 12:07 PM
    Depending on where you live... if you live in a small city like I do (pop. 10,000)... then I say go ahead and knock on the door. (at least no one here is going to come bustling out with a bazooka)

I would think they might know you as well, since they are probably a co-worker?
    01-22-10 01:01 PM

He might think he lost it when in fact it was stolen from wherever it is that he left it.
    01-22-10 01:05 PM
    You guys think he got his phone back? Hope nothing happened..
    01-22-10 02:14 PM
    You should go where this person lives and egg his house.
    i would do a lot more than just egging his house
    01-22-10 02:27 PM
    Well guys I went to the house and talked to a lady and showed her the maps and last location of my phone. She says she did not find a phone but maybe her husband did and to give her another number she can reach me at because her husband gets out of work later on. I told her where I work which is right down the street from her. So gave her my name and house number and left her the maps I printed out. A few hours later the husband shows up to my work with my phone he was amazed how I found him. he thought I was a cop or something haha so yeah my storm is back in my hands guys

storm missing
    01-23-10 03:29 AM
    InstaMapper is one of those kewl apps that I really like. I think it could drain the battery pretty quickly, but it always seems very precise in finding your location.

Glad to hear you got your phone back! One thing that I do is have my info screen show a phone number to contact in case the phone is found. It displays anytime the phone is locked, so hopefully, if I lose it and someone find it, they'll have a way to contact me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 06:39 AM
    A few hours later the husband shows up to my work with my phone he was amazed how I found him. he thought I was a cop or something haha so yeah my storm is back in my hands guys

storm missing
    Did he say where he found it and what he was going to do with it? Had he already made some effort to locate its owner (you)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 07:21 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD